Mavic 2 Pro Vision sensor calibration
382 5 1-2 14:23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb445a0a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545840 ft
United States

I'm using a Macbook Air & Assistant to calibrate the vision sensors.  I get through with it and get a screen that says "Calcuating calibration information collected calibrating".  says about a minute to do that.  It's been 15-20 min.  Nothing changes on the screen.  Anyone have a fix?  
1-2 14:23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please follow the steps below? (feel free to skip some steps if was already done)
1. Please check the Sensor Calibration Instructions in DJI Assistant 2. During calibration, keep the aircraft arms unfolded. Notes: Folded aircraft arms may obstruct the vision sensor, which may result in a calibration error.
2. Ensure that the monitor uses a straight-face screen. Curved screens are not supported.
3. We recommend using a monitor larger than 14 inches. If the screen is less than 14 inches, the calibration may fail.
4. Please use a soft fabric (such as a cloth for glasses) to wipe the vision sensor lens of the aircraft. Wipe it several times until the lens is clean.
5. Please set the resolution displayed on the computer to the default value recommended by the system.
6. Make sure the Assistant 2 version you're using is compatible with your drone.https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
7. After following the steps above, please reconnect the aircraft and the DJI Assistant 2 for reconnection and calibration.
Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
1-2 21:15
Use props
fansb445a0a6
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-2 21:15
Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please follow the steps below? (feel free to skip some steps if was already done)
1. Please check the Sensor Calibration Instructions in DJI Assistant 2. During calibration, keep the aircraft arms unfolded. Notes: Folded aircraft arms may obstruct the vision sensor, which may result in a calibration error.
2. Ensure that the monitor uses a straight-face screen. Curved screens are not supported.

I had to lower the screen resolution then the dots appeared but the calibration failed at the end. I don't have a computer bigger than MacBook Air that is not curved. Can I send it to DJI?
1-3 00:23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansb445a0a6 Posted at 1-3 00:23
I had to lower the screen resolution then the dots appeared but the calibration failed at the end. I don't have a computer bigger than MacBook Air that is not curved. Can I send it to DJI?

Yes, you can send it. Here is the link to submit a repair request: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Please keep us posted if you need further assistance. Have a great day.
1-3 01:42
Use props
fansb445a0a6
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 01:42
Yes, you can send it. Here is the link to submit a repair request: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Please keep us posted if you need further assistance. Have a great day.

I found an old Win7 laptop, downloaded Assistant 2, it prompted me to update the software 2x, there was a confusing notation about mavic mini and then a box "confirm".  Eventually I got through the calibration after several attempts.  I hope I never have to do another one.  Let's hope DJI can support Mac computers better or have an online calibration.  Right now, it's clear to me the calibration works much easier on a Windows computer.  So my old Mavic 2 Pro checked out during a test flight, it's flying just fine now.  Thanks for your help.
1-4 11:07
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansb445a0a6 Posted at 1-4 11:07
I found an old Win7 laptop, downloaded Assistant 2, it prompted me to update the software 2x, there was a confusing notation about mavic mini and then a box "confirm".  Eventually I got through the calibration after several attempts.  I hope I never have to do another one.  Let's hope DJI can support Mac computers better or have an online calibration.  Right now, it's clear to me the calibration works much easier on a Windows computer.  So my old Mavic 2 Pro checked out during a test flight, it's flying just fine now.  Thanks for your help.

I'm glad you have finally managed to calibrate it. I will forward your feedback to the relevant team. We appreciate your patience.
1-6 00:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules