is heigth limit to 120m back after 1.1.24?
1846 20 1-2 22:28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Happy New Year!

I am just curious:
is the height restriction in Europe back after 1.1.24?
Was it part of the firmware and now automatically activated?
1-2 22:28
Use props
Jan Spacil
lvl.4

Czechia

New and happy year! :]

In the case of the M4P there was only one firmware where it was possible to set the max. flight altitude above 120m. The last two versions already had a limitation of 120m. The only option was the official C0 declassification, in this case, there is still possible to set this altitude above 120m in app.
There are several extensive discussions on this topic here.

However, according to EASA rules in almost all EU countries the limit for the OPEN category was, is and almost certainly will be 120m, nothing has changed :]
1-3 02:46
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If your DJI Mini 4 Pro has applied for label removal in 2023, the 120 limit will not be imposed in 2024. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead!
1-3 23:59
Use props
udovich
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309219 ft
Slovenia

This is the same as limiting the speed of vehicles to 130 km/h, because that is the speed that can be driven on most roads. However, manufacturers still produce vehicles that go up to 250 km/h. I suggest that DJI remove the 120m height limit. if an individual violates this, he should be punished by the persons performing supervision. that's easy.
1-5 00:25
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

udovich Posted at 1-5 00:25
This is the same as limiting the speed of vehicles to 130 km/h, because that is the speed that can be driven on most roads. However, manufacturers still produce vehicles that go up to 250 km/h. I suggest that DJI remove the 120m height limit. if an individual violates this, he should be punished by the persons performing supervision. that's easy.

Regrettably its EASA that impose on constructors of C0 drones to limit maximum height from take off point to 120 metres. DJI is compling to that with their C0 drones.

This is not applicable in the UK as the C classification is not used by the CAA. A C0 drone in the UK can have the maximum altitude set to 500m, however the maximum legal height to fly in the UK is 120m from the earths surface.
1-5 05:12
Use props
udovich
lvl.1
Slovenia

Mavic57Minis Posted at 1-5 05:12
Regrettably its EASA that impose on constructors of C0 drones to limit maximum height from take off point to 120 metres. DJI is compling to that with their C0 drones.

This is not applicable in the UK as the C classification is not used by the CAA. A C0 drone in the UK can have the maximum altitude set to 500m, however the maximum legal height to fly in the UK is 120m from the earths surface.

I understand everything you wrote. even on the highway you can only drive 130km/h, or at sea you can sail a boat no more than 150m to the coast, but we still know what we do on the road and how much we drive. if we drive too fast and get caught by the police we pay a fine, and it should be the same for drones. there is no need to limit only C0 drones and the others can fly up to 500m height, it makes no sense.
1-5 05:23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

udovich Posted at 1-5 05:23
I understand everything you wrote. even on the highway you can only drive 130km/h, or at sea you can sail a boat no more than 150m to the coast, but we still know what we do on the road and how much we drive. if we drive too fast and get caught by the police we pay a fine, and it should be the same for drones. there is no need to limit only C0 drones and the others can fly up to 500m height, it makes no sense.

I'm sorry, but these are very different things and shouldn't be lumped together.     
1-5 05:32
Use props
udovich
lvl.1
Slovenia

frankymusik Posted at 1-5 05:32
I'm sorry, but these are very different things and shouldn't be lumped together.

They are not that different. how many accidents were caused by drones, and how many accidents were caused by speeding. why don't they limit the speed of vehicles to 150km/h, maybe because the car industry is very powerful in politics.
It's all connected. I am of the opinion that an individual should be responsible for his actions. limiting the height of drone flight has nothing to do with safety other than controlling and restricting drone users.
1-5 06:03
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

udovich Posted at 1-5 06:03
They are not that different. how many accidents were caused by drones, and how many accidents were caused by speeding. why don't they limit the speed of vehicles to 150km/h, maybe because the car industry is very powerful in politics.
It's all connected. I am of the opinion that an individual should be responsible for his actions. limiting the height of drone flight has nothing to do with safety other than controlling and restricting drone users.

...it's not DJI's problem, it's a regulation from the aviation authority.
If DJI wants to bring a C0 drone onto the market, then DJI must adhere to this regulation!
...otherwise it may not bear the "C0" label.

If this “upsets” you, then you need to express your displeasure elsewhere!
1-5 06:35
Use props
StepCH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4354 ft
Switzerland

An excerpt from the EASA web site:
So in the A1 open subcategory, a major simplification was added when operating C0 drones, by having no requirement for training for remote pilots, no mandatory geoawareness, and no mandatory remote identification. This simplifies things a lot! However, such simplifications were compensated by more strict operational requirements such as the hard 120 m height limit. If we allow remote pilots using C0 drones to unlock the system and fly higher without an understanding of the possible risk, which is given during the A1/A3 online training, this has the potential to cause an accident.
I think they forgot "no mandatory 3rd party insurance" for remote pilots.
Anyone who doesn't like the limit should either buy a C1 drone or reclassify the Mini 4 as C1 when made available by Dji.

1-5 06:45
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

udovich Posted at 1-5 00:25

True, but when the fat asses in Brussel EU parliament has create ..., DJI decided to save some cash from bribing and lobbing... BMW, AUDI, FERRARI, , MERCEDES paid the "tax"... Highways in Germany are still limitless... (EU county)
1-5 13:56
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-5 11:53
It is the EU imposing the limit not DJI.

My friend, in Marketing there is a term called "lobbing" and bribing as an instrument, but DJI played cheap Charlies and now bearing the consequences
1-5 14:03
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

What you are saying is that you would like to live in a society where people are and take responsibility seriously....

I got bad news for you....
1-5 14:21
Use props
udovich
lvl.1
Slovenia

I'm just saying that there are institutions that control the breaking of the law. in my opinion it was not necessary to limit the height of the drone flight, maybe it could be limited only in populated cities. as many have already written, it makes no sense to limit the height in uninhabited places, especially if you are in a valley and want to shoot the top of a mountain. i also know it was ordered by EASA, not for safety reasons in my opinion and it didn't come from DJI. Maybe DJI and other drone manufacturers could come to some other agreement and regulate flight height control in cities only?
1-6 01:09
Use props
udovich
lvl.1
Slovenia

frankymusik Posted at 1-5 06:35
...it's not DJI's problem, it's a regulation from the aviation authority.
If DJI wants to bring a C0 drone onto the market, then DJI must adhere to this regulation!
...otherwise it may not bear the "C0" label.

it doesn't upset me too much, maybe DJI should be more concerned about the drones they sold, and the customers who bought the drones with a flight height of up to 500m, who will now be restricted in their flight height.
1-6 01:17
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI gave everyone in the EASA area an opportunity to declassify their Mini4pro, they had no obligation to do that.
1-6 01:51
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

udovich Posted at 1-6 01:17
it doesn't upset me too much, maybe DJI should be more concerned about the drones they sold, and the customers who bought the drones with a flight height of up to 500m, who will now be restricted in their flight height.

See post #20, completely correct.   
1-6 06:03
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:26
Use props
Funkmeister
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm thinking about buying a Mini 4 Pro but I'm really struggling to understand what the situation is with height limits and the ability to remove any restrictions now we're in 2024.

I'm in the UK; if I buy a Mini 4 Pro today, will I have the ability to fly it in line with UK rules and regs (ie. not subject to the 120m limit from take-off point mandated for EU countries, but rather 120m above ground level)?  I've read many posts on here and looked for information in YT videos but it's about as clear as mud...!

Any clear guidance would be greatly appreciated.
1-12 20:25
Use props
yves wouters
lvl.2
Belgium

I can go up to 500m. but will not use it(do have the option although). So I set my max alt to 120m. in the controller.
1-13 08:10
Use props
yves wouters
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29314 ft
Belgium

Maybe the 120m+ option will come in handy in mountain terrain. that is why I went for the option to lift the max alt.
1-13 08:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules