804 15 2023-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Philip J
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140207 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

a Wish for 2024. DJI Software for creating waypoints on the PC or laptop for the Mini 4 Pro. This works ideally at Litchi. Relax and create a route on your PC and upload it to the controller. Should also be possible for DJI.
2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-25
Use props
user5f368ba124
New
Flight distance : 323691 ft
Canada

I wish there was a way that I could save my waypoints on my laptop also. Or there is and I am missing how?

I have set waypoints for a construction project and need to make sure I have the data for the next two years even if my drone breaks and I need to buy a new one.
2023-12-25
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

user5f368ba124 Posted at 12-25 19:57
I wish there was a way that I could save my waypoints on my laptop also. Or there is and I am missing how?

I have set waypoints for a construction project and need to make sure I have the data for the next two years even if my drone breaks and I need to buy a new one.

Actually!  
We've been wanting this for years!
... Mavic 3........   
2023-12-25
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

This would indeed be nice, a good backup would be ideal. I have tried to copy the files on the controller to my PC and then transfer them back to the other Mini 4 pro. I couldn't get this done. My experience is that this is not possible. For DJI, this should be a simple action during an update, right?
2023-12-26
Use props
yves wouters
lvl.2
Belgium

I second that. It should still be editable(fine tuned) on the controller once you are in the field, just in case.
2023-12-26
Use props
fans666a9f9d
New
Flight distance : 1089232 ft

Belgium

It would be nice if we can make a waypoint mission in the app on the phone/tablet save it to our dji-account and then you can open the mission in the fly app on the dji rc. Because now we can create a mission on the fly app on the rc remote but the screen is to small and it uses a lot of battery. And when all the missions are saved on the account you will always have a backup and when you have multiple drones you can use is on all youre drones that support waypoints. Like litchi did.
1-7 06:07
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

That's how I did it at Litchi. Compose and save the flight at the comfort of your home and then open it on your controller. Worked perfectly. Should also be possible with DJI
1-7 07:57
Use props
ortispark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265876 ft
Canada

Can DJI waypoint feature be use and program on pc? and not will dji commit to make it available ASAP?
1-23 07:34
Use props
rndmsfree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86388 ft

United States

Try using waypointmap.com.  It's a new service, so they're still working on it, but it's live.  There is a very simple free tier and a much more fleshed out (but cheap compared to the others) paid tier, too.

For whatever reason, the forum won't link to it, so just type it into your browser.
1-23 07:46
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

rndmsfree Posted at 1-23 07:46
Try using waypointmap.com.  It's a new service, so they're still working on it, but it's live.  There is a very simple free tier and a much more fleshed out (but cheap compared to the others) paid tier, too.

For whatever reason, the forum won't link to it, so just type it into your browser.

Looks good, but how do you get the saved waypoint route in the Smart remote controller 2
1-23 07:55
Use props
rndmsfree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86388 ft

United States

Look at the tutorial section at the top of the page, but basically, you need to save the file to an SD card and move it to the RC2.  The way you have to put it there is kinda janky and specific, but works.
1-23 09:14
Use props
Bigtex 57
lvl.1

United States

DITTO!!  WAITING FOR THIS FROM DJI SINCE THE DAWNING OF LITCHI IN THE PHANTOM SERIES DRONE. Litchi was the work around.  Maybe DJI could buy Litchi??
Plan a mission on a laptop or PC using the DJI Waypoint Mission Software, save the file and uploade it to the DJIController to be used with the DJI Drone products.  

How difficult can that be??
1-29 14:14
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

rndmsfree Posted at 1-23 09:14
Look at the tutorial section at the top of the page, but basically, you need to save the file to an SD card and move it to the RC2.  The way you have to put it there is kinda janky and specific, but works.

Today I used Waypointmap.com to create waypoints. It took some trial and error, but it works. Placed the file to the controller by copying and pasting and the file is on the controller. The only disadvantage is that Heading is not clearly shown by an arrow. But this can easily be applied to the controller afterwards. Now make a test flight with this waypoint file. Needs some nice weather :-) How difficult can it be for DJI to come up with something like this?
Picture Waypointmap.com

Waypoint.jpg
2-2 07:04
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

The waypoint on the controller
2-2 07:19
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

My 1st experiment with waypoints and time lapses is ready. Used the saved wayponts three times. November 2023, January 2024 and April. If I leave out the summer, the difference won't really be noticeable. It is quite the same route that the Mini 4 Pro flew. Sometimes there is a slight difference in height, perhaps due to weather conditions.

Just remind DJI, waypoints on PC option
4-24 05:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules