Bulgaria

2023-12-27
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Crazy. Something similar happened to me once when I didn't have GPS. Did you? Any reason for the attempt?
2023-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice skilful flying until the drone lost connection.
2023-12-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh Darn !  At least you got the drone back.
2023-12-28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Depp Posted at 12-27 22:37
Crazy. Something similar happened to me once when I didn't have GPS. Did you? Any reason for the attempt?

It's my 4-th time so I am pretty sure what's going on - when Avata starts losing sats she tries to stabilize using lower cameras and water fooled them so till now everything is normal, But the problem is sometimes she decided Not to listen to commands and fly by itself (see sticks in the clip) - always Back, Up and slight left till crashes into something - for 4 times 2 where OK slight touch and give me control back but 2 times it fell - once in the waterfall and I never saw it again (this one is Care refresh replacement) and this time got lucky and fell on the shore with only one prop smashed and because she landed on the other shore and because of missing prop I can't fly her again I need to cross the river getting wet   but after props replacement, she got 4-5 flights the same day
2023-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing location and a beautiful waterfall.    That is a very narrow and precarious path down to the waterfall.  Sorry to see the crash.  I bet it wasn't easy getting to where the drone was for retrieval.  
2023-12-28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-28 07:44
Amazing location and a beautiful waterfall.    That is a very narrow and precarious path down to the waterfall.  Sorry to see the crash.  I bet it wasn't easy getting to where the drone was for retrieval.

Not so hard but my feet get wet
2023-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 12-28 07:59
Not so hard but my feet get wet

Yeah, that's never good, especially if it is super cold outside.  
2023-12-28
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 12-28 06:30
It's my 4-th time so I am pretty sure what's going on - when Avata starts losing sats she tries to stabilize using lower cameras and water fooled them so till now everything is normal, But the problem is sometimes she decided Not to listen to commands and fly by itself (see sticks in the clip) - always Back, Up and slight left till crashes into something - for 4 times 2 where OK slight touch and give me control back but 2 times it fell - once in the waterfall and I never saw it again (this one is Care refresh replacement) and this time got lucky and fell on the shore with only one prop smashed and because she landed on the other shore and because of missing prop I can't fly her again I need to cross the river getting wet    but after props replacement, she got 4-5 flights the same day

Glad you got it back. I had the same thing of it not following my commands. Really annoying and frightening...
2023-12-28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-28 09:57
Yeah, that's never good, especially if it is super cold outside.

It's my second time in a river in Dec (last year was -14C when I fell in a mountain river  and continued my journey for the day as I did yesterday - no biggie (bare in mind I have my worm car in between walks not like being on Everest base camp   
2023-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 12-28 11:25
It's my second time in a river in Dec (last year was -14C when I fell in a mountain river  and continued my journey for the day as I did yesterday - no biggie  (bare in mind I have my worm car in between walks not like being on Everest base camp

As long as the car heater works well at least you have a spot to warm up in.  Just don't fall into too many rivers.  
2023-12-29
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-29 08:21
As long as the car heater works well at least you have a spot to warm up in.  Just don't fall into too many rivers.

Only one till now - this one I enter not falling
2023-12-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 12-29 08:56
Only one till now - this one I enter not falling

Okay, so you just waded right in.    Sometimes you just have to do what you do to recover the drone.  
2023-12-29
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-29 09:17
Okay, so you just waded right in.    Sometimes you just have to do what you do to recover the drone.

This spring I did not go into the river - was sure Avata fell in but checking other shore was an option I did not take (the river was a lot bigger and the waterfall below was some 30-40 m. high   so I regretfully scratched Avata off - now it was easier - I was seeing her and the river was shallow...
2023-12-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 12-29 10:24
This spring I did not go into the river - was sure Avata fell in but checking other shore was an option I did not take (the river was a lot bigger and the waterfall below was some 30-40 m. high   so I regretfully scratched Avata off - now it was easier - I was seeing her and the river was shallow...

Nice save of the Avata.  
2023-12-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sturdy little bird.
2-3 07:59
Use props
Advanced