RS3 Pro with Masterwheels & Tilta Advanced Rear Handle
335 3 1-4 16:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse55ca8f6
New
Canada

Hi all. I can confirm that connecting wheels to RS3 Pro via the DJI -R focus wheel addition (from the original Ronin-S) works. I’ve used both 1A tools Alphawheels and DJI Masterwheels and both work.

I have a question for others out there who have paired this way with regards to using the Tilta Advanced Rear grip. The rear grip connects to both sides of the RS3 Pro, occupying both 8pin connectors on the nato rail. But, at the end of the rear handle it offers the same connections, passing the connection on to the Ronin. When I connect the DJI-R focus wheel to this connection, it gets power, it passes power onto the receiver for the wheels, but the wheels don’t drive the gimbal. Any thoughts as to where the break in the chain could be? In theory everything is being passed through… is there confusion because the rear handle is already functioning as a secondary remote of sorts?
Anyone tried this? Any way around it?

Any help appreciated.
1-4 16:03
Use props
fanse55ca8f6
New
Canada

A few pics of the rear handle build in question
IMG_7658.jpeg
IMG_7659.jpeg
IMG_7660.jpeg
1-4 16:04
Use props
fanse55ca8f6
New
Canada

https://youtube.com/shorts/kTeW7xsu_Uk?si=ccPRq31m9WO9-50g

Video of it all working without the rear handle attached
1-4 16:13
Use props
fanse55ca8f6
New
Canada

I’ve gotten to the bottom of this - Tilta themselves did some testing and it turns out the rear handle, although having the 8 pin connector, does not pass data through. It will pass power, but that’s it.
Such a shame that they didn’t fully deliver on this design… really makes the piece unusable.
1-6 09:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules