Flying in Europe
941 13 1-7 22:16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cgallstar02
lvl.1

United States

I was seeing today about the new Remote ID laws for EU countries that took effect Jan 1st this year. I'm from USA but planning some trips to Europe later this year and am wondering if my Mavic 3 Pro will still be able to take off and function normally if I do not have a remote operator ID from the EU?
1-7 22:16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

The drone will be able to operate, however you are obligated to register and take the A1/A3 online exam to be able to use the drone.  And therefore to obtain a remote pilot identifier.
1-7 23:08
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just remember the Mavic 3 Pro is a C2 drone and would need to fly A3 airspace unless you also take the A2CofC exam.
1-8 01:38
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I'm in Europe, completed the exam through German's LBA and got the A1/A3 document as a PDF, however I haven't received the identifier number, how do you obtain it?
1-8 04:35
Use props
cgallstar02
lvl.1

United States

Yaros1 Posted at 1-8 04:35
I'm in Europe, completed the exam through German's LBA and got the A1/A3 document as a PDF, however I haven't received the identifier number, how do you obtain it?

From what I've read so far, you have to apply for it online... the process is slightly different for each country. For American's I read that it is best to do it through Ireland. Regardless of what country you do it through, it seems to be applicable to all EU countries.
1-8 12:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there. If the current flight area requires Remote ID compliance and the product has a Remote ID for the area, then a Remote ID is available. When a product supports the Remote ID function in Europe, it does not necessarily support the function in other regions; Remote ID function support in different regions requires special firmware. The availability of a Remote ID is not related to the sales location of the product but to the GPS location and Remote ID firmware. For policies and regulations, please go to the corresponding national regulation publication platform, which varies from country to country. For EU countries, they are generally available at www.easa.europa.eu. Hope this helps.
1-9 02:57
Use props
Scotty59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1178 ft
Germany

Hello, if you have done A1/A3 exam, you should have registered an LBA account before. So when you log in on this site: LBA you find your account dashboard. In the first line you will find your name, the "Fernpiloten-ID" (this is the one on your A1/A3 certificate) and the "UAS-Betreiber-Nummer (e-ID)". This e-ID without the last 3 digits has to be visible on your drone. If you have a C0 drone (e.g. DJI Mini 4 Pro) your done. You don't have a remote id for C0 drones. For the C1 or C2 drones (e.g. DJI Mavic 3 Pro)  you have to enter the e-ID with the last 3 digits on the info tab. If registered successfully the secret last 3 digits will be masked and won't be transmitted. What a C2 drone transmits, you can check with the android app "Drone Scanner".
1-9 05:32
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Scotty59 Posted at 1-9 05:32
Hello, if you have done A1/A3 exam, you should have registered an LBA account before. So when you log in on this site: LBA you find your account dashboard. In the first line you will find your name, the "Fernpiloten-ID" (this is the one on your A1/A3 certificate) and the "UAS-Betreiber-Nummer (e-ID)". This e-ID without the last 3 digits has to be visible on your drone. If you have a C0 drone (e.g. DJI Mini 4 Pro) your done. You don't have a remote id for C0 drones. For the C1 or C2 drones (e.g. DJI Mavic 3 Pro)  you have to enter the e-ID with the last 3 digits on the info tab. If registered successfully the secret last 3 digits will be masked and won't be transmitted. What a C2 drone transmits, you can check with the android app "Drone Scanner".

Thank you for the advice, upon logging in to LBA I only see my Fernpiloten-ID.
1-10 02:28
Use props
Scotty59
lvl.3
Germany

Yaros1 Posted at 1-10 02:28
Thank you for the advice, upon logging in to LBA I only see my Fernpiloten-ID.
[view_image]

You will have to check with the LBA. Maybe there is some account info missing. Your pic shows your A1/A3 exam, but you have not registered your LBA Account correctly. Otherwise you would see the e-ID on the right side of the Fernpiloten-ID. I would contact LBA and ask for help, they can review your account.
1-10 04:59
Use props
Scotty59
lvl.3
Germany

Yaros1 Posted at 1-10 02:28
Thank you for the advice, upon logging in to LBA I only see my Fernpiloten-ID.
[view_image]

Here you can find the FAQ for the registration process:

UAS Betreiber FAQ

Did you upload an proof of identity?
1-10 05:12
Use props
GuiG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 780548 ft
Netherlands

Also, watch out where you fly. Look up the location you intend to fly on the local fly database. The DJI Flysafe database does not show everything.
I am from the Netherlands. I had to take the course and exam online from one of the Dutch course providers. And register at the RDW ( the vehicle authorization office ) to receive an 'exploitanten nummer'. The Remote-ID is a part of this number.
In which country do you plan to take the exams?

This English page from the dutch government could help

1-10 09:57
Use props
Firefly71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48769987 ft
Germany

Hi Yaros, if you completed your A1/A3 license through the German LBA, then I guess you have registered yourself already at LBA as UAS operator. LBA requires your personal data (name, address), a copy of your ID card or passport, and the number of a suitable liability insurance for any drone damage. The LBA registration / UAS operator dashboard can be found here: https://uas-registration.lba-openuav.de/#/uasDashboard. Once you're registered, you will see your UAS Operator ID ("UAS-Betreiber-Nummer") in the upper right corner of the LBA dashboard. The last three characters (after the dash) are confidential, like a creditcard PIN. It is not to be confused with you remote pilot ID ("Fernpiloten-ID"). The latter can be found in the LBA dashboard, as well as on your A1/A3 certificate. Before you fly, you should enter the UAS Operator ID (without the last 3 characters) as remote ID in the RC or RC Pro.
1-10 11:35
Use props
Scotty59
lvl.3
Germany

Firefly71 Posted at 1-10 11:35
Hi Yaros, if you completed your A1/A3 license through the German LBA, then I guess you have registered yourself already at LBA as UAS operator. LBA requires your personal data (name, address), a copy of your ID card or passport, and the number of a suitable liability insurance for any drone damage. The LBA registration / UAS operator dashboard can be found here: https://uas-registration.lba-openuav.de/#/uasDashboard. Once you're registered, you will see your UAS Operator ID ("UAS-Betreiber-Nummer") in the upper right corner of the LBA dashboard. The last three characters (after the dash) are confidential, like a creditcard PIN. It is not to be confused with you remote pilot ID ("Fernpiloten-ID"). The latter can be found in the LBA dashboard, as well as on your A1/A3 certificate. Before you fly, you should enter the UAS Operator ID (without the last 3 characters) as remote ID in the RC or RC Pro.

Little Correction: in the Fly App you will have to enter the complete e-ID (including the secret last 3 digits). After the registration the secret pin will not be shown. You must be on active Internet connection to do this.
1-10 22:29
Use props
Firefly71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48769987 ft
Germany

Scotty59 Posted at 1-10 22:29
Little Correction: in the Fly App you will have to enter the complete e-ID (including the secret last 3 digits). After the registration the secret pin will not be shown. You must be on active Internet connection to do this.

Exactly right, my mistake. Thanks for getting that sorted out.
1-11 10:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules