544 21 2023-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mica501
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102835 ft
Dominican Republic

Hi all,
I am currently on holiday and just wanted to use my drone, however after take off image start shaking very hard.
Even after landing shaking continues for about 5 seconds, I also hear a small buzzing sound on the drone.

Tried calibrating.
Weather is hot, and sunny.

I crashed the drone some months ago, changed rotor blades and test flying without seeing the image issue.

I will attach short video.

Hopefully somebody can help me to solve this while still on holiday.

Greetz
Michael
2023-12-27
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279692 ft
Canada

Have you confirmed that you have no beach sand/dust within gimbal actuators? With no power applied are you feeling any binding or grittiness as you manually move the gimbal, do this over a white tissue to see if any dirt is falling out from gimbal.

2023-12-27
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Canada

Rej Posted at 12-27 13:47
Have you confirmed that you have no beach sand/dust within gimbal actuators? With no power applied are you feeling any binding or grittiness as you manually move the gimbal, do this over a white tissue to see if any dirt is falling out from gimbal.

Is it doing the shaking at all gimbal angles (vertical & straight down) or only around centred position?
2023-12-27
Use props
Mica501
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Rej Posted at 12-27 13:47

Hi, thank you for your reply.
Yes no sand blocking gumball.
Before taking-off when I put the drone in the air with my hand and move it around the image is perfect and the gumball moves easily and image is steady.
Only happens after take off.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
2023-12-27
Use props
Mica501
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Rej Posted at 12-27 13:53
Is it doing the shaking at all gimbal angles (vertical & straight down) or only around centred position?

At both positions. Just tested centered and then completely viewing downward. Keeps shaking.
2023-12-27
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Canada

Mica501 Posted at 12-27 14:02
Hi, thank you for your reply.
Yes no sand blocking gumball.
Before taking-off when I put the drone in the air with my hand and move it around the image is perfect and the gumball moves easily and image is steady.

From your description it would appear that you have a bad motor/prop vibrations, if the video is normal when the motors are not spinning. Or possibly you have a very tiny hairline crack that got worst on one of your gimbal motor actuating arms from your previous mentioned crash that is causing the gimbal to now have centering issues when under flight loads.
2023-12-27
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Canada

Rej Posted at 12-27 18:06
From your description it would appear that you have a bad motor/prop vibrations, if the video is normal when the motors are not spinning. Or possibly you have a very tiny hairline crack that got worst on one of your gimbal motor actuating arms from your previous mentioned crash that is causing the gimbal to now have centering issues when under flight loads.

Here is an example of a gimbal crack, if you google around other folks have had wavy video as a result of tiny cracks on the gimbal arms.
2023-12-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps a dodgy prop,  check each one for any damage and replace.
2023-12-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble. Since the unit experienced a crash before, this might be the main cause of the issue. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for a prop issue.
2023-12-28
Use props
Mica501
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Bashy Posted at 12-27 19:18
Perhaps a dodgy prop,  check each one for any damage and replace.

Hi,

When landed. Propellers shut down, image keeps shaking for at least 5-7 seconds and there is a buzzing sound. So propellers off and image shaking.
Changed propellers alteady. Will do another check later.

Thanks all for your replies.
2023-12-28
Use props
Mica501
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

See attached pictures.
I cannot see an issue with props.
But maybe I am missing a cover in front of the camera?

2023-12-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats deffo taken a knock, youve clipped sommat and ended up on its @ss, some of those props have damage to them, 2nd image and 4th image for sure and its left a mark on the top shell and as you say, youre missing the lens cover/cowling.

You need to get a replacement lens cover and i would be inclined to replace at least 2 pairs of props, make sure they are the correct props for each corner
2023-12-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you get this solved?
Imbalanced props can cause that for sure.
2-3 07:54
Use props
kiet huynh
New
Flight distance : 298189 ft
Vietnam

I'm having the same problem (vibration like we see through water) from February until now, the machine doesn't crash. At first I thought it was due to low light shooting at night, but now the shaky videos are unusable
3-28 10:19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

kiet huynh Posted at 3-28 10:19
I'm having the same problem (vibration like we see through water) from February until now, the machine doesn't crash. At first I thought it was due to low light shooting at night, but now the shaky videos are unusable

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please upload the original video file via Google Drive and then send the link here so we can check the footage further? Rest assured that we will respond to you once we review the video. Please keep us posted.
3-29 21:00
Use props
Mica501
lvl.1
Belgium

I havent be able to solve this yet.
Orderee new rotorblades, will try that and see of that works.
If not will send it to DJI
3-30 06:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mica501 Posted at 3-30 06:24
I havent be able to solve this yet.
Orderee new rotorblades, will try that and see of that works.
If not will send it to DJI

Hi. I hope it gets resolved after replacing the propellers. However, for flight safety, we highly suggest sending it back to DJI for further checking. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Please feel free to keep us posted if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.
3-31 03:37
Use props
kiet huynh
New
Flight distance : 298189 ft
Vietnam

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-29 21:00
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please upload the original video file via Google Drive and then send the link here so we can check the footage further? Rest assured that we will respond to you once we review the video. Please keep us posted.

I can't add links from drive to comments or videos or photos
4-1 06:25
Use props
djiuser_kuaydO0nAbpN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202982 ft

Switzerland

Standard Batterie or Batterie plus?
4-2 03:56
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

kiet huynh Posted at 4-1 06:25
I can't add links from drive to comments or videos or photos

Please send us the link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation.
4-4 00:03
Use props
Mica501
lvl.1
Belgium

Just changed all rotorblades. Sarted the drone. Got in the air, worked fine for 30 seconds and then same issue.
Can you plezse let me know how I can send my drone to DJI for checkup/repair?
Thanks
4-30 23:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules