450 2 1-8 04:38
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Hello,
About a month ago I purchased the DJI Air 3 and was pleasantly surprised by its capabilities, cameras, and features.
However yesterday when testing Active Track on a mountain, I was following my car, it would stop active tracking because the drone got too far away from the subject, and no, it wasn't losing the subject, however a message was appearing on the screen saying something along the lines of "due to EU regulation ... it is not possible to follow subject further than 50m away".

Anyone knows how to remove this annoying restriction. As I understand this is not a problem with people out of the EU.
Also on my Air 2 that doesn't happen, it can follow from ridiculously away!

Thanks!
1-8 04:38
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Air 3 has class C1, therefore under EASA rules for a C1 drone, active track is limited to maximum of 50m.
1-8 05:06
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We understand the inconvenience. Based on the requirements for a class C1 Unmanned aircraft system,        
if equipped with a follow-me mode and when this function is on, be in a range not exceeding 50 m from the remote pilot, and make it possible for the remote pilot to regain control of the UA. Please refer to this link: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal- ... =CELEX%3A32019R0945. We appreciate your patience.
1-10 02:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules