Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 12-22 06:32
Looking towards the dawn?

Yes, 6am waiting to take a video of a truck unloading building supplies. Not every thing I get to do is beautiful, but I try to steal a few glimpses as I go along.
2023-12-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-22 06:55
Yes, 6am waiting to take a video of a truck unloading building supplies. Not every thing I get to do is beautiful, but I try to steal a few glimpses as I go along.

My job involved a lot of travelling, back in the day. I always carried a camera for the opportunistic shots
2023-12-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 12-22 07:03
My job involved a lot of travelling, back in the day. I always carried a camera for the opportunistic shots

I used to travel to 4 different cities a week, way back. I wish i was into photography back then.
2023-12-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-22 07:46
I used to travel to 4 different cities a week, way back. I wish i was into photography back then.

Wish I had a drone back then.  It was well before the days of the prosumer drones
2023-12-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 12-22 07:57
Wish I had a drone back then.  It was well before the days of the prosumer drones

We are living in a great time. Imagine what they will have 10 years from now.
2023-12-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-22 08:38
We are living in a great time. Imagine what they will have 10 years from now.

Unless the authorities continue in their quest to hound us hobbyists out of the air.
Or the likes of Amazon want the airspace for themselves for drone deliveries.
2023-12-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 12-22 08:54
Unless the authorities continue in their quest to hound us hobbyists out of the air.
Or the likes of Amazon want the airspace for themselves for drone deliveries.

Always follow the money and you have the reason. Amazon wants delivery. They will try to clear the skies of hobbyists and the government will help them for a price.
2023-12-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-22 09:59
Always follow the money and you have the reason. Amazon wants delivery. They will try to clear the skies of hobbyists and the government will help them for a price.

That just about sums it up.  Merry Christmas
2023-12-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 12-22 10:31
That just about sums it up.  Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you too.
2023-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shot    
2023-12-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-23 01:43
Great Shot

Thank you DA.
2023-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its my pleasure.     
2023-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That' a remarkable sunrise skyline.  
2023-12-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 10:27
That' a remarkable sunrise skyline.

Thank you. There is always something new popping up there.
2023-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-23 11:54
Thank you. There is always something new popping up there.

You're very welcome.  

It's really such and amazing skyline that you could shoot it from several different directions I'm sure.  
2023-12-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 12:42
You're very welcome.  

It's really such and amazing skyline that you could shoot it from several different directions I'm sure.

The problem is past the water line is a federal red zone due to helicopters and private planes.. so I could only shoot it from a distance. It is a vast skyline. TYou can get it from different angles but you cant get closer.
2023-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-23 12:46
The problem is past the water line is a federal red zone due to helicopters and private planes.. so I could only shoot it from a distance. It is a vast skyline. TYou can get it from different angles but you cant get closer.

Yeah, that would be a drawback but then zooming capability will help at least some.  
2023-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-23 12:46
The problem is past the water line is a federal red zone due to helicopters and private planes.. so I could only shoot it from a distance. It is a vast skyline. TYou can get it from different angles but you cant get closer.

Forgot to tell you about my outing this morning.  My grandson called and said him and his friend were flying their drones and the friends drones motors just stopped and the drone fell into the pond in their housing community.  My grandson wanted me to come dive and get it for him.  Fortunately, I had a dive trip planned for Christmas day so I already had all my gear in my truck.  When I got to the pond the first thing that greeted me, besides my grandson and his friend, was a 4 foot alligator.  So I got geared up, including my spear gun, and headed or the spot they say it went down.  The bottom of that pond is just pure muck so as I neared it just stirred it up and visibility was zero.  Fortunately, I felt the props as I was just feeling around and grabbed it.  Made my way back to the bank with the drone and the alligator was still laying there.  I was most thankful he didn't come in the water as there was no way I would have been able to see him.  Fortunately, the grandson's friend has Care Refresh on his Mini 4 Pro.  
2023-12-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 12:58
Forgot to tell you about my outing this morning.  My grandson called and said him and his friend were flying their drones and the friends drones motors just stopped and the drone fell into the pond in their housing community.  My grandson wanted me to come dive and get it for him.  Fortunately, I had a dive trip planned for Christmas day so I already had all my gear in my truck.  When I got to the pond the first thing that greeted me, besides my grandson and his friend, was a 4 foot alligator.  So I got geared up, including my spear gun, and headed or the spot they say it went down.  The bottom of that pond is just pure muck so as I neared it just stirred it up and visibility was zero.  Fortunately, I felt the props as I was just feeling around and grabbed it.  Made my way back to the bank with the drone and the alligator was still laying there.  I was most thankful he didn't come in the water as there was no way I would have been able to see him.  Fortunately, the grandson's friend has Care Refresh on his Mini 4 Pro.

Very nice of you. I don't know if I would have had the guts to risk it. They are fast in the water.
2023-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-23 13:05
Very nice of you. I don't know if I would have had the guts to risk it. They are fast in the water.

I was a bit apprehensive at first but the friend was really devastated at losing his new drone.  My hope was that the alligator was sunning and wouldn't follow me in.  Fortunately, he obliged.  I had my spear gun with me but I would never have been able to see him coming and to be honest I'm not sure it would have been enough to stop him from taking a chomp out of me.  Anyway, it worked out this time.

The grandson's friend was screen recording so I was able to review the recording on his RC2.  I pointed out to him that starting with 28% battery and flying over water was not a good mix to start with.  He agreed and said he would not be doing that again.  He said he only had one battery and that he hopes to get another as a Christmas present.  
2023-12-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 12:53
Yeah, that would be a drawback but then zooming capability will help at least some.

Yes, unfortunately to get the color and low light I used the 2 Pro which doesn't zoom. In the daytiethe air 2S would do nicely.
2023-12-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 13:20
I was a bit apprehensive at first but the friend was really devastated at losing his new drone.  My hope was that the alligator was sunning and wouldn't follow me in.  Fortunately, he obliged.  I had my spear gun with me but I would never have been able to see him coming and to be honest I'm not sure it would have been enough to stop him from taking a chomp out of me.  Anyway, it worked out this time.

The grandson's friend was screen recording so I was able to review the recording on his RC2.  I pointed out to him that starting with 28% battery and flying over water was not a good mix to start with.  He agreed and said he would not be doing that again.  He said he only had one battery and that he hopes to get another as a Christmas present.

The inability to see is the scary part. It's funny that drone failure is usually human error.
2023-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-23 13:20
Yes, unfortunately to get the color and low light I used the 2 Pro which doesn't zoom. In the daytiethe air 2S would do nicely.

That's right I was confusing that with the Mavic 2 Zoom.  The Air 2S does do zoom quite well though.
2023-12-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 13:30
That's right I was confusing that with the Mavic 2 Zoom.  The Air 2S does do zoom quite well though.

Yes but the smaller 1 inch sensor isn't great before sunrise. After sunrise it's fantastic. In the dark it's a little grainy unless you set the ISO manually. In the dark in a strange place I prefer to keep the exposure automatic so I can see where I'm going.
2023-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-23 13:23
The inability to see is the scary part. It's funny that drone failure is usually human error.

It was so dark in that water I might as well have been wearing a blindfold.  

Yes, I feel the same about most drone failures being attributed to human error.  I think poor planning is a huge part of the human error.
2023-12-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 13:36
It was so dark in that water I might as well have been wearing a blindfold.  

Yes, I feel the same about most drone failures being attributed to human error.  I think poor planning is a huge part of the human error.

You know I use dronelogbook to track the battery usage and drone flights, uav forecast, b4ufly and ads=b app along with live ATC all precautionary apps before I fly. I have insurance and DJI care. My employees think I'm nuts.  But I don't leave things to chance.
2023-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-23 13:33
Yes but the smaller 1 inch sensor isn't great before sunrise. After sunrise it's fantastic. In the dark it's a little grainy unless you set the ISO manually. In the dark in a strange place I prefer to keep the exposure automatic so I can see where I'm going.

No doubt each drone has some drawbacks.  
2023-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-23 13:42
You know I use dronelogbook to track the battery usage and drone flights, uav forecast, b4ufly and ads=b app along with live ATC all precautionary apps before I fly. I have insurance and DJI care. My employees think I'm nuts.  But I don't leave things to chance.

Some people might consider that overkill but not me.  I'm of the opinion that you can never be too careful and more "helpful" items is better.

I saw where Aloft’s new Air Aware drone app to replace ubiquitous B4UFLY tool.  It's strange that the Aloft Air Aware App doesn't allow LAANC requests yet.  Hopefully, that will be added soon.

https://dronedj.com/2023/12/19/a ... uitous-b4ufly-tool/
2023-12-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 14:01
Some people might consider that overkill but not me.  I'm of the opinion that you can never be too careful and more "helpful" items is better.

I saw where Aloft’s new Air Aware drone app to replace ubiquitous B4UFLY tool.  It's strange that the Aloft Air Aware App doesn't allow LAANC requests yet.  Hopefully, that will be added soon.

According to pilot institute that app is for hobbyists. It's supposed to simplify the process for hobbyists and avoid  giving them too much info they don't need. The airloft AI gives you more info but I find it's not as good with addresses as the b4ufly app. Somesitmes I have to look it up on Google earth see the details then find it on Airloft
2023-12-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 13:50
No doubt each drone has some drawbacks.

On purpose every drone lacks something.
2023-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-23 14:19
According to pilot institute that app is for hobbyists. It's supposed to simplify the process for hobbyists and avoid  giving them too much info they don't need. The airloft AI gives you more info but I find it's not as good with addresses as the b4ufly app. Somesitmes I have to look it up on Google earth see the details then find it on Airloft

So I guess I'm confused as I thought that the B4UFly App was going away.  
2023-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-23 14:21
On purpose every drone lacks something.

DJI does a really good job of making the consumer want more and more and more.  
2023-12-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-24 06:43
DJI does a really good job of making the consumer want more and more and more.

That is their job. They're pretty good at it. It's amazing that I don't really need another drone but I look at them all the time.
2023-12-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-24 06:41
So I guess I'm confused as I thought that the B4UFly App was going away.

That's what they say. They want you to use aloft AI for pros. It has the grids in controlled airspace but the addresses get hung up when you search. I use three different things. None of the software is perfect either.
2023-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-24 07:12
That is their job. They're pretty good at it. It's amazing that I don't really need another drone but I look at them all the time.

Look, but don't touch until the Mavic 4s come out.  I got to admit it is tempting even though my hangar is already full and the ones I have more than meet my needs.  
2023-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-24 07:16
That's what they say. They want you to use aloft AI for pros. It has the grids in controlled airspace but the addresses get hung up when you search. I use three different things. None of the software is perfect either.

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard for an experienced development team to come up with an all encompassing and working App for all uses.  Guess that is asking too much though.
2023-12-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-24 07:48
You'd think it wouldn't be that hard for an experienced development team to come up with an all encompassing and working App for all uses.  Guess that is asking too much though.

I guess everybody wants something different. I was listening to the review on the new app and thought to myself, who would want less information about where you are going to fly. I feel like some of the world wants dumbed down.ed nemeth was recommending drone buddy. I took a look aat it and it's pretty but gives you no info. I can't really find a use for it. I use the paid version of UAV forecast so I can get a 1 week forecast of the weather which is relly accurate.
2023-12-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-24 07:42
Look, but don't touch until the Mavic 4s come out.  I got to admit it is tempting even though my hangar is already full and the ones I have more than meet my needs.

That's the way I feel all of the new features are nice to have but not must haves. I would like multiple lenses but for the must part I can fly in and get the same things, and half of it is about the flying.
2023-12-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules