just flew away
549 22 1-5 13:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
run3kmaol.com
lvl.1
United Kingdom

can someone tell me what went wrong with this flight on the mini 3 pro

i just took off in no real wind and i took it up a bit in the air and it just flew away into neighbours garden.

any help would be great

thanks
1-5 13:36
Use props
camp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sorry i attempted to delete the post as i did not know my personal details get uploaded on txt file
1-5 13:47
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Maybe your drone doesn't like you... Maybe your neighbour is more friendly... DJI drones are a bit like cats... You can feed them, but they are really never yours...

Next time, try to feed him some good information before you let it go...
1-5 13:56
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Don't worry about personal info, upload the log.
1-5 14:25
Use props
camp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-5 14:25
Don't worry about personal info, upload the log.

Flight time        Altitude        Home Dist        Type        Notification
A        00m 46s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Motors Started
B        00m 46s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyAmbient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 1A420BC6). This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyAircraft not in flight. Vision systems and obstacle avoidance disabled (Code: 180059)
C        00m 47s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetySetting new Return-To-Home altitude to 65m (213 ft). This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyData Recorder File Index is 24. This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetySetting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 120m (394 ft)
D        00m 48s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Assisted Takeoff
E        00m 49s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyAmbient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 1A420BC6)
F        00m 49s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to P-GPS
G        00m 49s        1.6 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Detour
H        00m 50s        4.3 ft        0 ft        Tip        This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyHome Point updated (Code: 3000001)
I        00m 53s        20.7 ft        2 ft        Mode        Mode changed to P-GPS
J        00m 59s        4.9 ft        86 ft        Medium Risk        Medium severity, more serious safety impactMotor is Blocked. This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyAmbient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 1A420BC6). Motor stuck. Check for objects blocking motor or contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 30165). Motor unable to rotate. Che
K        00m 59s        1.3 ft        95 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Detour
L        00m 59s        1.3 ft        95 ft        Medium Risk        Medium severity, more serious safety impactMotor is Blocked (repeated 2 times)
M        00m 59s        -12.8 ft        123 ft        Tip        RC signal interference
N        00m 59s        -12.8 ft        123 ft        Medium Risk        Medium severity, more serious safety impactMotor is Blocked. This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyAmbient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 1A420BC6). Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantRemote controller in high interference environment. Manually adjust flight route or return to home (Code: 80014). Motor stuck
O        01m 00s        -18.4 ft        132 ft        Medium Risk        Medium severity, more serious safety impactMotor is Blocked (repeated 9 times)
         01m 01s        -57.4 ft        164 ft        

41% Battery at maximum distance
P        01m 01s        -61.0 ft        164 ft        Medium Risk        Medium severity, more serious safety impactMotor is Blocked. This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyAmbient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 1A420BC6). Motor stuck. Check for objects blocking motor or contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 30165)
Q        01m 02s        -64.0 ft        163 ft        Medium Risk        Medium severity, more serious safety impactMotor is Blocked (repeated 10 times)
R        01m 04s        -57.1 ft        141 ft        Tip        Excessive aircraft rollover time
S        01m 04s        -57.1 ft        141 ft        Medium Risk        Medium severity, more serious safety impactMotor is Blocked. Excessive aircraft rollover time. Restart aircraft and ensure it is level before taking off (Code: 16100064). This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyAmbient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 1A420BC6). Motor stuck. Che
T        01m 04s        -60.0 ft        139 ft        Mode        Mode changed to P-GPS

Jan-5th-2024-04-21PM-Flight-Airdata.rar

8.15 KB, Down times: 5

1-5 14:29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

camp Posted at 1-5 14:29
Flight time        Altitude        Home Dist        Type        Notification
A        00m 46s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Motors Started
B        00m 46s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyAmbient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 1A420BC6). This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyAircraft not in flight. Vision systems and obstacle avoidance disabled (Code: 180059)
That only shows that a crash occurred at 59 seconds, but doesn't help understand how the crash happened.
Post a link to the Airdata report so that the actual data that's necessary to tell what happened can be seen by those who can read flight data.
1-5 14:44
Use props
camp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 1-5 14:44
That only shows that a crash occurred at 59 seconds, but doesn't help understand how the crash happened.
Post a link to the Airdata report so that the actual data that's necessary to tell what happened can be seen by those who can read flight data.

https://app.airdata.com/share/Bjonwt

ah found out how to share with my data sorry
1-5 14:57
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

camp Posted at 1-5 14:57

Up until 55 seconds into the flight, you were hovering close to your launch point, using the left stick to send the drone up to around 25 ft.
There was no horizontal movement until you pulled the right stick fully back for two seconds at 55.2 sec.
You also pulled the left stick down which brought the drone down close to the ground.
This caused the drone to accelerate, reaching 13.1 mph at 57.6 sec.
The drone slowed down after you centred the right stick, but collided with an obstacle shortly after at 58.6 seconds.

It appears that your joystick input caused the acceleration perceived as the drone flying away.

If you are just starting out with drone flying, you should find a larger area where there's no risk of flying into obstacles.
1-5 16:17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, run3kmaol.com. Sorry about what happened to your drone. If it has crashed, we suggest sending it to DJI to get it fixed accordingly. You can submit a repair request on the DJI Official website: https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/index. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Please keep us posted if you need further assistance. Have a great day.
1-5 21:07
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

camp Posted at 1-5 14:57

Hi

Had a look at your log too.

I see only a flighttime of 17 seonds in the log, Airdata shows 15 secs airtime.

See my chart of your data.
From 8.2s to 10.2 seconds aft RC stick input, drone accelerates ofcourse but did not stop when your input was zero.
At 12.0 seconds it flew against an object, see the roll values of your drone in the chart.
I have no idea why your Mini3pro did not stop with zero pitch and roll input.
Do you remember wich heading your drone was on the ground before your takeoff?
Pointing East or West or ?  can you tell a approx heading  ?
It looks like a yaw compass fly away actually.

Did your drone crashed at the postion in my chart ?  so the last part of the data is incorrect!
(btw  had to draw the line higher than it actually flew as last baro height < zero)

cheers
JJB    [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for data and visual flightlog analysis (www.jjbfrap.eu) ]

Analysis1.png
Analysis3.png
1-6 02:17
Use props
camp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 1-6 02:17
Hi

Had a look at your log too.

so the red dot was where i was standing facing the blue dot and the blue dot was where the drone was facing away from me. i took it up in the air a little bit then all of a sudden it just flew off quickly and i attempted to bring it down in the garden hence the downward movement on the joystick. the blue line i drew is where it actually flew and landed so the gps on the map is slightly off.

the drone does not appear damaged from the crash and i have re calibrated the sensors. do you think i need to send it off to DJI. i dont have care refresh and bought it when mini 3 pro first came out
thank you all so much for looking at this
1-6 04:55
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

camp Posted at 1-6 04:55
[view_image]

so the red dot was where i was standing facing the blue dot and the blue dot was where the drone was facing away from me. i took it up in the air a little bit then all of a sudden it just flew off quickly and i attempted to bring it down in the garden hence the downward movement on the joystick. the blue line i drew is where it actually flew and landed so the gps on the map is slightly off.

all of a sudden it just flew off quickly
The time when it "just flew off quickly" coincides exactly with the time when the right stick was pulled fully back and held there for two seconds.

You can see it clearly here.
The pink highlighting shows the right stick movement, blue shows the speed and the bottom line is when the collision occurred.

dd-1.jpg
1-6 05:19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

camp Posted at 1-6 04:55
[view_image]

Hi,

But do you remenber the heading your drone was facing at the ground before takeoff?
As said, look at your data, the moment you released to aft stick (and with no RC pitch/roll input drone should brake) your drone increased speed.It increased speed from 5.2 m/s to 14 m/s....with no RC input!
Only reason for that is a fly away. and just before that small yaw input was given, a trigger for a yaw/compass flyaway.

Normally the heading lines, as in the chart, are equal or almost equal to each other.....not in your log.

Your log starts with 54 seconds, did you started your drone somewhere else and put it, while powered on, to the takeoff position ?

cheers
JJB

Analysis4.png
1-6 05:36
Use props
camp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 1-6 05:36
Hi,

But do you remenber the heading your drone was facing at the ground before takeoff?

looking at the arrow i dont think it was facing the way it says it was facing. i think and im not 100% sure it may have been facing south west ish.

i had not used the drone for a couple of months prior to last nights flight.

i went to a field today and did all the compass recalibration etc and it flew fine

https://app.airdata.com/share/DLJysf

todays data.  one other question on cell 2 why does that go red at times  

and thank you for your help
1-6 06:22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 1-6 05:36
Hi,

your drone increased speed.It increased speed from 5.2 m/s to 14 m/s....with no RC input!
I'm not sure what data you are looking at.
According to the data, the drone never went faster than 5.8 metres/sec before the collision.
If you think the drone was flying at 14 m/s, you might wonder how it managed that while flying upside down at a height of -5.5 metres

Much of the data after the collision is obviously false.
1-6 06:37
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 1-6 06:37
your drone increased speed.It increased speed from 5.2 m/s to 14 m/s....with no RC input!
I'm not sure what data you are looking at.
According to the data, the drone never went faster than 5.8 metres/sec before the collision.

Hi,

True, i looked bit to far, but see the chart.

After relasing stick speed drone did not brake at all, this before it crashed, see where the drone roll attitude goes almost upside down.OP confirmed that the heading was incorrect at take off, typical fly away.

So not a pilot error, with just 2 secs aft input, but fly away pur sang.

According to data    9.4 m/s before crashing.
cheers
JJB

Analysis5.png
1-6 07:12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

camp Posted at 1-6 06:22
looking at the arrow i dont think it was facing the way it says it was facing. i think and im not 100% sure it may have been facing south west ish.

Hi,

Best tip ever....

Always check before each flight the compass heading in the map view bottom left FlyApp.
Map view is by default North Top, so easy to check.

Compare this blue arrow heading with the actual heading, if not the same  do not fly!
Power off drone, reposition drone, power on and check again.

cheers
JJB
1-6 07:15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

camp Posted at 1-6 06:22

Hi,

Nice flight, compass data look oke now.

To get 2 lines on top of each other....

Keep drone stationary not only while powering on, but few seconds after this!
During powering compass and gyros systems are initiated.

See chart for your battery values, no problems at all.

cheers
JJB    [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for data and visual flightlog analysis (www.jjbfrap.eu) ]
Analysis2.png
Analysis1.png
1-6 07:28
Use props
camp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 1-6 07:28
Hi,

Nice flight, compass data look oke now.

thanks for all your input

so i did not do anything wrong apart from not checking compass but i did not cause the crash with my flying.

going from my flight today do you think i need to send my drone off for repair, i don't think i need to as it flew ok today and does not appear damaged in anyway.

i cant thank you guys enough for the time you have taken to look at this for me
1-6 07:42
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

camp Posted at 1-6 07:42
thanks for all your input

so i did not do anything wrong apart from not checking compass but i did not cause the crash with my flying.

Hi

I think your drone had a compass/yaw flyaway, wich is hard to control !
When it happens in a free area try to press the RTH button, seen few cases where this stopped such a fly-away.

So always check your compass before eacht flight, this will prevents a flyway in 99.8%  

I check my batteries each log, Seen many many (not in my logs) batt cell deviations over 200 mVolt, no problems at all.
Only when always for longer period on flight deviation between cells > 200 mVolts...think of getting a new battery.
When it happens short period, during sport full RC input....don`t worry.

Tag your batteries, FRAP keeps track of last flights....so easy to check batt deviation values, see my chart of a MINI4Pro battery

cheers

Analysis1.png
1-6 07:59
Use props
camp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 1-6 07:59
Hi

I think your drone had a compass/yaw flyaway, wich is hard to control !

ive sent you an email about getting your program link thanks
1-6 08:13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 1-6 07:12
Hi,

True, i looked bit to far, but see the chart.

According to data    9.4 m/s before crashing.
Look again
The actual data makes it clear that the crash impact was at 58.6 seconds and the crash velocity was 2.3 metres/sec, which accounts for the lack of damage.
The drone had slowed from 5.8 metre/sec one second earlier.
The incident was operator error with him unaware that he was pulling the right stick back.

Untitled-1.jpg
1-6 14:34
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now