Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How safe is "Optimal" RTH?
547 3 2023-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Hey,
Recently, I got the Air 3 and have seen that the default option for RTH is Optimal, which finds the shortest path to you and flies it, even if it means flying around obstacles.

I agree that that's great for flight time, but it is just asking for trouble. What if there are wires in the area or other thin objects?
Dear DJI, I propose this solution:
Add another slider to the Safety page which will set the Minimum RTH Altitude that the drone rises to before attempting to do Optimal RTH back to you. While you're using Preset RTH, the slider should set simply the RTH Altitude and nothing more, but while the drone is set to Optimal RTH mode, there should be a Minimum RTH Altitude as well.

Today I was flying in a harbor with my new Air 3 and guess what, I lost signal, the drone started returning to me but when I regained signal and control I saw that it was flying very close to the yachts' masts. I immediately stopped RTH and went to a higher altitude. I should note that my RTH height was set to 50m. But the drone was returning to me at an altitude of 20 meters.
2023-12-25
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Just use STANDARD RTH !
2023-12-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_jRG8FFLF28JL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8079705 ft
Canada

Yeah I agree it should raise to a preset
Height then find the way home because some times rely on obstacles avoidance to do a perfect job is to much
To ask for at this point,  please dji as stated in the msg add
A safety height we can control or just go off the preset
Option height
4-9 05:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules