MINI 4 PRO SENSOR CONSTANT BEEPING
855 10 2023-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xian_03
lvl.1

Philippines

Even without obstacles around, the sensor keeps beeping loudly sensing an obstacle on the left side. It messes with my Normal mode flights causing the drone to annoyingly stop again and again going at the left direction. The only way to stop the beeping is to turn the obstacle avoidance off. But with it off, the sensor still has red and orange marks on the left side. I've also read that turning obstacle avoidance off is not advisable.

There is a YouTube video to fix this issue for the Mavic 2, but there is no feature to fix the calibration of Mini 4 Pro. Should I just bring it to a DJI Service Center and possibly have a new sensor installed?
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for your issue. Please confirm if you have any third-party accessories attached to the drone that cover the sensor, if yes, please remove them.
Please also note that if there is strong light or if the drone is flying toward the sun/strong light, the obstacle avoidance may detect it as an obstacle.
You may try to refresh the firmware for the drone and check again.
If the error persists, or if the drone experienced an accident previously, you may need to send the drone for service.
If you are located in the Philippines, you may contact the local authorized repair center for further assistance. Link to check the local ASC: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2023-12-26
Use props
djiuser_mCJWmbDOdT1c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 932 ft

South Korea

Was any fix for this identified? I have the same issue but for the right side sensors. Whenever the drone is still it beeps - not an issue when in motion, but the moment I stop - it beeps again.

What should I do? I am currently located in South Korea
4-12 01:01
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_mCJWmbDOdT1c Posted at 4-12 01:01
Was any fix for this identified? I have the same issue but for the right side sensors. Whenever the drone is still it beeps - not an issue when in motion, but the moment I stop - it beeps again.

What should I do? I am currently located in South Korea

Hi there, may I ask if you've tried the troubleshooting above? Could you please provide us with a screenshot to check it further?
4-12 01:12
Use props
djiuser_mCJWmbDOdT1c
lvl.1

South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-12 01:12
Hi there, may I ask if you've tried the troubleshooting above? Could you please provide us with a screenshot to check it further?
Yes I updated the firmware again and recalibrated the IMU and compass. No change. The app is not letting me attach photos. The image below is when the Mini 4 Pro is airborne but stationary. When I move the drone (both vertically or horizontally) the sensors stop reacting. Whenever I halt movement, the right side continues to react and beep loudly. There were no obstacles nearby for the entirety of the flight.
4-12 17:22
Use props
djiuser_mCJWmbDOdT1c
lvl.1

South Korea

4-12 19:22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_mCJWmbDOdT1c Posted at 4-12 17:22
Yes I updated the firmware again and recalibrated the IMU and compass. No change. The app is not letting me attach photos. The image below is when the Mini 4 Pro is airborne but stationary. When I move the drone (both vertically or horizontally) the sensors stop reacting. Whenever I halt movement, the right side continues to react and beep loudly. There were no obstacles nearby for the entirety of the flight.

May I ask if there is strong light emitting in the direction where a mistaken obstacle detection is reported? The picture is not displayed. You can upload the picture/video to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post the link here.
4-12 22:19
Use props
djiuser_mCJWmbDOdT1c
lvl.1

South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-12 22:19
May I ask if there is strong light emitting in the direction where a mistaken obstacle detection is reported? The picture is not displayed. You can upload the picture/video to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post the link here.

Nope, no strong light in any direction - just clear skies.

It says I don’t have permission to upload any links so here is the url without the first portion -

drive.google.com/file/d/1szMoD2AECMo3f_XxKEj8aCjyAy_xR5NL
4-13 14:23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_mCJWmbDOdT1c Posted at 4-13 14:23
Nope, no strong light in any direction - just clear skies.

It says I don’t have permission to upload any links so here is the url without the first portion -

Will this prompt appear every time the aircraft hovers? And then if you move the aircraft, the prompt will disappear, right? Does this prompt appear in all environments? Could you please provide a screen recording and export the corresponding log for us to analyze further?
4-13 22:26
Use props
djiuser_mCJWmbDOdT1c
lvl.1

South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-13 22:26
Will this prompt appear every time the aircraft hovers? And then if you move the aircraft, the prompt will disappear, right? Does this prompt appear in all environments? Could you please provide a screen recording and export the corresponding log for us to analyze further?

Yes the red lines and beeping appear whenever the drone is in the air EXCEPT for when I am actively moving/driving it. I will attempt to get a screen recording on my next free day - but is there any other way that I can get it checked out? At this point I think it is clearly a malfunctioning device.
4-14 03:02
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_mCJWmbDOdT1c Posted at 4-14 03:02
Yes the red lines and beeping appear whenever the drone is in the air EXCEPT for when I am actively moving/driving it. I will attempt to get a screen recording on my next free day - but is there any other way that I can get it checked out? At this point I think it is clearly a malfunctioning device.

Hi, there. We're very sorry to hear about your feedback. You could complete the online repair request on our official website and return it for further diagnosis. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/index Note: Data analysis needs to be submitted, and it is necessary to confirm whether there has been any collision.
4-14 19:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules