622 6 2023-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guzziguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 717320 ft
  • >>>
Spain

It's really useful to be able to plan waypoint flights on the RC without the aircraft being connected, but the only drawback is that the best screen zoom is 350 metres across the screen and placing an accurate waypoint with a fat fingertip is very difficult! Is there any way to upload waypoint coordinates to the DJI RC so that I can plan waypoint flights 'offline' with accurate coordinates?
2023-12-30
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

You can import KMZ files to the Enterprise RC, never tried it on the consumer one, but this my work:

Import kmz files

This way you can do it in google earth
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about your feedback. Currently, the entire DJI Mavic 3 Series/DJI Air 3 does not support the import of KML flight routes. Rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded to our corresponding team for awareness. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-31
Use props
guzziguy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

Thanks for your responses - guess I'll just have to sharpen my fat fingertip until the capability to upload coords is included!
1-1 09:46
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't tried this myself but it sounds like what you're looking for. Of course, DJI can't make it easy with a simple "import KML" button on their consumer drones. Nah, that'd be too handy.

1-1 10:21
Use props
guzziguy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-1 10:21
I haven't tried this myself but it sounds like what you're looking for. Of course, DJI can't make it easy with a simple "import KML" button on their consumer drones. Nah, that'd be too handy.

https://youtu.be/rykqdTXFR8Y?si=qEto4kcxBuOp2Loz

That is AWESOME John - thanks so much. I shall try that and report back with results - thanks again
1-2 06:01
Use props
guzziguy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-1 10:21
I haven't tried this myself but it sounds like what you're looking for. Of course, DJI can't make it easy with a simple "import KML" button on their consumer drones. Nah, that'd be too handy.

https://youtu.be/rykqdTXFR8Y?si=qEto4kcxBuOp2Loz

Having watched the video I can't follow what the guy is saying - the maze of files and folders are bewildering and he shoots through them without any real indication of where he's going. That is further aggravated by DJI's ridiculous interface which has no obvious way of going back one step.
I used to fly Royal Navy helicopters - that was far easier than understanding DJI's logic. It's a great shame because this method obviously works, but I just can't follow the incredibly tortuous details. Guess the old fat finger will have to suffice!
1-2 12:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules