questions
453 12 1-3 19:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
2ball
lvl.1
United States

New to drones, but after a couple flights, I have the following thoughts;

Drones are delecate.  If the propeller hits anything it will break.  I am scared to used the return home feature, because it may hit something returning home.  I also wouldn't use the video capture feature(boomerang, circle etc) for the same reason.
I guess you can fly it when its out of your site (like the other side of the house), but I wouldn't do that either.

It does take cool pics and video's of your house from above and cool pics and video of nature.

What elese does this thing do?

If I buy the the propeller protector will I be able to fly it in the house?  Will it survive a brush up against the wall?   

1-3 19:17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using the DJI Mini 2 360° Propeller Guard, this accessory will fully protect the propellers and improve flight safety also, this is suitable when flying indoors or in places with many obstacles. Please note that when you install this accessory, the maximum flight will be reduced to 18 minutes.  

To ensure safety, please avoid any contact between the aircraft and yourself or others when the aircraft is powered on also do not use the propeller guard in high altitudes (2000 m or higher) or in a windy environment. Hope this helps. We appreciate your valued support.

1-3 21:18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You set the RTH height for each location and so that it clears obstacle by a reasonable amount, I aim to clear something by 10m.
1-3 22:25
Use props
2ball
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-3 21:18
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using the DJI Mini 2 360° Propeller Guard, this accessory will fully protect the propellers and improve flight safety also, this is suitable when flying indoors or in places with many obstacles. Please note that when you install this accessory, the maximum flight will be reduced to 18 minutes.  

To ensure safety, please avoid any contact between the aircraft and yourself or others when the aircraft is powered on also do not use the propeller guard in high altitudes (2000 m or higher) or in a windy environment. Hope this helps. We appreciate your valued support.

2000 meters????

will it fly that high?

I have only taken mine to about twice as high as a 2 story house.  I am very afraid I will lose it if I even go 100 meters.  it will go out of sight before 100 meters i believe.

1-4 08:53
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2ball Posted at 1-4 08:53
2000 meters????

will it fly that high?

Hi,

No it will not fly that high!

If you fly your drone on top of a mountain....thinner air that at sea level, reduces the performance of a drone.
So 2000 meters is height above sea level.

Your drone will set the height to zero at takeoff, from this height you can fly up to 500 meters.
Most countries i believe have  legal limit of 120 meters.

BTW   RTH is safe to use as long as you set the RTH height higher than the obstacles in the area you are flying.

cheers
JJB

1-4 09:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

2ball Posted at 1-4 08:53
2000 meters????

will it fly that high?

Thank you for your response. We do not recommend using the 360° Propeller Guard in a windy environment or at an altitude of 2000m or above. After attaching the 360° Propeller Guard, there will be restrictions on flight distance and flight altitude. The flight altitude is limited to 30 m and the distance is limited to 50 m. Please refer to the specifications in the DJI Fly app. We appreciate your understanding.
1-5 03:01
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:47
Use props
2ball
lvl.1
United States

still learning.
a few more questions.

1.  The drone uses GPS stay stay in place, but it could have a 6 foot swing to it and may even it something when hoovering?
2.  the controller is connected to the drone via radio waves.  You will probably not get anywhere near the advertised maximum range?
3.  you could fly the drone inside a house while you are outside the house, but this is a complex maneuver that is hard to pull off?
1-8 19:11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

2ball Posted at 1-8 19:11
still learning.
a few more questions.

1.  The drone uses GPS stay stay in place, but it could have a 6 foot swing to it and may even it something when hoovering?
It might help if you reword that question so that what you are asking is clear.

2.  the controller is connected to the drone via radio waves.  You will probably not get anywhere near the advertised maximum range?
You can get close to the Max range in the specs, if you are flying in an interference area.
Your range will always be affected by the interference where you fly.

3.  you could fly the drone inside a house while you are outside the house, but this is a complex maneuver that is hard to pull off?
What's the question?

1-8 19:37
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

2ball Posted at 1-8 19:11
still learning.
a few more questions.

Yes - GPS accuracy can be off by a number of feet. You can reduce this by waiting for the drone to acquire at least 10-12 satellites - more is even better.

True. The signal is affected by a number of things - proximity to buildings, trees and cell/radio/tv towers, etc., that will reduce your range. You can get near the maximum theoretical range under ideal conditions like in unpopulated areas or over water.

There are many Youtube videos of pilots flying their drones into abandoned buildings and factories - although they are almost always flying FPV drones like an Avata that are designed for this purpose. Yes - you need some skill to pull this off safely.
1-8 22:23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hoarfrost Posted at 1-8 22:23

Yes - GPS accuracy can be off by a number of feet. You can reduce this by waiting for the drone to acquire at least 10-12 satellites - more is even better.

GPS accuracy can be off by a number of feet. You can reduce this by waiting for the drone to acquire at least 10-12 satellites - more is even better.
You got the first part right, but the rest is incorrect.
Consumer GPS is not as accurate as you think.

At 10-12 sats, your drone is unlikely to have full GPS reception - wait for the satellite icon to turn white to know when you do have good GPS reception.
But even with prefect GPS, your drone's position (in)accuracy can be  more than +/- 6ft.

1-8 23:40
Use props
djiuser_Aqroxw6fS3O9
New
Flight distance : 84288 ft
Vietnam

Hello I have a problem with my drone Dji mini 2 se I take a photo but I don’t see them on my album
1-29 08:52
Use props
SHADOW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12920 ft
Greece

Yoy have sd card in your drone?
1-29 11:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules