517 2 2015-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hey Folks,

Updated and did my usual post upgrade tests today.
I have a query - and this is a genuine question - I'm not trying to flame anyone here.

In April, the announcement was:
"Plan and execute autonomous flight paths by telling your Inspire 1 where to go and what to do at up to 100 points on a map."

This was really important to me as waypoint and between waypoint tasking is key to my use cases.
The release has a waypoint function - not using maps, but let's not go there.
My query is why didn't we get the ability to task the camera and aircraft at (and between) waypoints?
This isn't a safety issue and sorry, but I just don't see the point of setting a waypoint course and then manually controlling the camera as the Inspire flies.
Even in autonomous flight, the pilot must maintain VLOS contact and can't be completely focussed on the screen.

Yes I know that a clever 3rd Party will probably develop something sometime that I can use - that's not the point.

2015-9-8
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was under the impression according to one of the posts in here, that you could control the cameras yaw and pitch independently when in Way Point mode. If this is not the case then what the hell is the point. No pun intended.

Many thanks,
Houston
2015-9-8
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

You can manually control the camera while flying waypoints, but that's not a lot of use to me.
As the pilot, I need to keep my awareness on the aircraft, not on the screen.
2015-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules