180 and horizontal RAW file panos using 3x camera
409 6 1-7 22:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9XParhqp9pZX
lvl.2

Australia

Hi there,

I have been trying to get my Mavic 3 Pro to shoot 180 degree and horizontal panoramas using the 3x lens.  I specifically want to do this using RAW files.  I'm also not interested in having the drone compile the panoramas, as I always do this later anyway using other software.

However, whenever I set the drone to shoot a 180 degree or horizontal pano, it automatically shifts to the Hasselblad lens.  Am I missing something?  How can I get it to shoot this with the 3x lens.

I have no interest at this stage in doing this with the 7x lens; and also not interested in shooting the 360 degree spherical panos.

Is this possible please?

Many thanks...
1-7 22:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists? If you still experience the same issue, please provide us with the exact firmware version you are using so we can check it further. In addition, the original pano photos can be set to RAW format in the APP, but the final pano photo only supports JPEG mode, and RAW format is not supported for the time being. The original photos can only be set to JPG or RAW format, which cannot be set to J+R format.
1-9 03:08
Use props
Ed Hurst
lvl.2

Australia

Many thanks for your reply.  Much appreciated.  It's late at night here, so I'll have to run the update and tests tomorrow - but I'll report back once I have.

Just to make sure I am understanding, are you saying that (with the latest firmware installed) it should be possible to do horizontal and 180-degree panos using the 70mm camera (i.e. the 3x lens)?  And that, though the assembled panorama is produced as a JPG, the camera will shoot and store the individual images as RAW files (if I set it to do so) and therefore I can get those RAWs and compile my own pano from them later?  That's certainly possible when I shoot panos on the wide angle (Hasselblad) camera, so I assume it should be possible if the 3x camera can be used for horizontal and 180-degree panos.

All the best...
1-9 04:31
Use props
Ed Hurst
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-9 03:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists? If you still experience the same issue, please provide us with the exact firmware version you are using so we can check it further. In addition, the original pano photos can be set to RAW format in the APP, but the final pano photo only supports JPEG mode, and RAW format is not supported for the time being. The original photos can only be set to JPG or RAW format, which cannot be set to J+R format.

Hi there,

So, I have made sure that I am running the latest firmware, and have tested the behaviour of the drone today.  I can report that it will allow me to shoot a pano using the 3x (70mm) camera, but only a 360 degree panorama.  It will not permit me to do so for any other types of pano (e.g. 180 degree or wide angle panos).  The functionality will allow me to shoot the 360 pano using RAW files - which is great.
I guess I can just use the 360 functionality, then select only the RAWs that I require for the 180 degree or wide angle pano that I want, but it does seem like a pity to have to shoot a large number of extra shots I don't need.  It uses up time, battery life and card space.
It sounds, from what you say, that this is the intended behaviour with the current firmware.  Could feedback/request please be passed on that it would be great to permit use of the 3x (70mm) camera to do all of the pano types?  Also, to combine all pano functionalities (with both the Hasselblad and the 3x cameras) with AEB, so that we can produce matching panos with bracketed exposures?
Many thanks,
Ed
1-10 21:25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ed Hurst Posted at 1-10 21:25
Hi there,

So, I have made sure that I am running the latest firmware, and have tested the behaviour of the drone today.  I can report that it will allow me to shoot a pano using the 3x (70mm) camera, but only a 360 degree panorama.  It will not permit me to do so for any other types of pano (e.g. 180 degree or wide angle panos).  The functionality will allow me to shoot the 360 pano using RAW files - which is great.

Hello, Ed. We appreciate your feedback. We will gather this concern of yours as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a wonderful day ahead!
1-11 22:48
Use props
NYC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20169501 ft
United States

Ed Hurst Posted at 1-10 21:25
Hi there,

So, I have made sure that I am running the latest firmware, and have tested the behaviour of the drone today.  I can report that it will allow me to shoot a pano using the 3x (70mm) camera, but only a 360 degree panorama.  It will not permit me to do so for any other types of pano (e.g. 180 degree or wide angle panos).  The functionality will allow me to shoot the 360 pano using RAW files - which is great.

Thanks for reporting back with this Ed. Very cool you can shoot a 360 with the 70mm lens and get raw files. I'd be looking for only the files to create a 180 or lesser pano too. Thx again!
1-14 02:52
Use props
Ed Hurst
lvl.2

Australia

panovolo Posted at 1-14 05:15
This is not the best solution though as shooting 360 takes a very long time and wastes battery and card space. Time is a problem because a long shooting session greatly increases the chance of something moving and causing problems with stitching later. We really need a choice of panorama modes in the drone itself.

--

Yes, I MASSIVELY feel that we should have a choice of all the pano modes with the 3x camera; I see no reason why it should be limited to the 360 degree pano.  And also would like all the panos (with both the 1x and the 3x cameras) to be capable of being shot with AEB as well.  That would be a great feature.

As for movement affecting stitching, of course that can happen, especially if you're fairly close to the subject.  I do find that PTGui (my stitching program of choice) copes very well with slight positional anomalies very well, but it's naturally better if they don't exist.  My main concern though is the time, battery and card space wasted by needlessly shooting a 360 pano when it's not wanted.

Thanks all,
Ed
1-14 13:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules