496 44 1-7 08:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Documenting a New Highway Ready to Open.

DJI_0086.00_07_47_06.Still019.jpg
1-7 08:37
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot Charlie.    No doubt the daily commuters will love when that new highway opens up.  
1-7 09:02
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 09:02
Great shot Charlie.    No doubt the daily commuters will love when that new highway opens up.

tt was fun flying over a road that has no cars on it.
1-7 09:33
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 09:02
Great shot Charlie.    No doubt the daily commuters will love when that new highway opens up.

Thank You.
1-7 09:40
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Easing pressure on the infrastructure?  Nice shot.
1-7 09:48
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-7 09:48
Easing pressure on the infrastructure?  Nice shot.

Thanks, The blue building on the left is the U.S. Postal Service. They sent security out while we were flying to visit us. It was interesting.
1-7 09:51
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 09:51
Thanks, The blue building on the left is the U.S. Postal Service. They sent security out while we were flying to visit us. It was interesting.

A subtle choice of the word "interesting"
1-7 10:31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-7 10:31
A subtle choice of the word "interesting"

It was actually a good experience. We were just finishing up. As I was pulling away they came up with lights and sirens. Usually I am apprehensive except that we were doing work for a state contractor. We had their plans and paperwork, which I offered to present but when they heard we weren't joyriding, they were happy and didn't eve want to see it. They told us to have a nice day and we did. There is something satisfying about when an official comes by to stop you and they can't
1-7 10:48
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 10:48
It was actually a good experience. We were just finishing up. As I was pulling away they cam up with lights and sirens. Usually I am apprehensive except that we were doing work for a state contractor. We had their plans and paperwork, which I offered to present but when they heard we weren't joyriding, they were happy and didn't eve want to see it. They told us to have a nice day and we did. There is something satisfying about when an official comes by to stop you and they can't

Amen to that!  
1-7 11:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 09:33
tt was fun flying over a road that has no cars on it.

I bet it was.  Would also be great to be the first car to drive on the new road.  
1-7 12:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

My pleasure.  Still trying to stay dry here today as the rain has been relentless.  
1-7 12:33
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 12:32
I bet it was.  Would also be great to be the first car to drive on the new road.

It would. But i'm sure the contractors have been all over it already.
1-7 13:03
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 12:33
My pleasure.  Still trying to stay dry here today as the rain has been relentless.

Same here. I thought I would get a break and get out and the rain has started up again.
1-7 13:05
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 13:05
Same here. I thought I would bet a break and get out and the rain has started up again.

Have you had a mix of rain and snow or just rain?
1-7 13:42
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 13:42
Have you had a mix of rain and snow or just rain?

rain and sleet
1-7 13:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one Charles.   
1-8 01:17
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Nice to use a new road with out the potholes
1-8 03:01
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Codgerzh2 Posted at 1-8 03:01
Nice to use a new road with out the potholes

Yes, even if it's for a little while.
1-8 05:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

No doubt that makes for some nasty driving.  
1-8 05:33
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-8 05:33
No doubt that makes for some nasty driving.

Yes, Just sat home for the most part.
1-8 05:57
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-8 05:57
Yes, Just sat home for the most part.

Probably the safest thing to do.  Not worth getting out in that mess unless you had to.
1-8 06:58
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-8 06:58
Probably the safest thing to do.  Not worth getting out in that mess unless you had to.

Last time I went out in questionable air I was challenged by the FAA. So erring on the conservative side.
1-8 07:31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-8 07:31
Last time I went out in questionable air I was challenged by the FAA. So erring on the conservative side.

Yeah, not worth getting fined or losing your 107 license.  
1-8 08:00
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-8 08:00
Yeah, not worth getting fined or losing your 107 license.

That's for sure.
1-8 09:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I see where a pilot in the UK just got fined for crashing his DJI Mini onto the stage at a concert.  He got off light with only a fine and community service.  I didn't see if they confiscated his drone.  
1-9 08:49
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 08:49
I see where a pilot in the UK just got fined for crashing his DJI Mini onto the stage at a concert.  He got off light with only a fine and community service.  I didn't see if they confiscated his drone.

What about the pilot that crashed into the helicopter last week? $60,000 in damage
1-9 08:53
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-7 09:51
Thanks, The blue building on the left is the U.S. Postal Service. They sent security out while we were flying to visit us. It was interesting.

Hey Charlie, that is a great shot. Glad the postal authorities didn't give you a hard time. It was a miracle you did not get hassled by them.
1-9 08:56
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cacike47 Posted at 1-9 08:56
Hey Charlie, that is a great shot. Glad the postal authorities didn't give you a hard time. It was a miracle you did not get hassled by them.

They were polite and friendly. We had the paperwork to back it up but they didn't bother to look at it.
1-9 09:03
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-9 09:03
They were polite and friendly. We had the paperwork to back it up but they didn't bother to look at it.

That's the way to do it and I know you would be prepared for something like that but you know as well
as most of us that some authorities do not know anything about drones or FAA airspace regulations.
Thankfully, I have not had any "visits" but I have heard some horror stories.  
1-9 09:11
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cacike47 Posted at 1-9 09:11
That's the way to do it and I know you would be prepared for something like that but you know as well
as most of us that some authorities do not know anything about drones or FAA airspace regulations.
Thankfully, I have not had any "visits" but I have heard some horror stories.

I think these guys were happy to have a reason not to do anything. I'm thankful.
1-9 09:37
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-9 08:53
What about the pilot that crashed into the helicopter last week? $60,000 in damage

Unbelievable the behavior of some of the drone community, it contines to perpetuate the bad reputation that drones have
1-9 09:53
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-9 08:53

Yeah, I saw that.  The drone was operating at 180' and he had proper clearance from ATC.  Going to be interesting to see what comes of the investigation by the NTSB and the FAA.  
1-9 10:02
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 10:02
Yeah, I saw that.  The drone was operating at 180' and he had proper clearance from ATC.  Going to be interesting to see what comes of the investigation by the NTSB and the FAA.

His reason was he didn't see the helicopter, he looked down at his controller and they collided.  They are both at fault. It happens. That's why I try not to fly alone in controlled airspace. I listen for aircraft. When I hear it I ask the visual observer to spot it while i'm coming down and closer, but it can happen to anyone.
1-9 13:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-9 13:09
His reason was he didn't see the helicopter, he looked down at his controller and they collided.  They are both at fault. It happens. That's why I try not to fly alone in controlled airspace. I listen for aircraft. When I hear it I ask the visual observer to spot it while i'm coming down and closer, but it can happen to anyone.

Seems somewhat reliable leaks have helo in violation of his planned flight altitude.  More to come on this I'm sure.  
1-10 02:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 02:55
Seems somewhat reliable leaks have helo in violation of his planned flight altitude.  More to come on this I'm sure.

Oh, I'm sure they're both wrong. The Heli was at 180 ft. but he was in controlled airspace. At 180 ft, how could you not hear a helicopter unless your drone was out of VLOS? For an accident to happen two people have to be misguided.
1-10 06:18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-10 06:18
Oh, I'm sure they're both wrong. The Heli was at 180 ft. but he was in controlled airspace. At 180 ft, how could you not hear a helicopter unless your drone was out of VLOS? For an accident to happen two people have to be misguided.

Latest leak indicates there were several witnesses to the incident.  Seems the heli made a hard turn just before running into the drone.  You're right though about being able to hear the noise of the heli and not lowering his altitude.  Seems many who are not in the know and not waiting for the full investigation are prejudging the drone pilot and giving the heli pilot a free pass.  
1-11 03:46
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-11 03:46
Latest leak indicates there were several witnesses to the incident.  Seems the heli made a hard turn just before running into the drone.  You're right though about being able to hear the noise of the heli and not lowering his altitude.  Seems many who are not in the know and not waiting for the full investigation are prejudging the drone pilot and giving the heli pilot a free pass.

But the funny thing is when I here a helicopter I drop down to below 200. He was. It should be interesting to hear the findings. You never know which direction a Helicopter will go.
1-11 04:53
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-11 04:53
But the funny thing is when I here a helicopter I drop down to below 200. He was. It should be interesting to hear the findings. You never know which direction a Helicopter will go.

Especially in my location.  We have Navy, Coast Guard and ICE Air Operations flying overhead quite regularly, at a low altitude and hauling butt.  AS these aircraft are conducting operations related to homeland security, law enforcement, national defense and intelligence that could be compromised by transmitting real-time aircraft position information they are permitted to disable ADS-B transmissions after obtaining proper authorization from the FAA.  So they can sneak up on a drone pilot super fast.  
1-11 14:19
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-11 14:19
Especially in my location.  We have Navy, Coast Guard and ICE Air Operations flying overhead quite regularly, at a low altitude and hauling butt.  AS these aircraft are conducting operations related to homeland security, law enforcement, national defense and intelligence that could be compromised by transmitting real-time aircraft position information they are permitted to disable ADS-B transmissions after obtaining proper authorization from the FAA.  So they can sneak up on a drone pilot super fast.

It's dangerous but necessary. That's why restricted military zones can be scary too.
1-11 14:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 1-11 14:32
It's dangerous but necessary. That's why restricted military zones can be scary too.

Very true but many times they are flying outside of restricted military zones.  I guess they justify it by saying we need to get out to see to chase a drug smuggling boat or whatever excuse they are using for that day.  I've even had a few lift flight helis come by and they are NOT squawking ADS-B either.  
1-11 14:43
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules