Still very bad range!
844 23 1-6 11:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peter_vercauterentelenet.be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4646713 ft
Belgium

I have been reading about bad range problems for a while now and I was wondering if DJI even had a look at the peoples complains. We (police force) use several of the m30t in europe (ce mode) and the range is very important to us. For the moment this causes a lot of problems. My colleagues did a mission this week and after 800 meter’s connection was lost. Our previous drone (m210 v2) easily reached 3km in the same area. Consumer drones go much further than 800 meters so it is totally unacceptable that the m30t loses connection at 800 meters.
There really needs to come a solution with a firmware update because we can not work like this.
Dji please act asap please!
If the pilots can not complete succesfull missions the bosses will not be happy and next time they might decide to leave dji.
1-6 11:50
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

I agree. My M30 is a lot more sensitive to interference from cell towers than my Mavic 3. If I'm within 200 meters of a cell tower, my range drops to around 400 meters while my Mavic 3 easily reaches 900 meters.
If DJI was allowed to access the 4G network in more countries besides China our problems about working in crowded or complex environments, or Search and Rescue, etc., would be reduced.
1-6 16:49
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

State aircraft operators...over 3km with M210 I wonder which measures are set in place to avoid incidents or accidents.
1-7 08:04
Use props
lvl.3
Belgium

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 1-7 08:04
State aircraft operators...over 3km with M210 I wonder which measures are set in place to avoid incidents or accidents.

Keep wondering. Your answer is not contributing anything to the question. All safety measures were taken. You were not there and so can not judge about anything.
1-7 08:25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

peter_vercauterentelenet.be Posted at 1-7 08:25
Keep wondering. Your answer is not contributing anything to the question. All safety measures were taken. You were not there and so can not judge about anything.

In fact, we have the right to judge your irresponsibility.  
This is a public forum, although you may be from the police, your post encourages the average customer to say ok if police do it with DJI drone, why not me!  

It is an incitement to commit punishable acts.  It would be good to ensure the public service mission and to add a small disclaimer which refers to the law in force concerning this type of flight beyond the VLOS.  

No disrespect, but none of this is very serious, Mr. Inspector.

And to answer your question, it's very good that DJI limits the range of its transmission systems, these are "civilian" drones available to the public.  They certainly have interesting functionalities for law enforcement, but they are subject to regulations, CE transmission mode among others...

If you need to fly further and you have the right to do so due to your position, which  I have no doubt, we can only recommend that you access a less public range of drones (therefore not DJI), which use much more efficient TX/RX systems but unfortunately illegal for the rest of us.
1-7 09:05
Use props
Arnaud LRC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333323 ft
Tunisia

À bit harsh response but I totally agree. I hope you at least put some parachutes on these things. Although the range of activation of these parachutes can be limited too (depending on the transmission system, that is)
1-7 12:30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Arnaud LRC Posted at 1-7 12:30
À bit harsh response but I totally agree. I hope you at least put some parachutes on these things. Although the range of activation of these parachutes can be limited too (depending on the transmission system, that is)

Obviously, they don't seem like the type to bother with a parachute or even an FTS.

https://www.hln.be/bornem/geen-concurrent-maar-perfecte-aanvulling-voor-politiehelikopter-politie-van-klein-brabant-neemt-drone-in-gebruik~a9896b23/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2F

What follow is the icing on the cake, we are told that it is to track down traffic violators among other things.
https://www.proximus.be/fr/id_b_cl_drones_extra_eyes_police/entreprises-et-secteur-public/news/news-blog/inspiration/drones-yeux-supplementaires-police.html

I haven't gone back very far but I don't see any NOTAM in the region mentioning a state UAS in progress at least for this week.
https://ops.skeyes.be/opersite/notamsummary.do?cmd=summaryToHtml

And then they come and tell us, please move around, there is nothing to see, security is at its maximum. "Keep wondering"...

I'm going to do the safety reminder because obviously that's not on the agenda. BVLOS can be carried out under particular conditions, which firstly are subject to declaration, but above all which require coordination. Don't forget that between the ground and 120m you can encounter anything. SAR helicopter that can emerge from anywhere at any time... Especially near a large city like Brussels.
Fly safe !

Edit : At the end of the article they are prudent enough to write “Indeed, unlike amateur drone pilots, we are authorized to fly outside the visual field, even at night.”
Okay, that's a good start.
1-7 13:30
Use props
lvl.3
Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-7 13:30
Obviously, they don't seem like the type to bother with a parachute or even an FTS.

https://www.hln.be/bornem/geen-concurrent-maar-perfecte-aanvulling-voor-politiehelikopter-politie-van-klein-brabant-neemt-drone-in-gebruik~a9896b23/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2F

That’s very nice you looked that up. Let me tell you the most important thing that maybe none of you knows.
There is such a thing like the EU regulation for all drone users that needs to be respected at all times.
But state operators have their own regulation to follow and the only thing that’s common in our regulation and the EU regulation is the maximum height of 400 ft.
For the rest the EU regulation is NOT applicable for state operators.  Becoming state operator requires a special training. This training takes several weeks and includes Bvlos training and night flying. I would not ask a question here knowing we are doing things that are not legal.
So yes, for us the short transmission is a problem that needs to be solved. It did not exist with our previous rpas.
You also mentioned we are close to Brussels. About 40 km away to be exact. If we fly in controlled airspace we are always in contact with skeyes because safety also is our main concern. Hope this clarifies a bit.
1-7 21:45
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

peter_vercauterentelenet.be Posted at 1-7 21:45
That’s very nice you looked that up. Let me tell you the most important thing that maybe none of you knows.
There is such a thing like the EU regulation for all drone users that needs to be respected at all times.
But state operators have their own regulation to follow and the only thing that’s common in our regulation and the EU regulation is the maximum height of 400 ft.
Well, it's done and it wasn't complicated.  It's still better than the answer you gave to AR_precision. Now everyone is warned.  Thank you, Officer.  

To return to the initial subject, i recommend that you consult companies such as Hexa drone, or delair, which are manufacturers.  And Abot which is a supplier.  They will certainly have solutions more suited to your needs than DJI's "toys" in term of range. And also much more responsive technical support.

https://www.hexadrone.fr/
https://delair.aero/
https://www.abot.fr/

And NOTAMs are always very appreciated for those who don't have your privileges ;)
1-7 22:54
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

peter_vercauterentelenet.be Posted at 1-7 21:45
But state operators have their own regulation to follow and the only thing that’s common in our regulation and the EU regulation is the maximum height of 400 ft.

Is Wifi deactivated? Maybe interferences?
1-7 23:29
Use props
fanse9a1f53c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1837221 ft
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-7 09:05
In fact, we have the right to judge your irresponsibility.  
This is a public forum, although you may be from the police, your post encourages the average customer to say ok if police do it with DJI drone, why not me!  

Resta il fatto che il range dell m 30 fa veramente pena..parliamo di un drone da 15 mila euro nn dimenticatelo
1-10 06:41
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

fanse9a1f53c Posted at 1-10 06:41
Resta il fatto che il range dell m 30 fa veramente pena..parliamo di un drone da 15 mila euro nn dimenticatelo

M30 is the drone model, not the drone range of 30m.
1-10 07:18
Use props
fanse9a1f53c
lvl.2
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-10 07:18
M30 is the drone model, not the drone range of 30m.

non fai ridere..
1-12 06:50
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2627959 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes I'm also thinking of leaving dji cause of the m30t signal it is basically useless in most environments and I looked at Autel evo max 4t drone which doesn't have these signal problems
1-12 09:57
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

If you really need to conduct surveillance flights id recommended buying an Autel evo max 4t as in can easily get it 6-8km in environments with interference or wait for the new Autel alpha, I'm in the process of selling my m30t for the Autel max 4t since there isn't anyway to fix the signal DJI is a great company but they failed with the signal which is one of the most important things about the product.
1-13 08:32
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AmazingUser22 Posted at 1-13 08:32
If you really need to conduct surveillance flights id recommended buying an Autel evo max 4t as in can easily get it 6-8km in environments with interference or wait for the new Autel alpha, I'm in the process of selling my m30t for the Autel max 4t since there isn't anyway to fix the signal DJI is a great company but they failed with the signal which is one of the most important things about the product.

What is this recommendation based on?  personal experience or video on the internet?
1-13 09:23
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-13 09:23
What is this recommendation based on?  personal experience or video on the internet?

Internet and reviews I'll be purchasing one after I sell my m30t I'll keep you updated
1-13 09:32
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AmazingUser22 Posted at 1-13 09:32
Internet and reviews I'll be purchasing one after I sell my m30t I'll keep you updated

I see.
Unfortunately we don't all use the same transmission system. If the reviewer, (for those who are honest which is not so easy to find), has done his test in FCC, then in CE it risks being different.
1-13 11:20
Use props
GFSchiff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 540591 ft

Germany

Our fire department drone (Matrice M30 T) also has the problems already mentioned with poor reception. We can also confirm that the problems have only existed for about half a year.
In previous training areas with good reception, this is now very poor!
If we remove the HDMI cable from the remote control, the reception improves slightly, but this is not even remotely comparable to the reception before.
If DJI has deliberately changed the firmware so that the range is so massively limited compared to before, I would at least expect corresponding information.
In comparison, a DJI Mini 3 has a range that is several times better.
With a drone that costs 9,000 euros, I expect a certain amount of support for problems like this!
There is already another post on this topic: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=299205
1-14 09:45
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-13 11:20
I see.
Unfortunately we don't all use the same transmission system. If the reviewer, (for those who are honest which is not so easy to find), has done his test in FCC, then in CE it risks being different.

I did a test on top of a mountain with nothing blocking the drone just straight and the drone lost signal at around 3-4km this is extremely disappointing since my old mavic 3 was able to get  9km where there were trees this is a massive downgrade from any dji enterprise drone this is the reason I'm selling it the dji dongle does not work for me either I tried a signal extender which didn't do anything, if dji doesn't make any change like adding 4g or making new antennas or a firmware update
1-15 12:30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AmazingUser22 Posted at 1-15 12:30
I did a test on top of a mountain with nothing blocking the drone just straight and the drone lost signal at around 3-4km this is extremely disappointing since my old mavic 3 was able to get  9km where there were trees this is a massive downgrade from any dji enterprise drone this is the reason I'm selling it the dji dongle does not work for me either I tried a signal extender which didn't do anything, if dji doesn't make any change like adding 4g or making new antennas or a firmware update

Once again, for civil applications, if you need to go beyond VLOS there are drones which are made for this and which meet standards which allow this to be done.  And to go even further I think you have to be reasonable, if you have to send a drone 9km away, you should perhaps seriously consider manned aircraft.
1-15 12:42
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-15 12:42
Once again, for civil applications, if you need to go beyond VLOS there are drones which are made for this and which meet standards which allow this to be done.  And to go even further I think you have to be reasonable, if you have to send a drone 9km away, you should perhaps seriously consider manned aircraft.

Yes there is only one problem a UAS vtol costs over 70k USD and you need to sign an NDA when purchasing it is very complicated to purchase one
1-15 19:24
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Anything new from DJI Enterprise about your issue?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 521&pid=3231430
1-24 03:26
Use props
fanse9a1f53c
lvl.2
Italy

peter_vercauterentelenet.be Posted at 1-7 08:25

Ottima risposta!
1-26 06:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules