DJI Mini 3 Pro disconnected mid-flight during quick shot and not RTH
460 9 1-7 06:27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dansleek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18238 ft
Vietnam

I was flying using Quick Shot's Circle and the drone disconnected midway and did not RTH.

I read through the forum, and just uploaded the flight log here.
Flight log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/7OAOOEU0MXF4M4ER8T3J/#

After looking at the log, I thought it might have hit the mountain during Quick Short's circle mode and crashed.
But i checked the mountain height can't be more than 50 meters and the drone was circling at 64 meters.

Please let me know if you have any insights.

I was flying a dji spark for over 5 years wihtout any problems and finally upgraded to a mini 3 pro recently.

It is only my 2nd flight with this drone I'm devastated with this experience

1-7 06:27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at yourflightlog.

Flying Quickshot at 63.8 meters above your takeoff position.
When i look at googlemaps then the 'mountan' is only 15 meter higher than your position.

Last record shows that the bottem IR height sensors measured a height of 6.6 meter, all records before that no height measurements.
Are there any high poles on the hill ?

Normally for 99.9% drone will return to home with a 'normal' disconnect, so as it did not return to home. Must have hit something there.
No side sensors on a Mini3pro!

cheers
JJB
Analysis2.png
1-7 12:32
Use props
dansleek
lvl.1
Vietnam

hey thanks for taking a look at it. I don't see any poles on the mountain actually.

How do you get the height of the mountain from google map?
Do you reckon it likely hit the mountain by the side and just dropped down?
1-7 16:54
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the mishap that happened. May I confirm if you managed to retrieve the aircraft or if it was lost after the incident? In case the drone is lost after the said incidents, we encourage you to contact us at www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) Rest assured that your case will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation.
1-7 22:30
Use props
dansleek
lvl.1
Vietnam

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 22:30
Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the mishap that happened. May I confirm if you managed to retrieve the aircraft or if it was lost after the incident? In case the drone is lost after the said incidents, we encourage you to contact us at www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) Rest assured that your case will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation.

hello thanks for replying.

I am not able to retrieve the drone and lost it.
As it was during a day trip without a computer, I could not access the flight data.

I have contacted them already, and will hope to come to a resolution soon..
1-8 01:48
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

dansleek Posted at 1-7 16:54
hey thanks for taking a look at it. I don't see any poles on the mountain actually.

How do you get the height of the mountain from google map?

Hi

In GE draw a line and check mark height profile line (nu clue how its called as i use dutch languange in GE)

I draw a line form the road over the hill....assuming that height at homepoint positioning is the same road height.

cheers
JJB
Analysis3.png
1-8 02:01
Use props
dansleek
lvl.1
Vietnam

JJB* Posted at 1-8 02:01
Hi

In GE draw a line and check mark height profile line (nu clue how its called as i use dutch languange in GE)

ah i see! appreciate your time in replying to this.

Yes it was on the same level as the position i flew the drone from.
1-8 02:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dansleek Posted at 1-8 01:48
hello thanks for replying.

I am not able to retrieve the drone and lost it.

Thank you for your update and sorry about what happened. Please let us know if you need any assistance. Rest assured that your case will be handled accordingly.
1-11 04:05
Use props
dansleek
lvl.1
Singapore

dansleek Posted at 1-8 02:11
ah i see! appreciate your time in replying to this.

Yes it was on the same level as the position i flew the drone from.

thank you admin.

I just went to my local store and the manager will submit it to the HQ for further investigation.

waiting on it now..
I hope to hear a favorable response from them.

if not, would you be able to help from your side here?
1-11 21:03
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dansleek Posted at 1-11 21:03
thank you admin.

I just went to my local store and the manager will submit it to the HQ for further investigation.

Thank you for responding. Please know that the investigation will be conducted by our corresponding team, and the result will be based on your flight records and details generated by the aircraft. Any concerns related to your ongoing case, you may keep us posted or contact us at www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) for immediate assistance.
1-12 00:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules