DJI zone unlock is unnecessary for part 107 pilots.
290 2 2023-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pasta Rhymes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19304 ft
  • >>>
United States

Given the latest requirements for remote id there is no reason for part 107 flyers to go through the process of unlocking areas on the DJI website anymore.
We have COAs for airspaces in different states and even if an airspace (think air force base) reverts to class D on weekends, we still have to unlock the airspace in the app.
All of that would only be a minor nuisance but most of the time DJI Fly malfunctions and I have to repeat the process at least 5 times before it lets me take off.
This problem frequently occurs with different drones, phones, app versions, pilots. Oftentimes DJI is also completely wrong in terms of boundaries and airspace.

We incorporated the use of drones in our business years ago, yes to this day part 107 flyers are still being treated like amateurs. Am I the only one who thinks there should be different standards for hobbyists and professionals?
2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We totally understand how important this option for you. For further assistance on this concern, you may contact our team by sending them an email at flysafe@dji.com. We appreciate your understanding and support.
1-1 02:00
Use props
Cheesehead Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 655121 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not at all. Personally, I'm tired of asking DJI for permission to fly my drone in Class G Airspace because there is a private air strip 3 miles from my vacation property that even states "SKI ACFT ONLY WINTERS" on the sectional chart website I use. If the FAA allows me to fly somewhere unrestricted there is no reason I need to get permission from DJI.
2-7 16:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules