DJI_0462.jpg
1-4 05:59
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice shot Charles.   at least it's bright and cheery there.  
1-4 06:59
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5018169 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-4 06:59
Nice shot Charles.   at least it's bright and cheery there.

The only day this week. Just in the morning.
1-4 07:10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Got the shutter speed just right to make all the cars "stop". I at least assume they were not all standstill when you took this picture?
1-4 10:43
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 1-4 10:43
Got the shutter speed just right to make all the cars "stop". I at least assume they were not all standstill when you took this picture?

IT was bright enough for a quick shutter speed.
1-4 10:57
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-4 10:57
IT was bright enough for a quick shutter speed.

Sure seems so
1-4 11:09
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Much nicer to look down on, than participate in
1-4 12:04
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-4 12:04
Much nicer to look down on, than participate in

That's for sure.
1-4 12:15
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 1-4 10:43

It's funny, they were fixing the traffic light on the corner while I was shooting this about 15 minutes later it came crashing down. Good thing no one was in the way.
1-4 12:17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-4 12:17
It's funny, they were fixingthe traffic light on the corner while I was shooting this about 15 minutes later it cam crashing down. Good thing no one was in the way.

That would have been something to catch in video from the drone
1-4 12:21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-4 12:21
That would have been something to catch in video from the drone

Of course but you know murphy's law you never are pointing in the right direction when it happens.
1-4 12:23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-4 12:23
Of course but you know murphy's law you never are pointing in the right direction when it happens.

I hear you
The number of times I've missed a train on the nearby viaduct - I've lost count
1-4 12:31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-4 12:31
I hear you
The number of times I've missed a train on the nearby viaduct - I've lost count

They sneak right through
1-4 13:00
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-4 12:17
It's funny, they were fixing the traffic light on the corner while I was shooting this about 15 minutes later it came crashing down. Good thing no one was in the way.

Talk about a close call But glad to hear no one was harmed.
1-4 14:45
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely light to get a great shot.  Remarkable capture Charlie.
1-4 15:38
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-4 15:38
Lovely light to get a great shot.  Remarkable capture Charlie.

Thanks much.
1-4 18:45
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 1-4 14:45
Talk about a close call  But glad to hear no one was harmed.

Same here. The traffic lights here a very large. It could have hurt someone.
1-4 18:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-4 07:10
The only day this week. Just in the morning.

Nice that you grabbed the chance to get airborne then.
1-4 23:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.  

Woke up this morning to the sound of raining pouring down.  Looks like another wet day so it looks like the weather guessers got the forecast right for a change.
1-5 03:21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-5 03:21
You're very welcome.  

Woke up this morning to the sound of raining pouring down.  Looks like another wet day so it looks like the weather guessers got the forecast right for a change.

Sorry to hear it. I have work Saturday and sunday here and it doesn't look good either.
1-5 04:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-4 23:15
Nice that you grabbed the chance to get airborne then.

You get up when you can.
1-5 04:58
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-5 04:55
Sorry to hear it. I have work Saturday and sunday here and it doesn't look good either.

Maybe the weather will change by the weekend.  Although after checking your weather forecast for the weekend it appears you will have a mix of snow and rain on both Saturday and Sunday.  With those temps it will definitely be a "bundle up" weekend.  Hope you can somehow squeeze your flights in.
1-5 05:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-5 05:55
Maybe the weather will change by the weekend.  Although after checking your weather forecast for the weekend it appears you will have a mix of snow and rain on both Saturday and Sunday.  With those temps it will definitely be a "bundle up" weekend.  Hope you can somehow squeeze your flights in.

It doesn't look promising. Saturday morning during the coldest part of the day I am doing a solar inspection then Sunday I have to shoot some roadway where there are high power lines in class B airspace. Not looking forward to it.
1-5 06:20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-4 18:47
Same here. The traffic lights here a very large. It could have hurt someone.

Certainly. Great to hear that nobody was hurt indeed.
1-5 06:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-5 06:20
It doesn't look promising. Saturday morning during the coldest part of the day I am doing a solar inspection then Sunday I have to shoot some roadway where there are high power lines in class B airspace. Not looking forward to it.

Wow, that could turn out to be a really challenging work assignment.  I hate flying around power lines as they are so hard to see and OA helps but you definitely can't depend on it 100%.  
1-5 16:02
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-5 16:02
Wow, that could turn out to be a really challenging work assignment.  I hate flying around power lines as they are so hard to see and OA helps but you definitely can't depend on it 100%.

I have to go and try as long as weather permits. Saturday Looks OK Sunday not so much..
1-5 18:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-5 18:47
I have to go and try as long as weather permits. Saturday Looks OK Sunday not so much..

I hope the weather is treating you right today so that you can get your shoot in.  
1-6 07:54
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-6 07:54
I hope the weather is treating you right today so that you can get your shoot in.

I got out at 8am shot a solar roof inspection then did 6 miles of proposed Highway by 11. Picket up a package that was us slightly used Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian  drone V2, that I bought on EBay. As soon as I got home it started snowing. Now I have to wait to play with the new toy. That is going to kill me. This thing looks like it's brand new.
1-6 12:02
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-6 12:02
I got out at 8am shot a solar roof inspection then did 6 miles of proposed Highway by 11. Picket up a package that was us slightly used Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian  drone V2, that I bought on EBay. As soon as I got home it started snowing. Now I have to wait to play with the new toy. That is going to kill me. This thing looks like it's brand new.

Wow, that was a great find and buy.  If memory serves me right the Obsidian was a big upgrade to the Phantom 4.  Hopefully, you'll be able to get it out for a flight sometime today.
1-7 06:06
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-5 18:47

Half of it is in class B airspace. I would only fly it with a visual osberver in short flights.
1-7 07:08
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 06:06
Wow, that was a great find and buy.  If memory serves me right the Obsidian was a big upgrade to the Phantom 4.  Hopefully, you'll be able to get it out for a flight sometime today.

It is really a nice piece of machinery it's a Pro + so it has the built in screen. The pro + doesn't allow any third party software. I was buying this for mapping and modeling. I am only going to fly it I'm going to keep it. I wish it was version 2. For $375 I would take the risk.
1-7 07:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 07:23
It is really a nice piece of machinery it's a Pro + so it has the built in screen. The pro + doesn't allow any third party software. I was buying this for mapping and modeling. I am only going to fly it I'm going to keep it. I wish it was version 2. For $375 I would take the risk.

Dang, I thought you had mentioned it was a V2.  I think one of the things I really appreciate about he RC Pro controller is the ability to add 3rd party Apps, it has HDMI out and the screen is really bright compared to the RC and RC2.  .  
1-7 08:22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 08:22
Dang, I thought you had mentioned it was a V2.  I think one of the things I really appreciate about he RC Pro controller is the ability to add 3rd party Apps, it has HDMI out and the screen is really bright compared to the RC and RC2.  .

It was a V2 in the description but when it got here after doing all the updates it asked for one more and I had to work with DJI and they told me it was a V1.
1-7 08:31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 08:31
It was a V2 in the description but when it got here after doing all the updates it asked for one more and I had to work with DJI and they told me it was a V1.

Ahh, a bit of misrepresentation by the seller.  
1-7 12:12
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 12:12
Ahh, a bit of misrepresentation by the seller.

It's probably going back.
1-7 12:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 12:13
It's probably going back.

Yeah, probably the right call, especially after being told it was a V2 and find out it was a V1.  What else could have been misrepresented.  It's a shame as you invested you time in making sure everything was updated, etc.
1-7 12:37
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 12:37
Yeah, probably the right call, especially after being told it was a V2 and find out it was a V1.  What else could have been misrepresented.  It's a shame as you invested you time in making sure everything was updated, etc.

The ups and downs of getting it then finding out it's not what you ordered. It never seems to pay.
1-7 13:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 13:04
The ups and downs of getting it then finding out it's not what you ordered. It never seems to pay.

I'm the type of guy that really needs to see it in person and play with it a bit before I buy a used item.  I did have good luckk buyin a couple of used Mini 2 as starters for two of the grandkids.  One no longer flies but the other one has got the drone pilot bug.  I've since upgraded him to the Mini 3 Pro.  After flying my Air 3 he is begging for another upgrade.  I told him to hold off and we'd look at possibly upgrading in the summer.  He got his open sea scuba qualification last summer so we dive a lot together so I'm sure he'll keep working on me for an upgrade to the Air 3 over the next couple of months.
1-7 13:46
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 13:46
I'm the type of guy that really needs to see it in person and play with it a bit before I buy a used item.  I did have good luckk buyin a couple of used Mini 2 as starters for two of the grandkids.  One no longer flies but the other one has got the drone pilot bug.  I've since upgraded him to the Mini 3 Pro.  After flying my Air 3 he is begging for another upgrade.  I told him to hold off and we'd look at possibly upgrading in the summer.  He got his open sea scuba qualification last summer so we dive a lot together so I'm sure he'll keep working on me for an upgrade to the Air 3 over the next couple of months.

It's an awesome drone. I need to move towards the enterprise type drone to use the pro controller, because lots of the new work requires automated flights with Drone deploy or dronelink. My smart controller gets stuck on some of the programs. I thought I would use this to do some mapping but It has to go back because there is no support.
1-7 13:55
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 13:55
It's an awesome drone. I need to move towards the enterprise type drone to use the pro controller, because lots of the new work requires automated flights with Drone deploy or dronelink. My smart controller gets stuck on some of the programs. I thought I would use this to do some mapping but It has to go back because there is no support.

Yeah, for sure sounds like you need an enterprise level drone to expand your business.  
1-8 05:32
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules