DJI RC2 3rd party apps needed
1369 13 1-5 08:22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zuzek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226594 ft
Poland

DJI RC2 have all posibilities for installing 3rd party apps, but dji it's blocking :-/ But, interested fact, pixelsky on rc2 recommend to install me lightcut, but no, dji spit on its users!!!
1-5 08:22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Zuzek. Due to the limitations of DJI RC 2 performance, it is currently impossible to install third-party applications, and there is no open source for installing them. I will forward your feedback to the relevant team. We appreciate your patience.
1-5 21:18
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-5 21:18
Hi, Zuzek. Due to the limitations of DJI RC 2 performance, it is currently impossible to install third-party applications, and there is no open source for installing them. I will forward your feedback to the relevant team. We appreciate your patience.

I believe Zuzek is refering to the RC 2 that has a "powerful processor" and "features improved CPU and GPU performance". Your description of an RC 2 with limitations in performance is quite the opposite of what can be read at www.dji.com/rc-2.
Screenshot 2024-01-05 232614.png

Also, could you expand on what you ment by there is no open source for installing them? For one, this statement makes no sense. Two, the Android OS is most definitely open source. It is not impossible to install 3rd party apps. If it was impossible why would DJI need to block them from installing in the first place? Seems like an unnecessary step to make if it was already impossible.
1-5 22:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-5 22:00
I believe Zuzek is refering to the RC 2 that has a "powerful processor" and "features improved CPU and GPU performance". Your description of an RC 2 with limitations in performance is quite the opposite of what can be read at www.dji.com/rc-2.

Sadly though you can install apps just not if you want to be supported.    Although Ive tried it on mine Ive taken them off again as the performance was terrible.
1-6 02:01
Use props
Zuzek
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 1-5 21:18

Seriosly, you wrote this message on all platforms more than 2 years, and for 2 years you block possibilities to install other android apps! I think Dji RC 2 easily open apps like snapseed or instagram, but no, we listen the fairytales from DJI
1-6 06:49
Use props
Zuzek
lvl.1
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 1-6 02:01
Sadly though you can install apps just not if you want to be supported.    Although Ive tried it on mine Ive taken them off again as the performance was terrible.

How you can install it?
1-6 06:52
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-6 02:01
Sadly though you can install apps just not if you want to be supported.    Although Ive tried it on mine Ive taken them off again as the performance was terrible.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of claiming to have a powerful next-generation CPU and GPU beside the Buy Now button. Then turning around and using it's limited performance as an excuse for now allowing 3rd party apps. If it can run DJI Fly at 60 fps with no issue, it will have no problem running a better file explorer app than what it comes with.
1-6 09:37
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-6 09:37
I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of claiming to have a powerful next-generation CPU and GPU beside the Buy Now button. Then turning around and using it's limited performance as an excuse for now allowing 3rd party apps. If it can run DJI Fly at 60 fps with no issue, it will have no problem running a better file explorer app than what it comes with.

Compared to the RC, it IS a powerful CPU. Compare to a RC Pro, it is STILL a toy, just like the RC!!
1-6 10:57
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zuzek Posted at 1-6 06:52
How you can install it?

I'll PM You.
1-7 00:17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-6 09:37

One thing I found was that you have to add a launcher and then that adds an extra step to flying as you dont just boot directly to the fly app which was actually one of the worst parts of it.  
1-7 00:18
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-7 00:18
One thing I found was that you have to add a launcher and then that adds an extra step to flying as you dont just boot directly to the fly app which was actually one of the worst parts of it.

I have my RC Pro Enterprise set to boot to the home launcher instead of the default Pilot 2. I could see where doing this on the standard RC would be annoying. The time it takes between turning it on to seeing the camera's feed in DJI Fly is already a longer process than I wanted to wait. I still think DJI should give us the choice instead of not. Especially since the RC 2 now has 32 GB of internal storage.  
1-7 09:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-7 09:03
I have my RC Pro Enterprise set to boot to the home launcher instead of the default Pilot 2. I could see where doing this on the standard RC would be annoying. The time it takes between turning it on to seeing the camera's feed in DJI Fly is already a longer process than I wanted to wait. I still think DJI should give us the choice instead of not. Especially since the RC 2 now has 32 GB of internal storage.

Agreed.   they should give a choice for sure.  
1-8 00:59
Use props
Adrien LE COSSEC
New

Mexico

Could you please let me know how to do it also ?
1-27 16:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Adrien LE COSSEC Posted at 1-27 16:33
Could you please let me know how to do it also ?

The method to do this is currently offline,    hopefully the guy hasn't quit on us.  
1-28 06:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules