P3 Adv Compass Issue After Firmware V01.04.0010 Update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarrenDCClark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hoping someone might help or wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

Have been flying many hours without any issues. Last night upgraded firmware to V01.04.0010 and now I cannot get the compass to calibrate. Getting an excessive electromagnetic interference error each time. Have tried it in the middle on nowhere with no metal near me, no cars, keys, iPhone, re-bar etc etc and the TX feet away and still the same error. Was mightily peeved to discover this issue after driving miles into nowhere to fly and get this error. Have done an IMU calibration and still the same error. Wishing I hadn't upgraded the Firmware now. Any one any thoughts. Have a new compas on order but can't see why that would be the issue after just a firmware upgrade... Anyone out there any tips or ideas...
2015-9-8
Use props
FLDJF713
New

United States

Same here. Did an IMU calibration after the new firmware and the compass went nuts.
2015-9-8
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

very odd, have you tried resetting all of the craft and camera settings ?

Can you post your Mod Values when out in the field ?

if IMU and compass calibration failed and there is absolutely no metal around then try downgrading to fw 1.320 and see how it behaves then
2015-9-8
Use props
DarrenDCClark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Mod Values are around 500 for the Compass, pretty much the same in the garden as when I was out in the field.

Downgraded it to 1.3.2 and no change, still the same compass problem.
2015-9-8
Use props
DarrenDCClark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

There must be someone out there with an idea. From what i've read on here about customer support I can't imagine DJI rushing to help. Spent almost 8 hours yesterday trying to get it to work trying everything I could find on there internet.
2015-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules