592 24 1-3 06:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just picked up a used P4P. It's on it's way. Does anyone have any suggestions on testing it out, updating and whether I should use the original controller it comes with or a smart controller that I have?

1-3 06:32
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

The Smart Controller will work OK but I prefer using it with the Mavic 2 Pro. The built-in bright screen beats a cell phone display any day.
1-3 20:10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. I'd recommend performing an overall pre-flight checklist such as updating the firmware, calibrating the IMU, and compass. Moreover, the DJI Smart Controller is currently compatible with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2. I hope this information helps.
1-3 23:09
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mr. Strat Posted at 1-3 20:10
The Smart Controller will work OK but I prefer using it with the Mavic 2 Pro. The built-in bright screen beats a cell phone display any day.

I use it for mt M2P and Air 2S. If it's not glitchy I would love for it to work with the P4Pbecause I'm so used to it. Then phantom controller seems heavier and the ancillary controls are in weird places. Thanks.
1-4 05:46
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-3 23:09
Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. I'd recommend performing an overall pre-flight checklist such as updating the firmware, calibrating the IMU, and compass. Moreover, the DJI Smart Controller is currently compatible with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2. I hope this information helps.

That's great news. Thank you.
1-4 05:48
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-4 05:48
That's great news. Thank you.

You're most welcome. Please feel free to keep us posted anytime.
1-6 02:24
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28140 ft
  • >>>
United States

The following comments only apply if you have purchased a P4P v2.  If you purchased a non-V2 version of the P4P please disregard.

If you plan on doing any mapping work you'll need the standard P4P controller.  Third party apps like Drone Deploy will not work on the P4P Pro+ controller, but will run on an iPhone or iPad.  If your not going to get into any of that the Pro+ may be the way to go.

Make sure you update to the latest firmware update released in December so as to enable the Remote ID function.  That way you wont be restricted to FAA FRIA's.  You'll need to turn on Location Services on your phone or iPad for Remote ID to work on the P4P.

The P4P v2 is a great drone, and still relevant today IMHO... keep in mind that DJI has dropped hardware support for the P4P.  I'm using mine as a backup aircraft now.  I guess when it breaks, it will make a nice paperweight.  :-)

Fly Safe.
1-6 09:43
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gizmo6 Posted at 1-6 09:43
The following comments only apply if you have purchased a P4P v2.  If you purchased a non-V2 version of the P4P please disregard.

If you plan on doing any mapping work you'll need the standard P4P controller.  Third party apps like Drone Deploy will not work on the P4P Pro+ controller, but will run on an iPhone or iPad.  If your not going to get into any of that the Pro+ may be the way to go.

Thank you. I will be using it for mapping and modeling low level.  Sorry to her there is no hardware support. Is there anyone else who repairs them?
1-6 11:34
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1555499 ft
Australia

Gizmo6 Posted at 1-6 09:43
The following comments only apply if you have purchased a P4P v2.  If you purchased a non-V2 version of the P4P please disregard.

If you plan on doing any mapping work you'll need the standard P4P controller.  Third party apps like Drone Deploy will not work on the P4P Pro+ controller, but will run on an iPhone or iPad.  If your not going to get into any of that the Pro+ may be the way to go.

What do you mean by 'hardware support'?

Here in Australia, you can still get Care Refresh for P4s.  You can send your P4 into their repair center (with or without Care Refresh) for repair, and their tech-support help-desk still supports them.
1-6 14:33
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28140 ft
  • >>>
United States

GTHero Posted at 1-6 14:33
What do you mean by 'hardware support'?

Here in Australia, you can still get Care Refresh for P4s.  You can send your P4 into their repair center (with or without Care Refresh) for repair, and their tech-support help-desk still supports them.

That's good that DJI is still supporting the P4P Down Under...

According to DJI's recent Suspension of Service Notice, DJI dropped support for the P4P in July 2023.  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-270360-1-1.html

1-7 08:14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice
No suggestions, but congrats!
2-9 01:58
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-9 01:58
Nice
No suggestions, but congrats!

Thanks, I sent that one back because it was a v1 and DJI doesn't support it, buI just ordered another one and am eagerly awaiting it's delivery. I am hoping to use it for mapping, because of the mechanical shutter. I haven't been happy with the maps and 3D models i've  created. Hoping this helps.
2-9 05:12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-9 05:12
Thanks, I sent that one back because it was a v1 and DJI doesn't support it, buI just ordered another one and am eagerly awaiting it's delivery. I am hoping to use it for mapping, because of the mechanical shutter. I haven't been happy with the maps and 3D models i've  created. Hoping this helps.

Oh ok. I missed that one.
Hope the v2 provides.
2-9 05:13
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-9 05:13
Oh ok. I missed that one.
Hope the v2 provides.

I was heartbroken it was an Obsidian edition sleek  and Black, in mint condition but when I updated to the latest version it wouldn't fly. DJI said they don't support it anymore so I sent it back. This one has more mileage but it comes with 4 batteries and a case. After shipping it will be about $450.00 so If it works well it's a bargain and will get me some construction work.
2-9 05:19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-9 05:19
I was heartbroken it was an Obsidian edition sleek  and Black, in mint condition but when I updated to the latest version it wouldn't fly. DJI said they don't support it anymore so I sent it back. This one has more mileage but it comes with 4 batteries and a case. After shipping it will be about $450.00 so If it works well it's a bargain and will get me some construction work.

Oh yeah, I remember that version. Looked great!
2-9 05:48
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-9 05:48
Oh yeah, I remember that version. Looked great!

I just got a text that it's coming in today. Can't wait. I have to work tomorrow doing roof inspections. Hopefully I can test it Sunday.
2-9 05:53
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-9 05:53
I just got a text that it's coming in today. Can't wait. I have to work tomorrow doing roof inspections. Hopefully I can test it Sunday.

Oh nice. Fingers crossed!
2-9 06:22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-9 06:22
Oh nice. Fingers crossed!

It's like Christmas morning.
2-9 06:47
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-9 06:47
It's like Christmas morning.

I can imagine. Love that feeling!
2-9 07:24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-9 07:24
I can imagine. Love that feeling!

Almost Nothing better.
2-9 07:44
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-9 07:44
Almost Nothing better.

Too bad it only lasts a short while
2-9 07:56
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-9 07:56
Too bad it only lasts a short while

Yes and the thrill costs more every year.
2-9 08:00
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-9 08:00
Yes and the thrill costs more every year.

Yup.
So I take long breaks and enjoy a purchase more after a longer period of not buying.
2-9 08:26
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-9 08:26
Yup.
So I take long breaks and enjoy a purchase more after a longer period of not buying.

That's a good strategy.
2-9 08:45
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-9 08:45
That's a good strategy.

It works great. And I think the real fun is often more the waiting and anticipating than the actual 'having', so I keep that phase as long as possible
2-9 10:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules