iPhone 6 or Galaxy S5 for use with Phantoms?
2009 7 2014-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpallred
lvl.1

United States

Any practical difference between iOS vs android from a Phantom point of view?  It looks like the P2V+V3 is finally the glitch-free (except those fricking batteries) version of the product I’ve been waiting for.  I’ve got a Kindle Fire HD7 I guess I could use (I don’t like the way Amazon makes their customers pawns in their market battle with Google but it was a gift) for FPV but I’d like my phone to be an option too.  My iPhone 3GS is getting a little long in the tooth – and won’t run the latest iOS – so I’m looking to buy something current to replace it.  Although the iPhone 5 is still available, I don’t see the point in buying something new that isn’t the current generation so that means a 6 (6+ is just too big) if I stay with Apple.  Since the phone is my only Apple product, and I don’t see that changing, I’m not invested in their software ecosystem.  Android has come a long way since my 3GS was new so I’m considering going that way.  From multiple reviews I’ve read it looks like the Samsung Galaxy S5 is comparable to the iPhone 6.  At least none of the reviews would pick a definite winner and I see pluses/minuses both ways.  

Since it looks like DJI supports the Galaxy/Note devices (although S5 not on the list yet) it seems like the Galaxy would be a safe android choice.  Although I’m looking at the P2V+V3 now, I’ve just bought the GoPro Hero 4 Black and might be interested in pairing that with a P2 (as a 2nd phantom) or the dronexpert interchangeable gimbal mod later on.  So from the DJI and GoPro points of view, any practical reasons for choosing between the iPhone 6 and Galaxy S5 (or some other android phone)?
2014-12-10
Use props
kw
lvl.3

Denmark

I had problems loosing wifi connection with my Iphone 4 and changed it to Samsung S5. The problem was solved and havent occured Again. I would recommand the Samsung.
2014-12-10
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

I use a galaxy s5 and a galaxy note 10.1 tablet with no problems at all.
2014-12-10
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Both work fine i use my wife's iphone 6  and i have a Htc m8 and it also works fine its just what operating system you prefer .
2014-12-10
Use props
Rawbz08
New

United States

mark_turner6920 Posted at 2014-12-11 02:14
I use a galaxy s5 and a galaxy note 10.1 tablet with no problems at all.

Are you using a newer 10.1? mine is probably about 2 years old now and i get a msg for vision app not compatible

Thanks.
2014-12-12
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

Rawbz08@gmail.c Posted at 2014-12-12 23:45
Are you using a newer 10.1? mine is probably about 2 years old now and i get a msg for vision app  ...

Had mine a year now it's the gt-n8010 model. If go to the app store it will say not suitable etc but if browse the dji support and download pages on the tablet and find the vision app you will be able to download it from there. Stupid setup but that's how I did it.
2014-12-12
Use props
Rawbz08
New

United States

mark_turner6920 Posted at 2014-12-13 00:33
Had mine a year now it's the gt-n8010 model. If go to the app store it will say not suitable etc b ...

awesome thanks ill try it out
2014-12-12
Use props
Rawbz08
New

United States

m.dji.net/djivision
2014-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules