New DJI mini 3 drone is not charging
690 7 2023-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wietske
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi,

Can someone please help me. I have a brand new DJI Mini 3 Pro and everytime I try to charge the battery, all 4 led lights blink 3 times per second. I have use the DJI cable. When I google this, it says that the battery could be damaged and some others say it has to do with overheating. However, the drone is cold and not hot at all and has never been used. What is best to do?

Many thanks
2023-12-25
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279692 ft
Canada

The manual indicates the following " The four LEDs blinking simultaneously indicates the battery is damage".
From my perspective, more than likely one or more of the cells have self discharged itself below the minimum safe charging voltage.
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please provide us with a short video showing the issue so we can clarify and provide you with an accurate resolution. You may upload the video via Google Drive or YouTube then send the link here. We will wait for your response. Thank you.
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. If all the LED status indicator blinks thrice per second, it means the battery is damaged. I'm afraid you need to return it to DJI for inspection. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-25
Use props
Wietske
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 22:15
Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. If all the LED status indicator blinks thrice per second, it means the battery is damaged. I'm afraid you need to return it to DJI for inspection. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your quick reply Tony. Aaah that really sucks. I never used it. I am currently in the Netherlands for Christmas and was supposed to film some things here, but I guess I now have to wait until I am back in the UK. It doesn't matter if I sent it two weeks later right? DJI can see I have never used it. No flights are registered.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Wietske Posted at 12-26 05:29
Thank you for your quick reply Tony. Aaah that really sucks. I never used it. I am currently in the Netherlands for Christmas and was supposed to film some things here, but I guess I now have to wait until I am back in the UK. It doesn't matter if I sent it two weeks later right? DJI can see I have never used it. No flights are registered.

Hi, Wietske. If it was bought from the DJI Store online and you want a replacement, you can request it within 15 calendar days of receiving the product. Or, you can submit a repair request to get it fixed. You can contact the DJI Supports to assist you. Have a nice day.
2023-12-27
Use props
TrippleDelta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2228182 ft
Belgium

I just had the same problem. Battery wouldn't charge. This problem resolved itself and never came back since many months later.
2023-12-27
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279692 ft
Canada

If you still have the battery, can you insert into the unit, then power up your controller followed by the drone. I've included a video link to show you how to access battery info. What are both cell voltages being displayed? The difference between both and how low is important.

2023-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules