Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini 4 pro with DJI RC 2 without Motion RC2
1914 16 1-3 22:43
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zning95
New

Malaysia

Hi all,

I have a Mini 4 pro and DJI RC2, they both works well, and then I purchased a DJI Integra Goggles since DJI has announced the Mini 4 pro are able to bind with Integra with a firmware update in December 2023. I would like to bind my Mini 4 pro with DJI RC2 and Integra without the Motion RC2, but my integra wouldnt connect to my Mini 4 pro while it has take off like how this youtube video has shown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbiLhqccgKM with his Mini 3 pro. Whereas the integra can connect if the Drone was powered up without powering up the DJI RC2, but it wouldnt let me take off like how the video shows in 3:29.

I assumed it should work like the Mini 3 pro, but seems like DJI is aware and had made changes on the latest firmware update to prevent users using the Integra without Motion RC 2, which is ridiculous. If any of you had success, please share how did you managed to do it.

Thanks~

1-3 22:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that when using the DJI Goggles 2/Integra with the DJI Mini 4 Pro, the DJI RC Motion 2 is required to fully operate the aircraft and complete compatibility. Currently, the DJI RC2 and DJI RC-N2 aren't compatible with this setup. Thank you for your understanding.
1-4 01:03
Use props
ollie7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116362 ft
Germany

@ DJI: This topic can be found very often here in the forum now, I think it could be moved high up in the development backlog ;-)
If the M4P will work together with the RC-2 and the Integra, you would definitely sell a few more Integras
1-4 04:15
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:59
Use props
Birbal
lvl.1

United Kingdom

There was a workaround for Mini 3 and RC: you take off normally with the RC but the goggles off, once was in the air you plug in the goggles so you can use the RC with the goggles. However, this doesn't seem to work anymore on RC2 with Mini 4. Is such a simple thing, please DJI support this or at least allow for the workaround. DJI has some really good products but sometimes it surprises me with your decisions and choices...like Apple.
2-1 01:49
Use props
djiuser_Vg2XCKc8gTFs
New

United Kingdom

Does anyone know when this update will happen!
4-15 07:11
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Vg2XCKc8gTFs Posted at 4-15 07:11

It just happened with the release of the Goggles 3.  With the Goggles 3 you can fly your Air 3 or Mini 4 Pro with the goggles while piloting with an RC-N2 or DJI RC2.  Of course you will need the Goggles 3 as it still isn't possible with the Goggles 2 or Integra.
4-15 07:30
Use props
The Ollie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116362 ft
Germany

It's very frustrating for everyone who bought the Integra hoping that it would be made compatible with the RC-2.
Now this is possible with the Goggle 3, but does that mean we have to throw away the Integra and buy a Goggle 3 for 1 1/2 the price of the Integra? It seems to be Apple's philosophy where they only issue a software update but only make it available with new hardware.
It would be nice if DJI took a stance on whether or not this feature is coming at some point. Then we would at least have some clarity, as many people here in the forum are waiting for it.
4-15 22:51
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19915289 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-4 01:03
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that when using the DJI Goggles 2/Integra with the DJI Mini 4 Pro, the DJI RC Motion 2 is required to fully operate the aircraft and complete compatibility. Currently, the DJI RC2 and DJI RC-N2 aren't compatible with this setup. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello DJI,
Many of us that are considering using goggles when flying the non FPV drones is mainly because of the difficulty viewing the RC controller screen in bright sunlight. We just need the basic Google’s to use in those bright sunny days. It would be even more awesome if both goggles and controller are able to display at the same time, all the time. Maybe if the engineering/designer team can explain why it may not be possible then we won’t be bugging you with our impossible wishes
4-26 10:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

The Ollie Posted at 4-15 22:51
It's very frustrating for everyone who bought the Integra hoping that it would be made compatible with the RC-2.
Now this is possible with the Goggle 3, but does that mean we have to throw away the Integra and buy a Goggle 3 for 1 1/2 the price of the Integra? It seems to be Apple's philosophy where they only issue a software update but only make it available with new hardware.
It would be nice if DJI took a stance on whether or not this feature is coming at some point. Then we would at least have some clarity, as many people here in the forum are waiting for it.

Thank you for the feedback. We are actively sending all your requests to the related team to handle. Any news or updates are officially announced on the DJI official website or in the DJI Forum. We appreciate your patience and valued support.
4-26 21:05
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Vg2XCKc8gTFs Posted at 4-15 07:11

Hello. There is no announcement at the moment regarding this matter but we are actively gathering user experiences and feedback and forwarding them to the relevant team to evaluate and optimize the product. Thank you for your patience.
4-26 21:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Psoon Posted at 4-26 10:56
Hello DJI,
Many of us that are considering using goggles when flying the non FPV drones is mainly because of the difficulty viewing the RC controller screen in bright sunlight. We just need the basic Google’s to use in those bright sunny days. It would be even more awesome if both goggles and controller are able to display at the same time, all the time. Maybe if the engineering/designer team can explain why it may not be possible then we won’t be bugging you with our impossible wishes

Thank you for your feedback, Psoon. This combination is currently not supported. It is recommended to use the combination of Goggles with their compatible RCs. This is to avoid loss of control of the aircraft due to mismatch after takeoff. At the same time, we will also feedback on this issue to engineers for optimization, please rest assured. Thank you for your understanding and support.
4-29 07:00
Use props
Tend Wong
lvl.2

Singapore

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-15 07:30
It just happened with the release of the Goggles 3.  With the Goggles 3 you can fly your Air 3 or Mini 4 Pro with the goggles while piloting with an RC-N2 or DJI RC2.  Of course you will need the Goggles 3 as it still isn't possible with the Goggles 2 or Integra.

Tried using the latest firmware update on the Mini 4 Pro to link up my Integra and RC-N2. It doesn't work. Seems like the feature is only supported if you use Goggles 3. Hope DJI can produce a firmware update to support using the Integra with RC2 or RC-N2.
5-2 00:37
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tend Wong Posted at 5-2 00:37
Tried using the latest firmware update on the Mini 4 Pro to link up my Integra and RC-N2. It doesn't work. Seems like the feature is only supported if you use Goggles 3. Hope DJI can produce a firmware update to support using the Integra with RC2 or RC-N2.

That is true.  As I stated using the stock RC is only an option when using the Air 3 or Mini 4 Pro with the Goggles 3.  If using the Goggles 2 or Goggles Integra you must use the Motion Controller 2.
5-2 02:35
Use props
djiuser_n2lt7EPsa2Ps
lvl.1

Hong Kong

the goggle 2 is way more sexy than goggle 3. thats why i prefer using goggle2 with rc2 or even with fpv controller 2/3 ok too.
5-14 01:07
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_n2lt7EPsa2Ps Posted at 5-14 01:07
the goggle 2 is way more sexy than goggle 3. thats why i prefer using goggle2 with rc2 or even with fpv controller 2/3 ok too.

Thank you for the feedback. This will also be submitted to the relevant team. We appreciate your valued support.
5-14 02:45
Use props
fans3ba62b4d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16955 ft
United States

This is so disappointing that they don't work! I had no idea until I was trying to bind everything.
6-26 17:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules