Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 07:25
I did a mapping mission on a construction project the other day. I have video of the takeoff and landing and a little of the construction that was happening but I forget to hit record for a 5 minute POI and all the video of the boundaries of the property because i shot some photos in between. I'm thankful they didn't notice anything missing or I would have had to re-fly it.

Sounds like you lucked out on that job by not having to re-fly it.  It is so easy when switching between photo and video to forget to restart shooting on the video.  I do like you idea of having an audible notification.  
1-1 07:36
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5231283 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 07:36
Sounds like you lucked out on that job by not having to re-fly it.  It is so easy when switching between photo and video to forget to restart shooting on the video.  I do like you idea of having an audible notification.

Well, Maybe DJI is listening and will put it on the todo list. I think it would be helpful. My Visual observer was on vacation. She always asks me if I'm recording which helps. She has save my but a few times.
1-1 07:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 07:39
Well, Maybe DJI is listening and will put it on the todo list. I think it would be helpful. My Visual observer was on vacation. She always asks me if I'm recording which helps. She has save my but a few times.

You go to love the observers.  
1-1 07:45
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 07:45
You go to love the observers.

She works for me. She got her part 107 license and comes with me to the commercial shoots to keep an eye on people, the drone and aircraft in restricted airspace. It lets me concentrate on getting the shots. It's worth it If you miss one thing. She is developing a good eye for it.
1-1 07:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 07:47
She works for me. She got her part 107 license and comes with me to the commercial shoots to keep an eye on people, the drone and aircraft in restricted airspace. It lets me concentrate on getting the shots. It's worth it If you miss one thing. She is developing a good eye for it.

Sounds like you found a good observer, especially since she is licensed.  Sometimes good help is hard to find so hang on to her.  
1-1 07:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 07:55
Sounds like you found a good observer, especially since she is licensed.  Sometimes good help is hard to find so hang on to her.

She is my web developer. A year ago. A realtor asked me to fly drones for her because I was a photographer for years. When I told her I didn't have the time she bought me the part 107 course and an Air 2. Then she bought my web developer the same course so we could fly for her. That's what got both of us started. She would rather be flying than working on websites and that's the goal. To build the drone business.
1-1 08:01
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 08:01
She is my web developer. A year ago. A realtor asked me to fly drones for her because I was a photographer for years. When I told her I didn't have the time she bought me the part 107 course and an Air 2. Then she bought my web developer the same course so we could fly for her. That's what got both of us started. She would rather be flying than working on websites and that's the goal. To build the drone business.

Wow, that's quite the interesting story as to how you got your start in the drone business.
1-1 08:10
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 08:10
Wow, that's quite the interesting story as to how you got your start in the drone business.

I always wanted to fly drones but I just opened a photo studio when she asked me. I used to photograph the indoor real estate and 3D tours. opportunity doesn't always knock at the perfect time. I'm glad I did it. It's another reason to get up in the morning. I love this.
1-1 08:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 08:16
I always wanted to fly drones but I just opened a photo studio when she asked me. I used to photograph the indoor real estate and 3D tours. opportunity doesn't always knock at the perfect time. I'm glad I did it. It's another reason to get up in the morning. I love this.

Sounds like you have a real passion for it.  
1-1 08:44
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 08:44
Sounds like you have a real passion for it.

Everybody has to have something. Sounls like yours is Scuba diving.
1-1 09:12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 09:12
Everybody has to have something. Sounls like yours is Scuba diving.

Right now I'd say it's about 55% scuba diving and 45% pistol marksmanship.  Both give me a great way to get rid of any stress and I do enjoy doing both.  
1-1 09:54
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 09:54
Right now I'd say it's about 55% scuba diving and 45% pistol marksmanship.  Both give me a great way to get rid of any stress and I do enjoy doing both.

Two great hobbies. Are you on forums in those areas too?
1-1 09:57
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 09:57
Two great hobbies. Are you on forums in those areas too?

I check out a FB group on scuba diving but none on pistol shooting.  
1-1 10:00
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice pano
2-3 07:57
Use props
DAFlys
Captain