Mini 3 Pro Help
379 12 2023-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheSnowyDronist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 480518 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, I was given a (partly broken) Mini 3 Pro today by someone who found it while mowing grass. I want to know what works and what more is broken other than what I can see.

I ultimately intend to contact DJI and see if I can get it returned (if they want it) to the original owner but before I do that I would like to test it by binding it to my controller since I have the same drone.

If I do bind to my controller and see if it all works will it override DJI seeing the original Email it was registered with if I give them an SN?

Thank you in advance.
2023-12-31
Use props
TheSnowyDronist
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Not sure how to delete this but my issue is solved. Just going to contact DJI for the issue and not test it myself.
2023-12-31
Use props
NBGRobbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12349 ft
United Kingdom

Isn't returning it the first thing to do?
2023-12-31
Use props
TheSnowyDronist
lvl.1
United Kingdom

If they registered their account with DJI yes.
2023-12-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your pairing your controller to the drone will do nothing to "override DJI seeing the original Email it was registered with if I give them an SN?"

My suggestion, put the mSD card from the drone in a reader attached to your computer and have a look at the videos. If there are a lot around one 'house' that's probably the owner's 'home'.
That said, DJI can contact the owner and give them your email address if you permit that blah blah blah.
2023-12-31
Use props
TheSnowyDronist
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-31 14:39
Your pairing your controller to the drone will do nothing to "override DJI seeing the original Email it was registered with if I give them an SN?"

My suggestion put the mSD card from the drone in a reader attached to your computer and have a look at the videos. If there are a lot arounf one 'house' thats probably the owners.

I would just like to say thank you considering you were the most helpful out of everyone who responded across 2 forums and didn’t immediately assume I’m a thief.
The guy who originally found it still has the SD but from what he said it looks like it was in the middle of a survey or taking photos of a building prior to the crash, but I’m going to contact DJI support about it when I can and see if it’s linked to an account/ask them to get the owner to contact me directly.
2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Thank you for your gesture in returning the drone (Mini 3 Pro) to the owner. if you picked up a DJI aircraft  please provide the aircraft’s serial number. We'd like to check and verify some information. Looking forward to your response.
2023-12-31
Use props
TheSnowyDronist
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 12-31 15:18
Hi there. Thank you for your gesture in returning the drone (Mini 3 Pro) to the owner. if you picked up a DJI aircraft  please provide the aircraft’s serial number. We'd like to check and verify some information. Looking forward to your response.

Certainly. Serial number is 1581F4XFA22AFML7LEJS

From what I could see it was activated in February and potentially still liable for warranty? Not sure on that. It has probably hit a tree and has some broken or damaged parts now.
I saw something about care refresh being available twice including a flyaway cover when I looked up the SN? I’m not exactly sure on that. I might have misread.

Thank you if you can help.
2023-12-31
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

TheSnowyDronist Posted at 12-31 14:43
I would just like to say thank you considering you were the most helpful out of everyone who responded across 2 forums and didn’t immediately assume I’m a thief.
The guy who originally found it still has the SD but from what he said it looks like it was in the middle of a survey or taking photos of a building prior to the crash, but I’m going to contact DJI support about it when I can and see if it’s linked to an account/ask them to get the owner to contact me directly.

Yes I was going for thief as well...

Perhaps it has something to do with the way you wrote your first post...

But now I can see the both the guy who found it and you, don't know how DJI Binding do work...

However, NBGRobbo is right... Returning and not taking apart something found should be the first on the list... Not sure why you need to see what works, considering that's not yours...

And finally, why the guy that has found it originally took and kept the SD card?
2023-12-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheSnowyDronist Posted at 12-31 14:43

You are welcome. Happy New Year.
2023-12-31
Use props
TheSnowyDronist
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 12-31 15:50
Yes I was going for thief as well...

Perhaps it has something to do with the way you wrote your first post...

I buy all my drones new so I have no need to understand binding. Apart from with my Avata remote and other compatible FPV which is easy enough to understand.

You have to understand if I was stealing, would I message on a forum asking for help returning it to the owner?

No idea why the original guy kept the SD card, I only found out about this drone coming my way yesterday, what he does is none of my business but I can ask for the SD card easily enough I imagine.
2023-12-31
Use props
TheSnowyDronist
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI have been contacted and the appropriate department have my details to get hold of me when they can. Thread can be closed now if possible. Thank you.
1-1 06:27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

TheSnowyDronist Posted at 1-1 06:27
DJI have been contacted and the appropriate department have my details to get hold of me when they can. Thread can be closed now if possible. Thank you.

Hi there. Thanks for the update. Again, we thank you for your gesture in returning the drone back to its owner.
1-1 16:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules