HomePoint updated after 51s in flight WHY ?
747 6 2023-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

First flight on the latest firmware with my Mini4pro.
Screen reording but unfortunate without audio.

At take off HomePoint updated, as normal.

BUT after 51 seconds in flight, at distance out of 92 meter....audio voice that HomePoint is updated !  uh ?
In the log indeed a HP updated but not 93 meters away from the first HP settin, 1.1 meter away from first HP.

Really strange....

Tested out the autolanding disabling. OMG, DJI did not only disable the bottom vision sensor but all vision sensors !!
Not what i had exepected or hoped for.

cheers
JJB

2023-12-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd try another flight just to check if the first one was a fluke.
With regards to the disabling of all sensors, if you are a hand catcher I think that is wise ..... for the landing phase at least, in fact I would prefer horizontal OA disabled during all landing phases full stop.

In truth I do not see the need to disable landing protection for hand catching and I have hand landed drones in a reasonable wind.
That said I can see the disabling of all sensors being a problem if someone flew with it as a permanent setting.  
2023-12-23
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2007070 ft
Canada

My Mini 4 did the same thing yesterday.

7 minutes into the flight while I was creating a waypoint mission I heard the Home Point Updated voice prompt. On the screen recording I saw the home point updated message and the home point Icon move slightly on the map. The drone and controller were 8 Meters east from the original home point but the updated home point did not move to where the drone and controller were but about 2 meters west of the original home point.

This is somewhat concerning not only from a safety standpoint but it made my waypoint mission unflyable as it not only changed the coordinates of the home point but the elevation was now showing 3 meters higher than it had been recorded at take off and when setting the waypoints. This put the drone 3M closer to the terrain on the waypoints mission and it had to be aborted.

I had flown several flights 3 days previously, also with the new firmware, and did not notice any strange behavior on those flights.
2023-12-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MRDroneRookie Posted at 12-27 10:41
My Mini 4 did the same thing yesterday.

7 minutes into the flight while I was creating a waypoint mission I heard the Home Point Updated voice prompt. On the screen recording I saw the home point updated message and the home point Icon move slightly on the map. The drone and controller were 8 Meters east from the original home point but the updated home point did not move to where the drone and controller were but about 2 meters west of the original home point.

hmm, bad weather here now, have to fly more to see if this happens again.

7 minutes in flight ! It is really strange to get an unwanted HomePoint update ....

Interesting to see your flightlog fro this issue as well.

cheers
JJB
2023-12-27
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2007070 ft
Canada

JJB* Posted at 12-27 10:48
hmm, bad weather here now, have to fly more to see if this happens again.

7 minutes in flight ! It is really strange to get an unwanted HomePoint update ....

After looking at the logs I'm not sure why the home point updated after 7.5 minutes. I think the satellite count was adequate. It moved the home point nearly 2 meters in horizontal location but did not change the take off altitude at that time. However it did change the takeoff altitude during that flight while I was creating the waypoint mission. The flight log showed a landing altitude of 8.5 feet when I touched down on the ground in the same location as the original takeoff. I was unable to fly the waypoint mission as I had only allowed 3-4 Meter clearance above a rooftop,

I'll have to do some more testing to see If the unrequested home point update happens again and also test what kind of accuracy and repeatability can be achieved with the waypoint positioning to reliably plan waypoint missions within ? meters from an obstacle.

In case you want to have a look and see if you notice anything interesting here's a link to a .xlsx spreadsheet of the flightlog with the coordinates modified to keep the location private.

Flight log spreadsheet.
2023-12-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MRDroneRookie Posted at 12-28 17:32
After looking at the logs I'm not sure why the home point updated after 7.5 minutes. I think the satellite count was adequate. It moved the home point nearly 2 meters in horizontal location but did not change the take off altitude at that time. However it did change the takeoff altitude during that flight while I was creating the waypoint mission. The flight log showed a landing altitude of 8.5 feet when I touched down on the ground in the same location as the original takeoff. I was unable to fly the waypoint mission as I had only allowed 3-4 Meter clearance above a rooftop,

I'll have to do some more testing to see If the unrequested home point update happens again and also test what kind of accuracy and repeatability can be achieved with the waypoint positioning to reliably plan waypoint missions within ? meters from an obstacle.

Hi,

My own tool needs the original flightlog.txt, so cannot use your spreadsheet.

If you like sent the log via PM to me, to keep it private. (but who cares about your coordinates, or did you start your flight next to the White House?  ;-) )

cheers
JJB
2023-12-29
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar issue soon after my drone arrived - documented here with log:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=300118

But I got a firmware update a couple of days later and haven't seen the problem since (but I'm an infrequent flyer so it may still be lurking).
2023-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules