Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-5 05:43
Things like quality of life, jobs, culture and govt. greed change the living landscape. NYC is getting ridiculous. It's become a sanctuary city, all of our aid is going to people whoare here illegally, crime rates are rising and the city is falling apart. The good people in the area are leaving in droves but they are being replaced for people looking for free opportunity. I don't see the end result as good, but we will see.

No doubt that is a really sad situation.  What's really sad is the President is not doing something about protecting the US borders.  Immigrants are pouring into Florida on a daily basis.  Most of the boats they arrive on are not really even sea worthy but they chance it anyway.  I had a family of 4 that tried to homestead on the front of my property next to the highway. Seems tehy moved in on Friday night and I had them gone by Saturday night.  Now I have to make a daily drive on my  ATV around the entire perimeter of my property to make sure they haven't returned or others have shown up.  I have No Trespassing signed posted every 100 yards but they don't seem to do much good.  I even have them in English and Spanish.  

No doubt things are going to heat up even more as we get closer to the November election.  This country is in for some turbulent times without a doubt.
2-6 10:19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-5 05:43
Things like quality of life, jobs, culture and govt. greed change the living landscape. NYC is getting ridiculous. It's become a sanctuary city, all of our aid is going to people whoare here illegally, crime rates are rising and the city is falling apart. The good people in the area are leaving in droves but they are being replaced for people looking for free opportunity. I don't see the end result as good, but we will see.

I tried to reply but it appears the "you can't say that" algorithm didn't like my verbiage.  Anyway, this country is in a real mess for sure and only getting worse.
2-6 10:56
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5166270 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 10:56
I tried to reply but it appears the "you can't say that" algorithm didn't like my verbiage.  Anyway, this country is in a real mess for sure and only getting worse.

That's sad that they don't stop spam but they do stop politics.
2-6 15:43
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-6 15:43
That's sad that they don't stop spam but they do stop politics.

I think they could quickly stop most of the spam by making a DJI drone serial number mandatory when registering for a DJI account.  99.9% of the spammers are level 1 and probably don't even own a drone.
2-6 15:52
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 15:52
I think they could quickly stop most of the spam by making a DJI drone serial number mandatory when registering for a DJI account.  99.9% of the spammers are level 1 and probably don't even own a drone.

That's a great idea, but they probably want potential new owners to chat and get sold on the product. I am a member of other chats where I don't own their brand to see if I want to. It would stop most of the spam though.
2-6 17:25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-6 17:25
That's a great idea, but they probably want potential new owners to chat and get sold on the product. I am a member of other chats where I don't own their brand to see if I want to. It would stop most of the spam though.

Yeah, it was just an idea but I could see where it would be a drawback.  It would be interesting to see how the MavicForums are able to avoid any spammers.  
2-7 04:18
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-7 04:18
Yeah, it was just an idea but I could see where it would be a drawback.  It would be interesting to see how the MavicForums are able to avoid any spammers.

We do gat a few but im sure there are many more that dont get through.
2-7 05:10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-7 05:10
We do gat a few but im sure there are many more that dont get through.

I wonder if some of these spammers are one in the same and just keep coming back under a new email address.  
2-8 10:38
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 10:38
I wonder if some of these spammers are one in the same and just keep coming back under a new email address.

Probably many keep trying to get through with bots. It's most likely an automated process.
2-8 14:46
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-8 14:46
Probably many keep trying to get through with bots. It's most likely an automated process.

It reminds me of that game Wack A Mole.  You bop one spammer on the head and another pops up on the forum.  
2-8 14:53
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 14:53
It reminds me of that game Wack A Mole.  You bop one spammer on the head and another pops up on the forum.

It's the same on all the social media too.
2-8 14:55
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-8 14:55
It's the same on all the social media too.

I didn't know that as I rarely frequent other social media sites.
2-8 15:20
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 15:20
I didn't know that as I rarely frequent other social media sites.

I post on Facebook and Instagram every day to promote the business.
2-9 04:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-9 04:59
I post on Facebook and Instagram every day to promote the business.

From a business perspective that would be needed.  
2-9 13:35
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-9 13:35
From a business perspective that would be needed.

It's a necessary evil.
2-9 18:37
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-9 18:37
It's a necessary evil.

One of my grandkids got sick at school the other day and I had to go pick him up as both parents were in mandatory meetings.  After I picked him up and as we were leaving the lunch bell rang.  Most of the kids in the hallway had their phones out checking them.  My grandson told me they weren't checking their phones but texting each other.  However, when he added that many are texting each other as they walked side by side in the hallway I quickly got a frown on my face.  I thought that was strange...why not talk to each other?  
2-10 04:56
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-10 04:56
One of my grandkids got sick at school the other day and I had to go pick him up as both parents were in mandatory meetings.  After I picked him up and as we were leaving the lunch bell rang.  Most of the kids in the hallway had their phones out checking them.  My grandson told me they weren't checking their phones but texting each other.  However, when he added that many are texting each other as they walked side by side in the hallway I quickly got a frown on my face.  I thought that was strange...why not talk to each other?

Speaking isn't the preferred communication any more.
2-10 05:28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-10 05:28
Speaking isn't the preferred communication any more.

I agree with you on that.  I just find it totally odd that two people walking side by side have to communicate via text.  Oh well, I guess it is a by-product of technological advances that has brought this on.  

I was at the Department of Motor Vehicles registering my new truck last week and the lady asked if I wanted to pay by check or credit card.  She told me there was a 10% fee for using a credit card. The teenager behind me said he'd being paying with a credit card as he didn't even know how to write a check.  Now that's sad.
2-10 06:40
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-10 06:40
I agree with you on that.  I just find it totally odd that two people walking side by side have to communicate via text.  Oh well, I guess it is a by-product of technological advances that has brought this on.  

I was at the Department of Motor Vehicles registering my new truck last week and the lady asked if I wanted to pay by check or credit card.  She told me there was a 10% fee for using a credit card. The teenager behind me said he'd being paying with a credit card as he didn't even know how to write a check.  Now that's sad.

That is sad but where does motor vehicle get off charging 10% for credit cards? What a racket.
2-10 12:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-10 12:39
That is sad but where does motor vehicle get off charging 10% for credit cards? What a racket.

Many local companies have started charging for using credit cards.  I'm not sure it is exactly legal.  Maybe I need to look into that.  I have a friend in the State Consumer's Division so I'll run it by him.  
2-11 13:41
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-11 13:41
Many local companies have started charging for using credit cards.  I'm not sure it is exactly legal.  Maybe I need to look into that.  I have a friend in the State Consumer's Division so I'll run it by him.

Usually the rates are 3.5 to 4%. The cost is about 2.3 nd 25 cents to 2.75 and 30 cents.. I used to sell merchant services too.
2-11 14:08
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-11 14:08
Usually the rates are 3.5 to 4%. The cost is about 2.3 nd 25 cents to 2.75 and 30 cents.. I used to sell merchant services too.

So it seems the state agency is tacking on 6 to 6.5%.  
2-11 14:12
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-11 14:12
So it seems the state agency is tacking on 6 to 6.5%.

That's what doesn't make sense.
2-11 14:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-11 14:23
That's what doesn't make sense.

Seems the state is trying to make some extra money off all credit card usages.  It would be one thing to pass along the actual fees they are being charged but to tack on seems an abuse to me.  Time to elect some new state officials.
2-12 03:01
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-12 03:01
Seems the state is trying to make some extra money off all credit card usages.  It would be one thing to pass along the actual fees they are being charged but to tack on seems an abuse to me.  Time to elect some new state officials.

That's how it started. But  it seems like the Gov't is desperately trying to make their money back from COVID. Everything is out of hand lately.
2-12 05:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-12 05:16
That's how it started. But  it seems like the Gov't is desperately trying to make their money back from COVID. Everything is out of hand lately.

Couldn't agree with you more on that last item.  
2-12 09:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules