DJI Osmo Action 3 Activation Keeps failing because of garbage app
462 5 2023-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Selvey808
New

United States

I was just given a DJI Osmo Action 3 adventure combo. It is brand new and was still sealed.  I tried to activate it like it asks using the DJI Mimo app but I keep getting an activation failed error message.  Yes, I have followed the instructions.  Yes, I tried reinstalling the app.  I have tried on my iPhone 13 pro, my wifes iPhone 13 pro and my 2018 ipad 9.7inch.  All are getting the same activation failed message.  Why on earth do I have to use this grabage app to activate a CAMERA? Why can't I just turn it on and start using it like every other camera in existence?  Also, why do you give only 5 tries to activate this stupid thing before turning it into a brick?  Just let me bypass your stupid activation anytime I want to use this camera, since I can't even activate it on YOUR APP anyway.  Is there anyway around this besides trying numerous devices that may or may not let me activate this thing?  Why should I have to go out and try to buy other devices just to try and activate this device?
2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi, we are sorry for the difficulties you experienced, we understand your feeling. Please rest assured, we will try our best to help. Could you please provide the screenshot of the activation error message and the serial number of the camera for us to double-check? We look forward to your reply.
1-1 00:40
Use props
Selvey808
New

United States

You can close this thread, I'm just going to return the camera.
1-1 06:19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Selvey808 Posted at 1-1 06:19
You can close this thread, I'm just going to return the camera.

I am deeply sorry to know that you decided to return the unit, still hope to be able to service you in the future. Have a nice day.
1-2 05:38
Use props
Zeretkuy
lvl.1

Austria

This reflects very poorly on your company and country, since we all know why you want us to install the malware on as many devices as possible, in order for us to use the products we bought and paid for you want to spy on all our friends, family and whoever's phone we tried to unlock the camera with.

The Mimo app malfunction is not a bug but a feature, that way you ensure as many phones as possible get infected with the Mimo malware since we have to try with multiple phones before it finally works.

While I respect China's desire to spy on western countries' governments, this approach is too blatant, and with DJI's suggestion to install the app on one smartphone after the other until it finally works the true motive behind this is too obvious, since the whole activation process serves no other purpose.

The only way to unlock your camera (besides buying a bunch of smartphones in the hope one is compatible or infecting all your friends and families phones) is to haggle with the indian and turkish handy repair shops and ask them to activate the camera with one of their smartphones, for the price they usually charge to unlock phones, what a joke. After that they need to factory reset their smartphone in order to fully get rid of the Mimo malware.

3-24 17:16
Use props
Zeretkuy
lvl.1

Austria

My Action 4 delivery arrived this moment, the unboxing will be done at the customer protection service office (in my country Austria this the "Arbeiterkammer Wien Konsumtenschutz". In their written reply to my inquiry they confirmed the activation process as illegal since you have to provide more data than necessary for recording. DJI opened a can of worms, there is a mega lawsuit brewing, with a potential multimillion fine for DJI. We will not let you get away with this, the whole process will be documented and uploaded to Youtube. I will also write a 1 star review on Amazon, since the activation costs you 4 stars. The 1 remaining star you shall have because the battery is replacable, but that's about it.
3-25 08:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules