Vertical mapping for Enterprise drones?
429 3 1-5 17:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Langford
lvl.1

Canada

Hi,

Newbie here. I'm a bit shocked and really quite frsutrated that the DJI Pilot 2 app does not allow for vertical mapping missions. I have to ask why? This is an enterprise level drone and an enterprise level requirement,  yet it's deliberately omitted?  

The same can be said for active track or object tracking, where the heck are they??

Why are we forced to go to 3rd party pilot apps such as Dronelink or UgCS to get enterprise level mission planning when it absolutely should be included in the Pilot 2 app? Am I missing something?
1-5 17:37
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320043 ft
Croatia

I asked same question, and requested that feature 1y ago... Still no update...
1-5 22:20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Mike, sorry to say this, and not trying to be rude, but yes, you are missing something.    You want something that DJI does not deliver....software innovation.  They make great drones.  But if you are expecting DJI's hub to be amazing and to have vertical mapping, you are just wasting your valuable time.  Companies like Dronelink have written the software, so you have a valid option.  Buy the tech you want from them and pair it like a fine wine with your drone.   Don't agonize trying make DJI something it just is not.
1-5 23:39
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320043 ft
Croatia

@TonyPHX

This is very simple option to implement.

step 1. Draw perimeter
step 2. Set lowest and highest altitude for mapping
step 3. Set overlap
step 4. Start mapping
step 5. Make sure your drone has clear way

1-11 22:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules