Y - axis invert
464 15 2023-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blarp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52733 ft
Netherlands

Rejoice! I finally fixed it. Now I can mix RC planes with drone flying without mental glitches. Guarantee void is a small price to pay.
2023-12-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How? .........
2023-12-22
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Netherlands

Not sure explanation is allowed here. It involves opening the case (RC = RM330), re-soldering some wires. If something like an I-fixit kit (pry tool) and a JIS J00 screwdriver is present, it takes < 30 mins.
Obviously any warranty is void.
Incidentally, same should be possible for the camera gimbal control.

2023-12-22
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

So when you fly home you push up to land ?
That makes a lot of sense.
2023-12-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-22 18:10
Now you pull down to send the drone up & push up to bring the drone down.

BRILLIANT!

For someone who is so keen on "freedom of choice" stuff it seems odd to me that you should ridicule someone else's CHOICE of what they do with their equipment.
It may be that Blarp is a real plane pilot who has difficulty overcoming muscle memory, or a game player where, I believe, pushing the stick forward frequently produces a descent or maybe they just want the contoller set up that way.
2023-12-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blarp Posted at 12-22 06:29
Not sure explanation is allowed here. It involves opening the case (RC = RM330), re-soldering some wires. If something like an I-fixit kit (pry tool) and a JIS J00 screwdriver is present, it takes < 30 mins.
Obviously any warranty is void.
Incidentally, same should be possible for the camera gimbal control.

I don't see why it would not be allowed, I just wish the picture were bigger lol.
2023-12-22
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-22 21:27
I don't see why it would not be allowed, I just wish the picture were bigger lol.

It is not rocket science to switch the wires from one pot to the other...

Problem is, that's not how you fly a drone or an RC helicopter... Then again, I don't think flying proficiency is the objective of these exercise...

What ever rocks your boat...

2023-12-23
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Netherlands

Where I live the prevalent RC stick mode is left stick is elevator and rudder, pull = up. Incidentally, with (RC) helicopters one *pulls* the collective to go up.
I respect the fact that this may be very different in other locations, but this is what I am used to for decades.
So all I did was to bring the remote in line with the standard we have in my location. I am not the only one...
2023-12-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Blarp Posted at 2023-12-23 01:51
Where I live the prevalent RC stick mode is left stick is elevator and rudder, pull = up. Incidentally, with (RC) helicopters one *pulls* the collective to go up.
I respect the fact that this may be very different in other locations, but this is what I am used to for decades.
So all I did was to bring the remote in line with the standard we have in my location. I am not the only one...

Are you saying that when you fly an RC helicopter in either mode 1 or 2,  you pull the joystick towards you to go up?
1-3 01:36
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Netherlands

Burt37 Posted at 1-3 01:36
Are you saying that when you fly an RC helicopter in either mode 1 or 2,  you pull the joystick towards you to go up?

In my location (Netherlands / Europe) this is the prevalent mode. It certainly is for RC model planes. (and real planes)
In a real helicopter one pulls the collective to go up.
I am not worried about the drone, there is time enough to plan the stick moves you have to make.
I am worried about flying my RC planes - they are fast and require millisecond reflexes. No time to think. This is why I do not want to crosswire my brain and foul my reflexes :-)
1-3 01:48
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Blarp Posted at 1-3 01:48
In my location (Netherlands / Europe) this is the prevalent mode. It certainly is for RC model planes. (and real planes)
In a real helicopter one pulls the collective to go up.
I am not worried about the drone, there is time enough to plan the stick moves you have to make.

You didn't answer my question... I know you are in mode 1 but that's not the point... It doesn't matter which mode you fly with.. In RC helicopters setup mode 1,2,3 or 4 makes no difference for the collective/throttle. The two channel are always mixed...

So I'm asking you again, do you pull towards you or push the joystick away to increase collective and throttle when you fly an RC heli???
1-3 02:03
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Netherlands

Burt37 Posted at 1-3 02:03
You didn't answer my question... I know you are in mode 1 but that's not the point... It doesn't matter which mode you fly with.. In RC helicopters setup mode 1,2,3 or 4 makes no difference for the collective/throttle. The two channel are always mixed...

So I'm asking you again, do you pull towards you or push the joystick away to increase collective and throttle when you fly an RC heli???

Yes. Pull for up. (like "pullup! pullup! terrain!)
So pull = pull towards you.
1-3 02:16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Blarp Posted at 1-3 02:16
Yes. Pull for up. (like "pullup! pullup! terrain!)
So pull = pull towards you.

Sorry but with RC helicopters if you pull towards you, you have negative pitch and zero throttle... You have just landed... You definitely don't go up!

That's why DJI have the same setup as RC helicopters...

I perfectly understand that because you only fly fixed wings, you have learned to pull to go up, and I agree with you in that, it would be nice if DJI gave the chance in their radio to reverse the channel, but for the people that go from RC helicopter to RC drone, the current way (push=up pull=down) does make more sense...
1-3 02:33
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Netherlands

Burt37 Posted at 1-3 02:33
Sorry but with RC helicopters if you pull towards you, you have negative pitch and zero throttle... You have just landed... You definitely don't go up!

That's why DJI have the same setup as RC helicopters...

Apparently this is a source of debate under RC helicopter pilots. (I do not fly çopters myself)
Some are "throttle oriented" - push to go up, others are "collective oriented" - pull for up.
So both seem to exist. And then there are 3D pilots (zero pitch in the middle).. :-)
1-3 03:27
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Blarp Posted at 1-3 03:27
Apparently this is a source of debate under RC helicopter pilots. (I do not fly çopters myself)
Some are "throttle oriented" - push to go up, others are "collective oriented" - pull for up.
So both seem to exist. And then there are 3D pilots (zero pitch in the middle).. :-)

Not really...

It has never been a debate... All helicopter in 2D have Throttle and collective push=up and pull=down

I know that you don't fly helicopters, otherwise we wouldn't have this conversation in the first place..

The only difference in 3D is that the throttle is always around 80-100% while the collective still goes from negative to positive and Zero pitch is achieved and required to be when the stick is in the centre.

When in 2D the centre stick is normally hovering (positive pitch and about 60% throttle)...

When in 3D the centre stick is throttle 80% and pitch at 0 degrees...

We also have autorotation where the throttle stay at zero and the pitch goes again like in 2D but with higher degrees...

Been the same for the past 40 years... Plenty of books and video if you wish to learn. If you like flying drones, you will definitely love flying helicopters....

Like I said, I think DJI could very easily implement digital switches to reverse their channel on the radio,
Even cheap $30 radios (especially surface radios) have this function available, so there is no excuse for it...

Not sure if they will as, as it stand, it is setup correctly for flying collective/throttle...

1-3 14:39
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 22:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules