BMPCC Gimbal Issues
1521 8 2015-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magicjon
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm struggling to get an issue resolved, need some advice where to go from here.

Ive had my BMPCC Zenmuse since February, and I have had to return it twice already for repairs due to faulty parts.  

I received my recent repair about 10 days ago (which was a faulty HD/AV board), having plugged it back in and done pre flight checks the same issue has happened, i've lost the video link - the gimbal has a constant red light and the HD/AV hardware doesnt show up in the software.  Ive emailed DJI EU and tried calling MANY times, but the line is constantly engaged.  

I have tripled checked the set up with all manuals and everything is spot on, why is this happening?

Each  time I have to send this gimbal back it costs time and money.  How do I deal with this?  

Ideally I would like to return this for a complete new one or to change it to the GH4 gimbal that people seems to be happy with, and dealers seems to have parts for.

Any advice?

2015-9-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

They may have replaced the AV/HD board but my question is did they replace the HDMI cable.  Did your repair order list this part?  I have only had one AV/HD board fail.  Most have issues with the slip ring transmission of  video and interference caused by that.  Make sure that the AV/HD board is switched to HD.  Also check the settings in your camera to make sure that the output is compatible with the Zenmuse.  I do not have access to the Germany system but can forward to China for review.  Please post your prior RMA/ZenDesk case number.
2015-9-8
Use props
AerialJon
lvl.1

Germany

Hello

Thank you for the response.

I don't know if they replaced the cable but I don't think that was listed (I can't check as i'm currently away on business).

i'm not using Lightbridge and i have tried the switch, it doesn't make a difference.

There was a time the video feed worked (and with my current set up), so my BMPCC does work with the Zenmuse BMPCC gimbal!.

My RMA number was: K14081506

Here is a link showing the issue:  http://youtu.be/oKclu9gJ7so

Hope you can help resolve this frustrating experience, half the issue I find with DJI is the response times or being kept in the loop!

Regards

2015-9-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jon, I am seeking a resolution to your problem.  I will let you know once I have an answer.
2015-9-9
Use props
AerialJon
lvl.1

Germany

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-10 04:33
Jon, I am seeking a resolution to your problem.  I will let you know once I have an answer.

Thank you for your help.

DJI have contacted me and replacing the gimbal, really appreciate what you have done.

Regards
2015-9-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you.  I am glad that I was able to assist.
2015-9-11
Use props
AerialJon
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-12 07:58
Thank you.  I am glad that I was able to assist.

How long do repairs normally take?

It was picked up via UPS on the 15th September.  The 'repair' status has been the same for 7 days +

Thought they were just replacing it!

Sorry just again no communication from DJI.
2015-10-1
Use props
AerialJon
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello

I received my 'repaired' gimbal back on the 6th of October.  The weather hasn't been great to be able to fly, however, I have managed to get out an test this again.  

It seems there are still issues - the video feed works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't - the light on the gimbal keeps going back to solid red.  

I have taken some video to show this and have emailed DJI support about this again.  It has got to the point where I am totally unhappy with this item.  Since Feb it has been in and out of the repair centre for different things and also the same thing.

Any suggestions on this ongoing problem?
To confirm I have bought a new micro HDMI lead to HDMI to test the camera - this is working all ok.

Vimeo:

Password: s1000issue

Also plugged in the assistant and started up numerous times, no HD/AV Board showing.

Assistant Screen Grab

Assistant Screen Grab
2015-10-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jon,  You have a intermittent connection somewhere in the system.  First I would check the HDMI connection to the camera.  Make sure it it not moving around.  Then check where the cable connects into the HD/AV board.  The LED on the front of the camera should be solid green when it detects a HD signal and flashing green when it is transmitting.  Red means no connection.  Do you have any friends with a BMPCC that you can borrow for a test to confirm that it is not the HDMI connection in the camera.  We have had a GH4 user that had the connection fail in the camera.   
2015-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules