Missing RC Pro O4 Update
547 12 1-4 03:35
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

Somehow I feel ripped off by DJI. Last summer I bought the RC Pro for my M3C for over €1000 because I thought I could also use a high-quality top controller for future drones. But unfortunately no, at first I thought they would adapt the FW to O4 since the HW is largely available - but no, it was a shot in the foot. These business practices are not serious. I have a some DJI products like cameras etc., I want still buy als an Air 3 but I'll steer clear of them in the future.

Sorry DJI, you make innovative products, but your business practices are just too brutal for me. I can still understand that new drones also have new features, but the fact that expensive top accessories cannot be adapted if it is technically possible or at least has some kind of compatibility mode is simply ignorant....

I wanted to get rid of that and I think I'm speaking from many people's hearts!

1-4 03:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

O4 added a new radio frequency which probably needs the antenna to be adjusted in length,    however these no reason these O4 drones couldnt just downgrade to o3 when flown with an older remote.   They did that with o3 and o3+ and the Air 2S was o3 and it downgrades to o2 with older controllers.  
1-4 03:46
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

DAFlys Posted at 1-4 03:46
O4 added a new radio frequency which probably needs the antenna to be adjusted in length,    however these no reason these O4 drones couldnt just downgrade to o3 when flown with an older remote.   They did that with o3 and o3+ and the Air 2S was o3 and it downgrades to o2 with older controllers.

Yes, of course, but according to my information, the RC Pro can also operate the new frequency (5.1 GHz) too.
1-4 03:57
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cpt. Joe Posted at 1-4 03:57
Yes, of course, but according to my information, the RC Pro can also operate the new frequency (5.1 GHz) too.

There's a lot of confusion over the radio in the RC Pro.  some say it's there and DJI say it isn't.   Of course not to be confused with 5ghz wifi.     There was a long thread on this topic here - https://forum.dji.com/thread-295239-1-1.html
1-4 04:03
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

DAFlys Posted at 1-4 04:03
There's a lot of confusion over the radio in the RC Pro.  some say it's there and DJI say it isn't.   Of course not to be confused with 5ghz wifi.     There was a long thread on this topic here - https://forum.dji.com/thread-295239-1-1.html

Yes, I know the thread, but I also miss a comprehensible clarification from DJI (it doesn't work there...., too expensive, etc. and no nebulous "hardware incompatibility"). But it is pointless to discuss it because there is no clear answer
1-4 04:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cpt. Joe Posted at 1-4 04:13
Yes, I know the thread, but I also miss a comprehensible clarification from DJI (it doesn't work there...., too expensive, etc. and no nebulous "hardware incompatibility"). But it is pointless to discuss it because there is no clear answer

I dont think we'd get a clear answer from DJI here either,  they will just say they dont have any info at the moment.
1-4 06:18
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

DAFlys Posted at 1-4 06:18
I dont think we'd get a clear answer from DJI here either,  they will just say they dont have any info at the moment.

I didn't expect that either, I just wanted to express my anger ;-)
1-4 07:36
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've made similar comparisons in the past but it's worth revisiting.

Imagine if cellular networks only worked with the newest generation. 5G phones only worked with 5G networks and couldn't use 4G towers.
If all WiFi 6 or 6E devices could only work with WiFi 6 or 6E routers. 98% of current WiFi networks would be unusable with the newest smart phones or laptops.

DJI is taking an all or nothing sales tactic and missing out on majority of their customers. All current Mavic 3, Air 2S and Mini 3 owners could upgrade to an RC 2 and the coming RC Pro 2. Instead, they're shooting themselves in the foot by only allowing a small percentage of their customers to be eligible for the upgrade. It would be the exact same as if Apple released a new pair of AirPods but they only worked with the iPhone 15's. They'd be narrowing their potential sales to only a select few. That's the difference between a $3 trillion dollar company (Apple) and a company that is massively in debt to private investors (DJI).
1-4 07:46
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-4 07:46
I've made similar comparisons in the past but it's worth revisiting.

Imagine if cellular networks only worked with the newest generation. 5G phones only worked with 5G networks and couldn't use 4G towers.

Possibly, way too early to worry about it, but...

Looks like 2023 didn't go as planned. This man has lost some money... They still have 54% (2021) of commercial market share, but it has indeed come down in 2021... They are still doing good in the consumer area.

Hopefully, Christina Zhang will have a better strategy for 2024, now that they have been hit in their wallet...

I hope not an RC Pro2 that can only fly 2 drones....

DJI Wealth.jpg

1-4 12:55
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 1-4 12:55
Possibly, way too early to worry about it, but...

Looks like 2023 didn't go as planned. This man has lost some money... They still have 54% (2021) of commercial market share, but it has indeed come down from 2021... They are still doing good in the consumer area.

Typical case of over promising and under delivering. Who ever has been in charge of product development the last few years needs replaced. The Mavic 3 was rushed and released before it had even been finished. Lied and said an SDK would be available so people bought it. Then they quietly removed all mention of an SDK. Oh you want an SDK? Here's an almost identical M3E that has one available on day one. Oh you want a camera that can take photos/videos that you've come to expect? Buy a flagship Mavic 3 Pro. Oh you want our newest O4 transmission? Buy an entry level Mini 4 Pro. Also, none of the three can share an RC...

Their product release timeline is killing their sales. They reveal the flagship M3P as the latest and greatest and kill the OG Mavic 3. Then just 3 months later they release the lower tier, budget minded Air 3 with a newer transmission protocol that isn't advanced enough to be backwards compatible they claim. Almost a year after release, DJI still forces you to buy an outdated RC when buying a M3P. Can it really be called a flagship if it only works with last generations RC and technology? These are just standard WiFi packets being transmitted over the air after all. The only thing proprietary is the way it can channel hop seamlessly. DJI slaps external antennas on the RC and acts like it's a whole new generational leap in tech. Good enough for the budget drones but also too advanced for the flagship. DJI customers are hesitant on buying their next drone because DJI has confused the heck out of their customers and made them nervous to pull the trigger.
1-4 14:01
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for expressing your concerns. Rest assured, we have forwarded your feedback to our engineers. Please follow our official website for the latest information, and if there are any updates, we will let you know. Thank you for your understanding and support.
1-5 01:07
Use props
fansba3b7009
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314908 ft
  • >>>
Austria

and then the fpv google2 magically works with O4 on Air3 and Mini4, but oh wait  .. only with the dji lovetoy  to not make this an fpv drone ...this really is a bad  joke for us customers
1-5 01:14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-4 14:01
Typical case of over promising and under delivering. Who ever has been in charge of product development the last few years needs replaced. The Mavic 3 was rushed and released before it had even been finished. Lied and said an SDK would be available so people bought it. Then they quietly removed all mention of an SDK. Oh you want an SDK? Here's an almost identical M3E that has one available on day one. Oh you want a camera that can take photos/videos that you've come to expect? Buy a flagship Mavic 3 Pro. Oh you want our newest O4 transmission? Buy an entry level Mini 4 Pro. Also, none of the three can share an RC...

Their product release timeline is killing their sales. They reveal the flagship M3P as the latest and greatest and kill the OG Mavic 3. Then just 3 months later they release the lower tier, budget minded Air 3 with a newer transmission protocol that isn't advanced enough to be backwards compatible they claim. Almost a year after release, DJI still forces you to buy an outdated RC when buying a M3P. Can it really be called a flagship if it only works with last generations RC and technology? These are just standard WiFi packets being transmitted over the air after all. The only thing proprietary is the way it can channel hop seamlessly. DJI slaps external antennas on the RC and acts like it's a whole new generational leap in tech. Good enough for the budget drones but also too advanced for the flagship. DJI customers are hesitant on buying their next drone because DJI has confused the heck out of their customers and made them nervous to pull the trigger.

This ^ ^ ^  .    
1-5 06:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules