DJI_0003.00_54_56_07.Still010.jpg
2023-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks great in B&W,  the edit has a real Dave Beckerman vibe about it.
2023-12-25
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Nice photo - I don’t see many people
2023-12-25
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-25 01:48
Looks great in B&W,  the edit has a real Dave Beckerman vibe about it.

Not familiar. will look it up.
2023-12-25
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Codgerzh2 Posted at 12-25 02:32
Nice photo - I don’t see many people

Its true. It was cold about 10 am. Maybe they are all workibg.
2023-12-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-25 04:38
Not familiar. will look it up.

Sadly he died not long ago.   His blog used to be fantastic but he’s still got a small selection online

https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/dave-beckerman
2023-12-25
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-25 04:46
Sadly he died not long ago.   His blog used to be fantastic but he’s still got a small selection online

https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/dave-beckerman

Nice monochromes
2023-12-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

He’s taken some wonderful IR shots in Central Park.  I think he was the influence that got me into IR photography
2023-12-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remarkable shot!
2023-12-25
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank You.
2023-12-25
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-25 04:53
He’s taken some wonderful IR shots in Central Park.  I think he was the influence that got me into IR photography

I wasn't aware of that. Never dis IR.
2023-12-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

My pleasure.  I just noticed that the parking garage in the right side background appears to be topped with solar panels or could that just be my imagine?  
2023-12-25
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-25 07:03
My pleasure.  I just noticed that the parking garage in the right side background appears to be topped with solar panels or could that just be my imagine?

Yes, they are. There a re solar panels all over this town.
2023-12-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-25 06:04
I wasn't aware of that. Never dis IR.

During the summer I take a lot of IR shots,  infact the last two exhibitions Ive been included in they have picked IR shots for it.     It's a bit niche and theres a trend for something new and different it seems.  
2023-12-26
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-26 04:40
During the summer I take a lot of IR shots,  infact the last two exhibitions Ive been included in they have picked IR shots for it.     It's a bit niche and theres a trend for something new and different it seems.

What camera do you use for it?\
2023-12-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-25 07:27
Yes, they are. There a re solar panels all over this town.

That's really good.  I was at a home builders Expo a while back and one of the booths I visited was demonstrating some exciting products.  They had solar roofing shingles, solar window panes and some floating solar panels.  

Not sure if 100% renewable energy use is attainable or not but unless we deploy, deploy, deploy will never even get close.
2023-12-26
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-26 08:30
That's really good.  I was at a home builders Expo a while back and one of the booths I visited was demonstrating some exciting products.  They had solar roofing shingles, solar window panes and some floating solar panels.  

Not sure if 100% renewable energy use is attainable or not but unless we deploy, deploy, deploy will never even get close.

/that's very true. All the more reason to get a thermal imaging drone too.
2023-12-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

An unusually angular complex of buildings.
2023-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-26 05:52
What camera do you use for it?\

I have a Canon 70d which is converted for 850nm
2023-12-27
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-27 02:13
I have a Canon 70d which is converted for 850nm

and it does infer- red?
2023-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-27 04:35
and it does infer- red?

Yes,  during the conversion they change the filters on the sensor to let in IR light and not visible light,  the down side is you loose the auto sensor cleaning function.  But unlike with adding a filter you can get normal shutter speeds.  
2023-12-27
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-27 05:18
Yes,  during the conversion they change the filters on the sensor to let in IR light and not visible light,  the down side is you loose the auto sensor cleaning function.  But unlike with adding a filter you can get normal shutter speeds.

Who did the modification?
2023-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-27 05:19
Who did the modification?

Mine was done by ACS - https://advancedcameraservices.c ... ra-red-photography/
2023-12-27
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-27 05:26
Mine was done by ACS - https://advancedcameraservices.co.uk/acs-digital-infra-red-photography/

The next time I upgrade a camera I'll try it with an old one.
2023-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-27 06:24
The next time I upgrade a camera I'll try it with an old one.

It opens a new world for sure,  but you do need to decide which type of conversion you want,  or you can go full spectrum and then still add filters to adjust the colours. You can see a selection of my IR shots here

https://www.instagram.com/imagesbyda/
2023-12-27
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-27 06:32
It opens a new world for sure,  but you do need to decide which type of conversion you want,  or you can go full spectrum and then still add filters to adjust the colours. You can see a selection of my IR shots here

https://www.instagram.com/imagesbyda/

Nice, I will have to do some research.
2023-12-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-26 13:04
/that's very true. All the more reason to get a thermal imaging drone too.

I'd love to have a thermal imaging drone.  However, after thoroughly reading this article I'm not sure how much more money I want to invest in drones.  

https://dronedj.com/2023/12/15/u ... 6USk2kynALkQR4SRTp4

This paragraph was extremely worrying.

Indeed, the Countering CCP Drones Act introduced in March not only seeks the same kind of soon-redundant blacklisting of craft from DJI and other China-based companies as the looming law on Biden’s desk. It would also prevent anyone from flying them, de facto, through its proposed ban on those craft from using Federal Communications Commission (FCC) infrastructure during operation.
2023-12-27
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-27 08:40
I'd love to have a thermal imaging drone.  However, after thoroughly reading this article I'm not sure how much more money I want to invest in drones.  

https://dronedj.com/2023/12/15/us-anti-dji-and-autel-drone-blacklist-poised-to-become-law-clearing-the-way-for-nation-wide-user-bans-already-in-the-works/?fbclid=IwAR2TE8NHBwyhNEtHxOHiMiQz7GT5IaQAMa42O8EUROcLd2mo62x2TKa8YbY_aem_ASG2LXlZXMqmWEI21-PeWG9lXrHLdH8nuCvlia93AXiU9xlU6USk2kynALkQR4SRTp4

And it's all in the name of security and privacy while it's really protecting American companies that can't compete with Chinese technology. It's holding me back too. I want an enterprise drone that does construction but you have to buy 2 to get what you need. Do you are with all the legislation that's coning down the road? It just leaves me sitting and waiting. I don't' want to buy a brick.
2023-12-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-27 09:12
And it's all in the name of security and privacy while it's really protecting American companies that can't compete with Chinese technology. It's holding me back too. I want an enterprise drone that does construction but you have to buy 2 to get what you need. Do you are with all the legislation that's coning down the road? It just leaves me sitting and waiting. I don't' want to buy a brick.

With this new law I may eventually be down to only flying my Skydio 2+ drone.  I'm guessing other drone manufacturers will pop up here in the US but they will be years behind in developing the technology and getting the parts needed and no doubt have astronomical prices attached to them.  I knew when drone delivery started increasing that there was a good chance that recreational flyers would get pushed to FRIAs or worse.  I just didn't know how soon that would happen.  Sadly, if they outlaw drones made in China ours will become bricks and there is no way the USG is going to reimburse us a dime for the money we spent on our drones.
2023-12-27
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-27 09:50
With this new law I may eventually be down to only flying my Skydio 2+ drone.  I'm guessing other drone manufacturers will pop up here in the US but they will be years behind in developing the technology and getting the parts needed and no doubt have astronomical prices attached to them.  I knew when drone delivery started increasing that there was a good chance that recreational flyers would get pushed to FRIAs or worse.  I just didn't know how soon that would happen.  Sadly, if they outlaw drones made in China ours will become bricks and there is no way the USG is going to reimburse us a dime for the money we spent on our drones.

I received this from Skydio when I contacted them in a panic after that news came out.

Mon, Dec 18, 8:19 AM (9 days ago)

to me
Charles- just saw your message:

"Interested in Real Estate, Construction and Media"

Could you share more about your use case? The X10 can range in cost from about $15k on low end (stripped down) to $50k on high end (lots of software and accessories). The S2+ can range in cost from about $5k on low end (stripped down) to $20k on high end (lots of software).

Do you have a business case that will justify a purchase of this amount?

How would you answer that?
2023-12-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-27 10:18
I received this from Skydio when I contacted them in a panic after that news came out.

Mon, Dec 18, 8:19 AM (9 days ago)

I was lucky when I purchased the S2+ as it was the consumer version and not the Enterprise version which was much more expensive back then but not at today's costs for sure.  Once Skydio departed the consumer market they immediately jacked up the prices for their enterprise drones due to the demand for American made drones.  They are killing it in the government markets.  

That would be a large investment unless your business can support that big of an outlay to purchase an American made drone.  I think that if DJI and Autel drones get banned there will be a long implementation period and maybe current ones will be grandfathered in.  Really an unknown at this point and I'm not even sure Congress knows what they want to implement.
2023-12-28
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-28 08:07
I was lucky when I purchased the S2+ as it was the consumer version and not the Enterprise version which was much more expensive back then but not at today's costs for sure.  Once Skydio departed the consumer market they immediately jacked up the prices for their enterprise drones due to the demand for American made drones.  They are killing it in the government markets.  

That would be a large investment unless your business can support that big of an outlay to purchase an American made drone.  I think that if DJI and Autel drones get banned there will be a long implementation period and maybe current ones will be grandfathered in.  Really an unknown at this point and I'm not even sure Congress knows what they want to implement.

The problem is the ban is section H in the security bill. They wont even read it. They'll just check off for security and OK it. I here there will be DJI lobbyists. Let's see what happens.
2023-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-28 12:06
The problem is the ban is section H in the security bill. They wont even read it. They'll just check off for security and OK it. I here there will be DJI lobbyists. Let's see what happens.

Hopefully, the DJI lobbyists can outplay the Commercial Drone delivery lobbyists.  Just too many people competing for the same airspace.  
2023-12-29
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-29 08:33
Hopefully, the DJI lobbyists can outplay the Commercial Drone delivery lobbyists.  Just too many people competing for the same airspace.

I am afraid the politicians will just see security and china and move forward.
2023-12-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-29 09:44
I am afraid the politicians will just see security and china and move forward.

That's a distinctive possibility.
2023-12-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice shot!
2-3 07:35
Use props
BetterBizTech