DJI AIR 2S SUDDENLY SHUTS DOWN AND DROPS MIDAIR
689 20 1-7 02:27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ptah22
lvl.1

Kenya

Hello Guys,

I have had a DJi Air 2S for a year now. I didn't use it much but was planning to start creating travle content with it. However, it has develped an issue where whn hovering, it just shuts down and drops from the sky, then when on the ground it restarts. This has happened a few times, and I have tested it. When giving it inputs like pitch roll, yaw etc, the drone works fine, but hover for a few minutes without doing anything and the drone comes down like a rock, and it has been damaged a few times due to this. I sent DJI the logs and aircrat boody data and they claimed that they can't see any issues. I have tried calibration and the batteries look okay. What could be the issue?

PS: Someone is selling a used DJI Mini 2 and I was considering getting it but I want to know if My Air 2S can be fixed. Any advice will be highly appreciated
1-7 02:27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. May I know is there any error message when you flying?
Since you mentioned you have contacted with our service support before, you could please provide us the ticket number and we will help you to further check on it. Thanks.
1-7 03:06
Use props
ptah22
lvl.1

Kenya

DJI Thor Posted at 1-7 03:06
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. May I know is there any error message when you flying?
Since you mentioned you have contacted with our service support before, you could please provide us the ticket number and we will help you to further check on it. Thanks.

CAS-15307487-F9R5Y1,
1-7 03:12
Use props
ptah22
lvl.1

Kenya

DJI Thor Posted at 1-7 03:06
Since you mentioned you have contacted with our service support before, you could please provide us the ticket number and we will help you to further check on it. Thanks.

There is no error message. It just shuts down and falls then restarts once on the ground.
1-7 03:13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ptah22 Posted at 1-7 03:13
There is no error message. It just shuts down and falls then restarts once on the ground.

Understand. Thank you for your reply. We will check with our relevant team first. Thanks.
1-7 03:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your recorded flight data might help find the cause of the incident.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site.
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary here or just post the .txt file.
1-7 13:04
Use props
ptah22
lvl.1

Kenya

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 13:04
Your recorded flight data might help find the cause of the incident.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Here is a google docs link to the flight records - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BrqG_nw-4__86K2YECIApKDhmWpJpLXL?usp=sharing
1-7 15:49
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ptah22 Posted at 1-7 15:49
Here is a google docs link to the flight records - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BrqG_nw-4__86K2YECIApKDhmWpJpLXL?usp=sharing

Hi there, we have found the e-mail record. After communicating with our relevant team, they will give you an update you soon. Please stay alert to the e-mail. If you have further need, please feel free to let us know.
1-8 02:38
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Air 2s produces readable DATs, if you still have the DATs for those flight can you upload them to Google drive and make their page public. These might include board temperatures.
If you sync'ed your logs with DJI then the DATs have probably been deleted.
If you have no DATs switch syncing off until you have a flight in which the problem re-occurs then upload etc. the DAT flight log.

1-9 01:09
Use props
ptah22
lvl.1

Kenya

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-9 01:09
The Air 2s produces readable DATs, if you still have the DATs for those flight can you upload them to Google drive and make their page public.
If you sync'ed your logs with DJI then the DATs have probably been deleted.

IF you mean the McDat files, they are in the Google Docs I shared earlier. Here is a link to the specific DAT files

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EB7-D1IivXtnKImgKfrpPhViyZw0YrGP?usp=sharing
1-9 01:19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ptah22 Posted at 1-9 01:19
IF you mean the McDat files, they are in the Google Docs I shared earlier. Here is a link to the specific DAT files

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EB7-D1IivXtnKImgKfrpPhViyZw0YrGP?usp=sharing

Ahhh sorry I missed the folder.
Thanks.
1-9 01:59
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ptah22 Posted at 1-7 15:49

Hi,

Wich log is a log in wich it hovers and drops down, and on the ground restarts again ?

cheers
JJB
1-9 02:28
Use props
ptah22
lvl.1

Kenya

Sorry. I'm not sure, but I downloaded the logs of all the flights I did around that time. It was only one flight
1-9 03:05
Use props
ptah22
lvl.1

Kenya

JJB* Posted at 1-9 02:28
Hi,

Wich log is a log in wich it hovers and drops down, and on the ground restarts again ?

Sorry. I'm not sure, but I downloaded the logs of all the flights I did around that time. It was only one flight
1-9 03:05
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ptah22 Posted at 1-9 03:05
Sorry. I'm not sure, but I downloaded the logs of all the flights I did around that time. It was only one flight

oke, if you don`t know wich log....how do i know wich log to read ?

cheers
JJB
1-9 03:16
Use props
ptah22
lvl.1

Kenya

JJB* Posted at 1-9 03:16
oke, if you don`t know wich log....how do i know wich log to read ?

cheers

These are trhe details of the flight if they'll help

1. The aircraft worked under Sport mode;
2. Flight Time T=14:20, Relative Height H=2 m, Distance to Home Point D=4.2 m, the aircraft entered into ActiveTrack mode;
3.T=15:03, H=2 m, D=3 m, the record ended;
4. The last coordinate: -0.4149697, 35.2367696
1-9 03:46
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As far as I can see only _2023-10-08_[18-20-42] is truly questionable with the log ending with the drone in mid air.
The other appear to show descents in response to either the throttle being closed or the drone being in the auto landing phase of an RTH

1-9 03:58
Use props
ptah22
lvl.1

Kenya

Thank you for checking. Yeah, that's what happened. The drone just dropped midair so it has to be that log
1-9 04:01
Use props
ptah22
lvl.1

Kenya

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-9 03:58
As far as I can see only _2023-10-08_[18-20-42] is truly questionable with the log ending with the drone in mid air.
The other appear to show descents in response to either the throttle being closed or the drone being in the auto landing phase of an RTH
[view_image]

Thank you for checking. Yeah, that's what happened. The drone just dropped midair so it has to be that log
1-9 04:02
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you look at the csv of the flight log  DJIFlightRecord_2023-10-08_[18-20-42].txt and the columns entitled "BATTERY.current [A]" and  "OSD.isMotorOn", their last entries are "FALSE" and 1.774 respectively. To me that suggests that the drone stopped its motors in midair
I would suggest that you post the thread and the logs DJIFlightRecord_2023-10-08_[18-20-42].txt and 2023-10-08_[18-20-27]_FLY047.DAT over on MavicPilots, in the crash section https://mavicpilots.com/forums/crash-flyaway-assistance.85/ and see what BudWalker, slup or sar104 can make of them.
The DAT strikes me as odd since DATs normally contain motor speeds but your DAT and several other Air 2S DATs do not.
1-9 09:09
Use props
ptah22
lvl.1

Kenya

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-9 09:09
If you look at the csv of the flight log  DJIFlightRecord_2023-10-08_[18-20-42].txt and the columns entitled "BATTERY.current [A]" and  "OSD.isMotorOn", their last entries are "FALSE" and 1.774 respectively. To me that suggests that the drone stopped its motors in midair
I would suggest that you post the thread and the logs DJIFlightRecord_2023-10-08_[18-20-42].txt and 2023-10-08_[18-20-27]_FLY047.DAT over on MavicPilots, in the crash section https://mavicpilots.com/forums/crash-flyaway-assistance.85/ and see what BudWalker, slup or sar104 can make of them.
The DAT strikes me as odd since DATs normally contain motor speeds but your DAT and several other Air 2S DATs do not.

Thank you very much for your help. I have posted on MavicPilots
1-9 10:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules