523 11 2023-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LukeB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 850 ft
Australia

Hi All,
I just watched this YouTube video and it gives me considerable concern for the future of our hobby.

This video relates to the USA but knowing how governments generally like to control our lives, I think this also applies to everyone, or will sooner or later.
Especially since some drone operators can be a bit foolish at times.

An example is what made the news here in Australia yesterday evening, when a SES helicopter was unable to enter a bush fire area because some fool was flying a drone over the fire area in Western Australia.

Cheers,
Luke
P.S You may have already seen this as I just noticed that it is 6 months old.
2023-12-21
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

If you believe everything on Internet and on the news, you may like this 3 cameras drone for $18.00... Sorry $9.00 dollars now.. It is on special...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006151383659.html?spm

Just saying...
2023-12-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-21 22:03
IMHO the main reason for concern is the reaction of drone pilots.  Why do we enjoy drones?  Why do we want them?   Isn't it to create, explore, & capture events from the unique perspective of the air?  Here you are, a drone pilot, referencing "some fool" capturing video of a fire from his drone.  A fire like this is a perfect example of why we like having a drone!

That a helicopter is unable to enter an area because, again, "some fool" was spotted flying a drone in the vicinity is preposterous.  Or that an entire airport had to be shut down for days because of mysterious & unproven drone sightings?  Seriously?   

to think the brass can't figure out how to deal with a few numbnuts in dinghies & rubber rafts is rather hilarious.
The rebels in Yemen aren't in dinghies and rubber rafts,
You're thinking of Somalia.
The Galaxy Leader had an assault party landed on board from a helicopter.

ps .. to attribute the trouble they are causing to whoever is in the white house shows a lack of understanding of how the world works.
2023-12-21
Use props
LukeB
lvl.2
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 12-21 21:38
If you believe everything on Internet and on the news, you may like this 3 cameras drone for $18.00... Sorry $9.00 dollars now.. It is on special...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006151383659.html?spm

I can't afford one anyway. I just bought a Dji drone.
2023-12-21
Use props
LukeB
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 12-21 22:50
to think the brass can't figure out how to deal with a few numbnuts in dinghies & rubber rafts is rather hilarious.
The rebels in Yemen aren't in dinghies and rubber rafts,
You're thinking of Somalia.

I wonder what would happen if they attacked a Chinese ship?
2023-12-21
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

LukeB Posted at 12-21 23:36
I can't afford one anyway. I just bought a Dji drone.

Were you flying last Sunday near the bushfire?
2023-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-21 23:15
The helicopter should have been blown out of the air before it got anywhere near the ship.  The US military could decimate the Huthis in a day.  Alas, feckless leadership, confusion, lack of testicular fortitude, & weakness emboldens adversaries.  Joe wreaks of weakness, & everyone knows it.  That's why the world has been on fire since his humiliating debacle in Afghanistan.  

When you learn the definition of "fascist" come talk to me about politics.  Perhaps you can ask Fidel Jr. to explain it for you?  If he isn't too busy seizing the bank accounts of his political enemies , imprisoning Canadians for heinous crimes like misgendering, or convincing Canucks to off themselves to save Canada's failed health care system.  Hell Fidel, Jr. might sign you up for MAID!

First they were in rubber dinghies and now you think someone should have shot down the helicopter.
It's great to be an over-confident armchair admiral, completely unaware of the issues.

As for the completely unrelated and unnecessary political diatribe and baiting ... I won't bother even trying.
2023-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-22 13:40
First they were in rubber dinghies and now you think someone should have shot down the helicopter.

We detected & shot down 14 drones but failed to notice the big lumbering helicopter?

We detected & shot down 14 drones but failed to notice the big lumbering helicopter?
Despite knowing very little, you speak like you know everytjhing about the event.

No-one noticed a lumbering helicopter, because no-one was expecting a lumbering helicopter.
No-one was looking for a helicopter, because no-one had been attacking shipping up till then.

You probably have no interest in facts, but just in case, this account of the initial incident is quite informative:

Sal has given a lot more information in subsequent videos.

I notice you made no attempt to refute the fact that Joe Dementia exudes weakness ...
I made no attempt because it's irrelevant.
There's no need to engage with a rabid cultist who cares nothing about facts and injects irrational political ideology at any opportunity.

2023-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-22 20:32
An interesting video were the goal to pontificate about the current lessee of the vessel.  The fact is the Houthis announced their plan to attack shipping on October 7th.  The Galaxy Leader assault occurred a month & a half later on November 20th.  It is not the first time a ship has been assaulted using this method.

Were Biden not incompetent & unfit for office, he would have instructed the US military to prepare & develop plans for dealing with such a situation.  Alas, Biden has failed on every foreign affair situation that has presented throughout his entire career.  Afghanistan, Ukraine, Israel, now the Red Sea, Biden has earned a perfect Lifetime: FAIL award.  Your inability to correlate how Biden's perceived weakness results in enemy aggression is a "you" problem.

DB ... there's no point at all engaging with you if you just want to aggressively push your unpleasant politics into everything.
Stick to drones on here.
2023-12-22
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Meanwhile...

2023-12-23
Use props
LucasYL
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-21 22:03
IMHO the main reason for concern is the reaction of drone pilots.  Why do we enjoy drones?  Why do we want them?   Isn't it to create, explore, & capture events from the unique perspective of the air?  Here you are, a drone pilot, referencing "some fool" capturing video of a fire from his drone.  A fire like this is a perfect example of why we like having a drone!

That a helicopter is unable to enter an area because, again, "some fool" was spotted flying a drone in the vicinity is preposterous.  Or that an entire airport had to be shut down for days because of mysterious & unproven drone sightings?  Seriously?   

Well said Dirty Bird.
2023-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Drones have been all over the news lately.
And unfortunately not very positive.
But I sure love them for capturing the beauty around me
1-29 04:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules