Air 2S - Remote ID on DJI Fly app (Europe)
12Next >
3489 61 2023-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

Hey DJI,

Where is the option on the DJI FLy app to activate the remote ID in Europe???

The following route doesn't exist on the lastest version of the app:
    DJI Fly app > General settings (...) > Safety > Remote ID > UAS Remote ID Identification

Regards.
2023-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to look under the About tab and not Safety tab.  Scroll down and you'll see DJI Remote ID Serial Number.   If for some reason you don't see Remote ID Serial Number listed you can use the Flight Controller number or the Aircraft Serial Number.  In any case make sure you are on the latest version of the Fly App.
RID.jpg
RID2.jpg
2023-12-28
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-28 10:24
You need to look under the About tab and not Safety tab.  Scroll down and you'll see DJI Remote ID Serial Number.   If for some reason you don't see Remote ID Serial Number listed you can use the Flight Controller number or the Aircraft Serial Number.  In any case make sure you are on the latest version of the Fly App.

Thanks for the help, but that isn't what I am looking for.

This affects only eurpean users which have to insert their EASA Registration Number on the DJI FLy app in order to accomplish to the european regulation.
2023-12-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Try profile/device management/drone
2023-12-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-28 11:55
Try profile/device management/drone

The format of Remote ID US is modeled on Part 89 it seems to me, and does not include the remote pilot identifier.
The European format includes remote pilot id which is a unique digital registration number.

This is what our friend is looking for.
But if I'm not mistaken, the European remote ID is not yet implemented on Air 2s.
2023-12-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-28 12:23
The format of Remote ID US is modeled on Part 89 it seems to me, and does not include the remote pilot identifier.
The European format includes remote pilot id which is a unique digital registration number.

This support has been added to the Mavic series as of yesterday. Hopefully the rest will follow shortly.
2023-12-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-28 12:27
This support has been added to the Mavic series as of yesterday. Hopefully the rest will follow shortly.

Air 2s are you sure ?
2023-12-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-28 12:30
Air 2s are you sure ?

MAVIC series, NOT Air series.
2023-12-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-28 12:37
MAVIC series, NOT Air series.

1.JPG
2023-12-28
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-28 12:23
The format of Remote ID US is modeled on Part 89 it seems to me, and does not include the remote pilot identifier.

But if I'm not mistaken, the European remote ID is not yet implemented on Air 2s.

I also think that this is the reason of the problem
2023-12-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Fozando Posted at 12-28 12:42
But if I'm not mistaken, the European remote ID is not yet implemented on Air 2s.

It's even certain. The last update of the Air 2s was in December 2022. and in October 2022 it was for the implementation of the US R-ID.

Very probably this RID is not for right away, but rest assured, as a legacy drone, you do not need an R-ID to operate in Open. In specific scenario yes!
2023-12-28
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-28 12:53
It's even certain. The last update of the Air 2s was in December 2022. and in October 2022 it was for the implementation of the US R-ID.

Very probably this RID is not for right away, but rest assured, as a legacy drone, you do not need an R-ID to operate in Open. In specific scenario yes!

That's the problem.

I have been using the Air2S according to the standard scenarios of the specific cathegory of my country, not the european ones. It seems that I will have to adquire an external gadget...

Another reason to not adquire more DJI products in the future.
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, the DJI Air 2s does not support the EU Remote ID. Rest assured that DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. You may check our official website for the latest news and updates or check the release notes of the said product on our website. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-12-28
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-28 21:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, the DJI Air 2s does not support the EU Remote ID. Rest assured that DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. You may check our official website for the latest news and updates or check the release notes of the said product on our website. We appreciate your understanding and support.

American users can use the remote ID with the Air2S, so I will be looking fordward for a new firmware update that allows eropean users do the same thing.

Keep also waiting for the C1 label
2023-12-29
Use props
djiuser_2f21usFpi6EI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189265 ft
Germany

Think when Air2s geht  C1  will be new firmware   
2023-12-29
Use props
djiuser_2f21usFpi6EI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189265 ft
Germany

Fozando Posted at 12-28 12:42
But if I'm not mistaken, the European remote ID is not yet implemented on Air 2s.

say on facebook   from dji  DJI Air 2s in 2024 fliegen In C1/ saying  air2s getting C1 in jan 2024, we will wait and see  
2023-12-29
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

djiuser_2f21usFpi6EI Posted at 12-29 15:26
say on facebook   from dji  DJI Air 2s in 2024 fliegen In C1/ saying  air2s getting C1 in jan 2024, we will wait and see

Yeah, finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Fozando Posted at 2023-12-29 03:19
American users can use the remote ID with the Air2S, so I will be looking fordward for a new firmware update that allows eropean users do the same thing.

Thank you for your response. We highly recommend paying attention to our official website for the latest news and updates. I hope you have a wonderful day ahead!
1-1 04:56
Use props
djiuser_THNahIGbkrMH
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi i would like to take my dji air 2s to USA in march and i need remote id to register it... i just updated all of softwers and i still cannot find it, what i have to do with that? Is any solution? Gr Kamil
1-7 06:20
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

djiuser_THNahIGbkrMH Posted at 1-7 06:20
Hi i would like to take my dji air 2s to USA in march and i need remote id to register it... i just updated all of softwers and i still cannot find it, what i have to do with that? Is any solution? Gr Kamil

You have to wait until the end of January. I suppose that at that time they will give us a firmware update for the Air2S
1-7 07:15
Use props
djiuser_THNahIGbkrMH
lvl.1
Netherlands

Is there any official information when we get some software update to get remote id available on dji air 2s?
1-29 12:17
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

djiuser_THNahIGbkrMH Posted at 1-29 12:17
Is there any official information when we get some software update to get remote id available on dji air 2s?

March 2024
1-29 13:38
Use props
djiuser_Ang1oQSX3kOs
lvl.1

Spain

djiuser_2f21usFpi6EI Posted at 2023-12-29 15:26
say on facebook   from dji  DJI Air 2s in 2024 fliegen In C1/ saying  air2s getting C1 in jan 2024, we will wait and see

la identificacion remote id del air 2s se a tenido que retrasar hasta marzo por problemas
1-31 04:37
Use props
djiuser_Ang1oQSX3kOs
lvl.1

Spain

djiuser_THNahIGbkrMH Posted at 1-29 12:17
Is there any official information when we get some software update to get remote id available on dji air 2s?

se retraso hasta marzo
1-31 04:39
Use props
fans2fc1ae58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115574 ft
United States

Fozando Posted at 2023-12-29 03:19

Remote ID for the Air 2S is "baked in" for my US drone.  I need to be able to edit-in the remote ID, so i can enter a European-specific operator ID when flying in Europe.
2-4 13:45
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

fans2fc1ae58 Posted at 2-4 13:45
Remote ID for the Air 2S is "baked in" for my US drone.  I need to be able to edit-in the remote ID, so i can enter a European-specific operator ID when flying in Europe.

You have to register yourself as drone operator in the country of the UE where you are going to release the major part of your flights. I suppose that you are going to be able to introduce the European registration number without problem.
2-4 22:19
Use props
fans2fc1ae58
lvl.2
United States

Fozando Posted at 2-4 22:19
You have to register yourself as drone operator in the country of the UE where you are going to release the major part of your flights. I suppose that you are going to be able to introduce the European registration number without problem.

Yes, I can register as a drone operator in the EU, but there is no capability in the DJI app/controller to modify the Remote ID.  Maybe they'll update it along with the class.
2-5 09:47
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

fans2fc1ae58 Posted at 2-5 09:47
Yes, I can register as a drone operator in the EU, but there is no capability in the DJI app/controller to modify the Remote ID.  Maybe they'll update it along with the class.
I forgot to mention that until March 2024 the remote ID and the C1 labeling aren't going to be available for the Air2S in Europe.
A firmware update has to come at that moment.
2-5 10:20
Use props
fans2fc1ae58
lvl.2
United States

Fozando Posted at 2-5 10:20
I forgot to mention that until March 2024 the remote ID and the C1 labeling aren't going to be available for the Air2S in Europe.
A firmware update has to come at that moment.

That will be perfect.  Thank you for that info.
2-5 16:17
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

fans2fc1ae58 Posted at 2-5 16:17
That will be perfect.  Thank you for that info.

You are welcome
2-6 03:21
Use props
caesar14
lvl.2
Netherlands

March 2024is almost over
3-14 04:43
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

caesar14 Posted at 3-14 04:43
March 2024is almost over

DJI has 13 days to improve excellent excuses
3-18 09:01
Use props
eclipsek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221952 ft
Poland

No progress made, I guess I've bought an expensive piece of junk that can't legally fly in the EU. Truly a way to destroy your own reputation DJI.
3-29 07:26
Use props
caesar14
lvl.2
Netherlands

You are kidding. April 1st?
3-30 07:34
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

caesar14 Posted at 3-30 07:34
You are kidding. April 1st?

Hello there. We are currently cooperating with the relevant EU authorities regarding the DJI Air 2s, and the specific launch date depends on them. Rest assured we're working with them to get more information so you can get an update soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
3-30 20:31
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-30 20:31
Hello there. We are currently cooperating with the relevant EU authorities regarding the DJI Air 2s, and the specific launch date depends on them. Rest assured we're working with them to get more information so you can get an update soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Which is the meaning of soon for you?
4-1 23:03
Use props
caesar14
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-30 20:31
Hello there. We are currently cooperating with the relevant EU authorities regarding the DJI Air 2s, and the specific launch date depends on them. Rest assured we're working with them to get more information so you can get an update soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you.
We have to perform a air2s demonstration in Bruxelles.
4-2 01:23
Use props
Brunonounours
lvl.1
Flight distance : 457690 ft
France

Hello to all;

I also have the concern, my drone does not emit a remote identifier, I tested with the application "Drone scanner" which does not know.

Yet I have the latest version of the software APK that the latest firmware.

I go to the USA in June, but I can not find a remote ID for the FAA declaration. The serial numbers of the drone or the radio control do not exist in the FAA database. My serial number on my DJI AIR 2S drone bought in France does not

I find that DJ are not serious. It's unacceptable that we are not anyone at the price it is expensive

---------------------

Bonjour à tous;

J'ai également le souci, mon drone n'émet pas d'identifiant à distance , j'ai testé avec l'application "Drone scanner" qui ne le détecte pas.

J'ai pourtant la dernière version du logiciel APK ainsi que le dernier firmware.

Je dois me rendre au USA en juin, mais je ne trouve pas mon remote ID pour la déclaration FAA.  Lorsque je renseigne les numéros de séries du drone ou de la radiocommande, ce dernier n'existe pas dans la base de données de la FAA. Mon numéro de série de mon drone DJI AIR 2S acheté en France ne fonctionne donc pas

Je trouve que DJ ne sont pas sérieux. C'est inadmissible qu'on ne puisse pas le faire au prix qu'il coûte !!!
4-2 11:46
Use props
dproject
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829049 ft
Poland

Brunonounours Posted at 4-2 11:46
Hello to all;

I also have the concern, my drone does not emit a remote identifier, I tested with the application "Drone scanner" which does not know.

Hello. RID is another problem with the Air 2s right after certification. I don't know why I can't use my official number in Europe, but it works in the USA. This is another problem with this drone. I think DJI will kill the Air 2s and people will have to buy another new model to have peace of mind.
4-2 12:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Fozando Posted at 4-1 23:03
Which is the meaning of soon for you?

Thank you for your response. We understand how important this function is to you. Please note that we don't have any specific timeframe related to this inquiry. We will surely provide relevant updates as the launch date will depend on the EU authorities. We appreciate your understanding.
4-4 00:09
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules