DJI Spark, 2024 in europe, flying it in Darth Vader mode or not?
625 5 1-6 11:39
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello, I just found a topic in a drone forum in europe, that is asking this question:
Is it still possible, to fly the Spark without a remote (phone only) or without phone, (remote only) or  even without a phone, just with gestures?

What category is a Spark in, without remote or without phone or without both?

Thank you, still have 2 of this type. So it may come handy, to know if I can use it as toy or not.
With just the remote, 30m up, 50m away , but near other people and houses and such.
Can I, DJI?
1-6 11:39
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.1
Poland

W Europie (EU) latasz w kategorii A3. Obojętnie czym sterujesz to jest nadal kategoria A3
In Europe (EU) you fly in category A3. No matter what you control, it's still A3
1-6 12:43
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

That is, why I ask this question! Thanks
Without phone connected to the  remote, just remote, just phone, Spark is hardwired to max 50m height, max 100m distance (phone only, afaik), or 30/50 (remote only)
In "Darth Vader" mode it is limited even less, I think. It needs to recognize you ;-)
My hope is, that because of this,  it could be better as A3
Would be still nice, to hear from DJI about this.
1-6 13:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly thats going to be A3 mode.
1-7 00:57
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Spark does not apply for the certification, but you can still fly it in the A3 environment. Have a great day.
1-10 02:03
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks, that is unfortunate!
I was hoping, for the limited use, just with remote/no phone or only with phone, there would be a different option!
But that not even the "very limited" gesture mode got excepted, somehow, that is strange!
1-11 04:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules