1069 25 1-1 12:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnyReb69
New

United States

Controller and Aircraft firmware just updated:Aircraft Firmware 01.00.0700

RC Firmware 01.03.1000

My Mini 3 was not used since October.  Just pulled it out a few days ago and noticed the firmware updates that were available.  I went ahead and updated and now I have these problems.

1.  Upon takeoff, the aircraft lurches slightly forward and to the right, almost causing it to ground.
2.  The hover is not steady like it used to be, it seems like it is hunting to stay in a location.
3.  First flight I took it up to about 70 feet without issue but the aircraft would not go forward, just backward.  My side-to-side wanted to go forward, almost hitting some trees.  The obstacle sensor said it was picking up something below, even in the clear at 70 feet.  I moved it backward away from trees by about 30 feet and I was able to get it to come down.  When I tried to land using the pull down method, it got close to the ground but never touched and remained in an unstable hover about 6 inches off the ground.

I then turned it off.  Made sure the obstacle sensors were clean, which they were, reset all settings using the controller, recalibrated the compass and remote controller.  Tried again.  This time, I was able to increase the altitude and took it out over my pasture.  Initial feeling was it was working properly until I tried to fly it back.  Signal was great but I could not get the drone to respond to turn around.  I went out to the point where I could see it and it was hit-and-miss for its response.  Finally got it over me and lowered the altitude where I could grab it.

Any ideas on what I can try to get this thing working correctly again?

1-1 12:33
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Post the flight logs?
1-1 14:00
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

If the drone and controller isn't used for 3 months or so, I believe that the app automatically logs you out and you have to log in again. Is it possible that you're flying it in the restricted flying modes when logged out?
1-1 17:43
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Hoarfrost Posted at 1-1 17:43
If the drone and controller isn't used for 3 months or so, I believe that the app automatically logs you out and you have to log in again. Is it possible that you're flying it in the restricted flying modes when logged out?

Even in that case it should fly upto 30m distance & hover perfectly & would warn that account is not logged in.
1-1 20:02
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

Ranjan Posted at 1-1 20:02
Even in that case it should fly upto 30m distance & hover perfectly & would warn that account is not logged in.

OK - just stabbing in the dark here - have you recalibrated the IMU? Are you taking off in an area with rebar in cement or close to areas with magnetic interference?
I guess I would try flying it out in the country away from everything and seeing if I got the same result as an experiment.
1-1 21:40
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hoarfrost Posted at 1-1 21:40
OK - just stabbing in the dark here - have you recalibrated the IMU? Are you taking off in an area with rebar in cement or close to areas with magnetic interference?
I guess I would try flying it out in the country away from everything and seeing if I got the same result as an experiment.

OK - just stabbing in the dark here - have you recalibrated the IMU?
Are you taking off in an area with rebar in cement or close to areas with magnetic interference?

Yes ... you are just making uninformed guesses that aren't relevant to what he described.
Just guessing isn't likely to come up with anything helpful.
1-1 21:55
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific error message you experienced on the DJI fly app during this issue. Please attach a screenshot if any. Try to perform the IMU and remote controller calibration via the DJI fly app to further isolate the issue. Lastly, may I please ask if the unit has experienced a hard landing before? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
1-2 00:47
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

Labroides Posted at 1-1 21:55
OK - just stabbing in the dark here - have you recalibrated the IMU?
Are you taking off in an area with rebar in cement or close to areas with magnetic interference?

Yes - they are uninformed guesses, but they are appropriate paths to follow when trying to troubleshoot an issue. If these kind of suggestions are just annoying or misleading here, I'll be happy to withdraw.
1-2 06:58
Use props
Richard Photis
lvl.1
Australia

Hi,

I found this post when looking for somebody who has had a similar problem to me.

A few days ago I launched my drone from a boat (done this many times before) and instead of it auto launching and hovering it just dived straight left and down into the water and it sank!

There was some wind but I have flown it in much higher winds before.

Any ideas as to why this may have happened from the forum?

Thanks in advance.
1-2 10:58
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Richard Photis Posted at 1-2 10:58
Hi,

I found this post when looking for somebody who has had a similar problem to me.

Hi,

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog for this issue.
Use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded url on here.

Did you hand launch your drone? Was the boat dead in the water of had it any speed?

cheers
JJB
1-2 11:25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Hoarfrost Posted at 1-2 06:58
Yes - they are uninformed guesses, but they are appropriate paths to follow when trying to troubleshoot an issue. If these kind of suggestions are just annoying or misleading here, I'll be happy to withdraw.

Yes - they are uninformed guesses, but they are appropriate paths to follow when trying to troubleshoot an issue.
The appropriate path towards fixing the issue, first involves identifying the issue and it's actual cause, then addressing that.
Randomly (and almost certainly unnecessarily) recalibrating things will almost never solve anything.
1-2 14:20
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

Labroides Posted at 1-2 14:20
Yes - they are uninformed guesses, but they are appropriate paths to follow when trying to troubleshoot an issue.
The appropriate path towards fixing the issue, first involves identifying the issue and it's actual cause, then addressing that.
Randomly (and almost certainly unnecessarily) recalibrating things will almost never solve anything.

I see that DJI also recommended he try to recalibrate the IMU. Looks like you need to also tell them about how to do this properly.
1-2 20:52
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Hoarfrost Posted at 1-2 20:52
I see that DJI also recommended he try to recalibrate the IMU. Looks like you need to also tell them about how to do this properly.

I see that DJI also recommended he try to recalibrate the IMU.
The moderators here are the last people to listen to when it comes to anything technical.
They don't fly drones, they don't know anything about drones and just work from scripts that aren't particularly good.
Their standard advice is usually irrelevant and worthless.
1-3 05:31
Use props
Richard Photis
lvl.1
South Africa

JJB* Posted at 1-2 11:25
Hi,

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog for this issue.

Thanks for your reply.  I'll take a look at the link.  

I hand launched the drone and the boat was "stationary" at the time. Motor was off. From the time I launched to when the drone was in the water would have been 2 - 4 seconds.
1-4 12:29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Richard Photis Posted at 1-4 12:29
Thanks for your reply.  I'll take a look at the link.  

I hand launched the drone and the boat was "stationary" at the time. Motor was off. From the time I launched to when the drone was in the water would have been 2 - 4 seconds.

Hi,

Interesting....2 or 4 seconds in flight    curious what the log will tell....

cheers
JJB
1-4 12:44
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Hoarfrost Posted at 1-2 20:52

Interesting to see I got 3 downvotes for my factual comments above.
But none of them bother to comment themselves?
1-4 15:19
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

Labroides Posted at 1-4 15:19
Interesting to see I got 3 downvotes for my factual comments above.
But none of them bother to comment themselves?

That shouldn't bother you Labroides. You know what you're talking about and aren't shy about telling others what they should be doing.
This is a forum - and not everyone is as skilled as you might be. Please leave some room for others to breathe here.
1-4 17:51
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Hoarfrost Posted at 1-4 17:51
That shouldn't bother you Labroides. You know what you're talking about and aren't shy about telling others what they should be doing.
This is a forum - and not everyone is as skilled as you might be. Please leave some room for others to breathe here.

On the contrary ... I'm wondering why three members felt that my completely factual post deserved to be downvoted.
And if they felt so strongly about it, why none of them bothered to post an opinion about the issue?
If they thought that I was wrong, I'd be most interested to hear why.
1-4 18:50
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:55
Use props
djiuser_A35qEmthQOqw
New

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-2 00:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific error message you experienced on the DJI fly app during this issue. Please attach a screenshot if any. Try to perform the IMU and remote controller calibration via the DJI fly app to further isolate the issue. Lastly, may I please ask if the unit has experienced a hard landing before? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi is this a known issue. Purchaed a mini 3 and updated tonight. DJI and aircraft fameware fully updated and get an error saying aircraft firmware not compatible. Restarted both aircraft and controller and then no error message.  I then took the mini outside for a quick low level test in an area at the front of the house. I took the drone straight up, no GPS or other warnings and the Drone started moving like it was drifting and the  drone was practically uncontrollable. Whilst trying to land it safely it took a path straight to my wall smashing the rear left motor arm and propellor on the same side. It landed upside down and the blades also continued to spin. I managed to stop the blades but the damage is now done and the drone will not fly :-(
Im an experienced DJI user as you will see with my flight logs with my mini 2 in the same area.
Ive raised a case for repair and the drone will sent to the repair centre tomorrow. Any advice or guidance please....
1-31 14:46
Use props
djiuser_A35qEmthQOqw
New

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-2 00:47

Hi is this a known issue for Mini 3. Mine updated tonight and ended up crashing due to highly unstable and uncontolable flight. Ive logged a case for it.
Updated DJIRC and Mini 3, took off for Vlow altitude test after update in a familiar area.
Altitude 3m only. As soon as airborn l, drone was v hard to control and hit wall causing damage to Left rear chassis and prop.
Im an experienced user with many years experience in Mini 2. Ive got a case for repair but any advice and guidance on this matter are welcome.  Many thanks
1-31 14:54
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your saying "tonight" leads me to ask, was this flight in darkness and did you wait until the drone had a good GPS lock before you made it take off ?
Post the .txt flight log ?

1-31 15:33
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_A35qEmthQOqw Posted at 1-31 14:54
Hi is this a known issue for Mini 3. Mine updated tonight and ended up crashing due to highly unstable and uncontolable flight. Ive logged a case for it.
Updated DJIRC and Mini 3, took off for Vlow altitude test after update in a familiar area.
Altitude 3m only. As soon as airborn l, drone was v hard to control and hit wall causing damage to Left rear chassis and prop.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. Rest assured that our team will provide you with some updates after we receive the unit at our facility as they will conduct some diagnostics on your drone to determine the main cause of the issue. Please note that we cannot admit that this crash that happened to your unit is related to this thread as we cannot give judgment not until we run some diagnostics on the unit. We appreciate your understanding and rest assured that the warranty will be applied once we prove that the issue is caused by a manufacturing defect also if your unit is within the warranty period. Thank you for your understanding.
2-1 20:48
Use props
Richard Photis
lvl.1
Australia

JJB* Posted at 1-4 12:44
Hi,

Interesting....2 or 4 seconds in flight    curious what the log will tell....

Hi again,

I've finally got some time to get this information after returning to the grind after the holiday.

Here's the flight log:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/0TUGZSWI9E1GLPJXIIRI
3-12 04:36
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Richard Photis Posted at 3-12 04:36
Hi again,

I've finally got some time to get this information after returning to the grind after the holiday.

Hi,

Had a look at your log, very short log.

Normally after EngineStart in the log you see few records with take-off records followed by N- mode ect.
In your log direct after EngineStart is N-Mode, did the software thinks it was already flying ?
No auto-takeoff like you wrote.
Distance value is increasing, and GPS speed is not zero, so boat was not steady in the water.

Error in the log "MotorFail, a Takeoff exception error"
I had once a similar start of a flight, auto-take-off from my hand, lowered my hand too soon a little during this and motors stopped an drone fell in the wet grass.

Cannot say what went wrong in your situation, mayby bc of moving platform...

cheers
JJB   [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for data and visual flightlog analysis (www.jjbfrap.eu) ]
Analysis1.png
3-12 07:27
Use props
Richard Photis
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for your reply and looking into the log.

Yes it was very short.

I don't really have any clear recollection of what I may have done differently but there may be a chance I took my hand away slightly early.

I have launched my drone from many boats before this and have never had any issues in similar and varying conditions so I'm quite confused.

By auto take off I meant pressing the "Take off" button on the controller screen.

Thanks again for your help.
3-17 04:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules