Car Dashcam Mode Needed
602 7 2023-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NZABCamp
lvl.4

New Zealand

Is it possible to have a car mode so the gimbal locks straight ahead but compensates for up and down movements?  As it is now there is no one mode that works in a car when mounted on windscreen facing forward.  I've had to switch back to the Osmo Action.  Thanks.
2023-12-31
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A car dash cam is the last thing I’d use a gimbal unit for!
2023-12-31
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

IftiBashir Posted at 12-31 12:16

I've tried my Action 4 as one and it worked well. I liked having the GPS/remote for triggering recording.
2023-12-31
Use props
NZABCamp
lvl.4

New Zealand

IftiBashir Posted at 12-31 12:16

It's not for use as a dashcam.  I just want it for recording for my youtube channel.
2023-12-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im using mine in the car without issues as is,    here's an example - https://forum.dji.com/thread-301233-1-1.html
1-1 01:06
Use props
NZABCamp
lvl.4

New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 1-1 01:06
Im using mine in the car without issues as is,    here's an example - https://forum.dji.com/thread-301233-1-1.html

That might work fine for hyperlapse but doesn't work for tight twisty roads in normal mode.  The gimbal lags the cars turns.  I just want an option to lock the gimbal forward.
1-1 10:28
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NZABCamp Posted at 2023-12-31 21:51
It's not for use as a dashcam.  I just want it for recording for my youtube channel.

Ah fair enough - sorry I thought you meant as an actual permanent dash cam!
1-1 11:01
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
1-2 00:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules