o(^-^)o
flyingFrantzen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1289790 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi,

I noticed the first time that the footage is sometimes flickering a lot, see:

It seems that I can remove this with the DaVinci DeFlicker Effect, but I am wondering if something is broken / wrongly set?

Thanks and Cheers!
Lars
1-2 06:47
Use props
Nuke2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129567 ft
Germany

Hello, do you talk about the left and right area in the video?! I think that's the Rotorblades. At this day the wind was very heavy ? Do you have the flickering also wenn the Mavic is stand still in the air? Br
Edit: Ich habe gesehen, dass du dem deutschen mächtig bist :-) Das sieht für mich aus, wie als wenn die Propeller im Bild zu sehen sind weil der Anstellwinkel wegen dem Wind so groß ist. Ist das Flickern immer zu sehen oder nur beim Fliegen? Wenn die Drohne in der Luft steht, ist es dann auch?
Gruß
1-2 07:24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is unavoidable and is the reason why not every shot you film in the air will make it to the final product of a video.

It's the combination of the sun, the rotors, the time of day, and can seem worse when there are particulates or haze in the air.
1-2 07:28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

That is the shadow of the props. It's unsightly, but normal with the sun at that angle.
1-2 07:29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The flicker on the right side looks like a propeller shadow. While shooting, please select an appropriate angle and avoid facing sunlight, or put the lens downwards at a certain angle to avoid the propeller shadow. Thank you for your kind understanding.
1-2 19:30
Use props
flyingFrantzen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1289790 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Thanks all for the explanation!

So all good, next time I know, I have never witnessed that effect before. And also good to know that flickering can be fixed afterward when needed via software.

Cheers,
Lars
1-3 02:57
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

flyingFrantzen Posted at 1-3 02:57
Thanks all for the explanation!

So all good, next time I know, I have never witnessed that effect before. And also good to know that flickering can be fixed afterward when needed via software.

Yes.  I got myself into the habit of trying to shoot properties very shortly after sunrise, well, turns out that was a bad habit.  I had a lot of bad angles with the sun and would often be shooting my subject meanwhile the sun was as that nastly low angle and I kept getting the prop shadows in the frame.  Since I was shooting some establishing 360 orbits, a good 25% of the orbit was not footage I could use in the finished product.  : )

Anyways, its something that you will see from time to time, and is just a good reminder to consider the light source in relationship to your drone's position.  Something a ground based photographer (unless they have a beanie cap with a propeller on it) will ever have to worry about.
1-3 07:17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, this got me too the first time I saw it.
Just tilt the gimbal down or rotate a bit (if you notice the flickering while flying)
2-9 01:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules