471 36 2023-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5018169 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying inside. Air 2S works great with tricky lighting. Remember Air Hockey?

Sequence 01.00_01_42_07.Still003.jpg
2023-12-31
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

WOuldn't want to use an Air 2S for hockey ;-) Happy new year!
2023-12-31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 12-31 06:10
WOuldn't want to use an Air 2S for hockey ;-) Happy new year!

Happy New Year!
2023-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot Charlie.    Were you in Atti mode while taking this shot?
2023-12-31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-31 06:27
Great shot Charlie.    Were you in Atti mode while taking this shot?

Yes, no satellites in a metal building. It's kind of fun to slide around in a big building.
2023-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-31 06:32
Yes, no satellites in a metal building. It's kind of fun to slide around in a big building.

You are much braver than me.  I get a bit stressed when I try to fly in Atti mode.  Guess I'm just a bit of a control freak in that respect.  
2023-12-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gosh,   Ive not played that for year,    an old friend refused to play with me as he didnt like how hard I hit the puck.
2023-12-31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-31 07:30
Gosh,   Ive not played that for year,    an old friend refused to play with me as he didnt like how hard I hit the puck.

It was a fun game. I'm glad to see the younger generation enjoying it now.
2023-12-31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-31 07:21
You are much braver than me.  I get a bit stressed when I try to fly in Atti mode.  Guess I'm just a bit of a control freak in that respect.

I put it in tripod mode and move slower. I flew with propeller guards too. Even if you hit a wall there is no damage. For $20 the propeller guards add confidence.
2023-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 12-31 07:34
I put it in tripod mode and move slower. I flew with propeller guards too. Even if you hit a wall there is no damage. For $20 the propeller guards add confidence.

I guess I need to get a set of prop guards for my Air 2S or Air 3.  I have a set on my original Mini and they saved the props many times while learning to fly in a large warehouse.  
2023-12-31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-31 14:57
I guess I need to get a set of prop guards for my Air 2S or Air 3.  I have a set on my original Mini and they saved the props many times while learning to fly in a large warehouse.

Don't let it psych you. Flying indoors is easy don't fly close to the walls or ceiling. As you go closer to the walls or ceiling the draft pulls you closer to them and you don't have gps to keep you in place.In the open everything is the same just a little more slippery. It's actually fun to practice in the house.

If you have a small starter toy drone fly it in the house. I started with a $100 snaptain with propgards.
2023-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2023-12-31 16:20
Don't let it psych you. Flying indoors is easy don't fly close to the walls or ceiling. As you go closer to the walls or ceiling the draft pulls you closer to them and you don't have gps to keep you in place.In the open everything is the same just a little more slippery. It's actually fun to practice in the house.

If you have a small starter toy drone fly it in the house. I started with a $100 snaptain with propgards.

Only problem with flying in a house for me is I live on a large boat that has 7 foot ceilings.  I do have access to a warehouse that I can fly in on the weekends so I may have to get out the old original Mini and put on the prop guards and give that a whirl.  Will also give me something to do on rainy weekends when I can't fly outdoors.
1-1 04:49
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 04:49
Only problem with flying in a house for me is I live on a large boat that has 7 foot ceilings.  I do have access to a warehouse that I can fly in on the weekends so I may have to get out the old original Mini and put on the prop guards and give that a whirl.  Will also give me something to do on rainy weekends when I can't fly outdoors.

It will hone your skills and give yousomething to do when you can't fly outside.

1-1 05:24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 05:24
It will hone your skills and give yousomething to do when you can't fly outside.

You've motivated me to get in touch with my buddy to use his warehouse on the weekends again.  Now I just have to charge up the Mini batteries and make sure everything is updated as it hasn't been flown in almost a year.  My grandson flew it last and I'm sure that has been that long.  After he flew it well I upgraded him to a Mini 3 Pro.  Of course, now after flying my Air 3 he really wants another upgrade.    This particular grandson is due to graduate in May with both a High School diploma and his Associate's Degree.  He's #3 in a class off 450 students so he is excelling quite well.  Maybe an Air 3 as a graduation present is in store.  
1-1 06:04
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 06:04
You've motivated me to get in touch with my buddy to use his warehouse on the weekends again.  Now I just have to charge up the Mini batteries and make sure everything is updated as it hasn't been flown in almost a year.  My grandson flew it last and I'm sure that has been that long.  After he flew it well I upgraded him to a Mini 3 Pro.  Of course, now after flying my Air 3 he really wants another upgrade.    This particular grandson is due to graduate in May with both a High School diploma and his Associate's Degree.  He's #3 in a class off 450 students so he is excelling quite well.  Maybe an Air 3 as a graduation present is in store.

You must be very proud. Nice accomplishments.  I am looking for an upgrade. Kind of waiting to see what's coming up. When Iook at  the footage I just don't know if it's a need or a want.
1-1 06:48
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 06:48
You must be very proud. Nice accomplishments.  I am looking for an upgrade. Kind of waiting to see what's coming up. When Iook at  the footage I just don't know if it's a need or a want.

He's a great kid.  Works hard in school and gets good grades but still finds time for a part time job to save up money for expenses at college.  He has been offered 2 full ride scholarships already but his problem is he is a bit undecided on what career to choose.  He wants to be either a Veterinarian or Marine Biologist.  He did an unpaid internship his sophomore summer at a Vet Hospital and then another internship at Sea World.  My only advice to him was to make sure that whichever one he chooses makes him happy and that he has a passion for.  His school counselor is pushing the Marine Biology field but he has always had a thing for helping animals and really enjoyed his internship at the Vet Hospital.  Guess we will see when he finally decides.  
1-1 06:57
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 06:48

Yeah, I think I'd wait to see what the Air 4 offers.  No doubt it will have even better functionalities and with the speed that DJI is pumping out drones it should be released by early this summer.  
1-1 06:59
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 06:57
He's a great kid.  Works hard in school and gets good grades but still finds time for a part time job to save up money for expenses at college.  He has been offered 2 full ride scholarships already but his problem is he is a bit undecided on what career to choose.  He wants to be either a Veterinarian or Marine Biologist.  He did an unpaid internship his sophomore summer at a Vet Hospital and then another internship at Sea World.  My only advice to him was to make sure that whichever one he chooses makes him happy and that he has a passion for.  His school counselor is pushing the Marine Biology field but he has always had a thing for helping animals and really enjoyed his internship at the Vet Hospital.  Guess we will see when he finally decides.

They are both great fields to be in. Sounds promising.
1-1 07:00
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 07:00
They are both great fields to be in. Sounds promising.

No doubt either would be a great field.  I'm kind of hoping he chooses Veterinarian but I'm not going to tell him that as I don't desire to sway his decision.  A couple of years back he asked me about what being a lawyer was like.  Didn't take him long to decide that was not for him.  

He dives with me often which keeps his interest in Marine Biology so now that I think about it either field would probably suit him well.
1-1 07:10
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 07:10
No doubt either would be a great field.  I'm kind of hoping he chooses Veterinarian but I'm not going to tell him that as I don't desire to sway his decision.  A couple of years back he asked me about what being a lawyer was like.  Didn't take him long to decide that was not for him.  

He dives with me often which keeps his interest in Marine Biology so now that I think about it either field would probably suit him well.

I used to train race horses. While the Veterinarians  did very well. It's hard work with unpredictable hours unless you have a pet practice. It's rewarding and noble. I would think Marine Biology requires a lot of travel. with lots of reward too It depends what he likes. Like you I try not to impart any opinions because we can easily change the outcome of their decisions.  Either choice is great.
1-1 07:18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 07:18
I used to train race horses. While the Veterinarians  did very well. It's hard work with unpredictable hours unless you have a pet practice. It's rewarding and noble. I would think Marine Biology requires a lot of travel. with lots of reward too It depends what he likes. Like you I try not to impart any opinions because we can easily change the outcome of their decisions.  Either choice is great.

Yeah, at the Vet Hospital all the animals were brought in and treated and or kept for observation.  So he got used to it being all work in one building.  
1-1 07:28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My word that's a blast from the past
1-1 10:04
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-1 10:04
My word that's a blast from the past

It was a simple and fun game. I remember knock hockey before air hockey. Just a framed board with two sticks. No electronics or air.
1-1 10:11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 10:11
It was a simple and fun game. I remember knock hockey before air hockey. Just a framed board with two sticks. No electronics or air.

That's really Retro
1-1 10:32
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-1 10:32
That's really Retro

We used to have hours of fun knocking that wooden disc around in summer camp when I was a kid.
1-1 10:53
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-1 10:53
We used to have hours of fun knocking that wooden disc around in summer camp when I was a kid.

Happy Days.  Where's the Fonz?   
1-1 11:13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Nice picture, did it demand a lot of attention to fly indoors? I do remember those air hockey games, have played some occasionally. They are a nice addition to an arcade and give some nice variance among the video games and the pinball machines.
1-3 15:26
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 1-3 15:26
Nice picture, did it demand a lot of attention to fly indoors? I do remember those air hockey games, have played some occasionally. They are a nice addition to an arcade and give some nice variance among the video games and the pinball machines.

I like flying indoors. It's a little more slippery without GPS. I started with a toy drone in the house with propeller guards.  I just used POI on the drone and and pushed the left stick forward slowly for the air hockey game. This was in an Urban Air trampoline park with lots of games.  It was a fun shoot for a commercial. I don't want to break the rules on the forum by showing the brand on the video we shot. It was a grand opening .
1-3 17:53
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice indoor shot!
2-5 23:21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you. It was taken with a drone while doing the interior of an Urban Air trampoline park.
2-6 03:23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-6 03:23
Thank you. It was taken with a drone while doing the interior of an Urban Air trampoline park.

You were holding it?
2-6 04:37
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-6 04:37
You were holding it?

No, I was flying through the indoor park for a ommercial
2-6 15:29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-6 15:29
No, I was flying through the indoor park for a ommercialhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-YfcxnJT4k

Oh nice
2-7 00:02
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-3 17:53
I like flying indoors. It's a little more slippery without GPS. I started with a toy drone in the house with propeller guards.  I just used POI on the drone and and pushed the left stick forward slowly for the air hockey game. This was in an Urban Air trampoline park with lots of games.  It was a fun shoot for a commercial. I don't want to break the rules on the forum by showing the brand on the video we shot. It was a grand opening .

I see. Sounds like it was a fun gig.
2-10 11:57
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 2-10 11:57
I see. Sounds like it was a fun gig.

Definitely different. I had a good time. I would have liked to try out the trampolines. They looked like fun.
2-10 12:45
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-10 12:45
Definitely different. I had a good time. I would have liked to try out the trampolines. They looked like fun.

I can see why. It's been ages since the last time I jumped on a trampoline myself. I am afraid I have put on so much weight I'd dive right through the canvas though.
2-10 12:57
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 2-10 12:57
I can see why. It's been ages since the last time I jumped on a trampoline myself. I am afraid I have put on so much weight I'd dive right through the canvas though.

Funny. I don't know if my bones and joints could handle it but I'd like to try.
2-10 15:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules