DJI Flysafe - GEO zone unlocking NOT WORKING
574 4 1-8 06:38
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XGZm8XrBUU0V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I'm using the DJI Flysafe website to try and unlock a GEO zone. Correctly logged in, details entered etc. When it comes to seleceting the GEO zone to unlock the map is visible but the zones themselves are not visible and therefore cannot be selected. Tried it on different browsers and different devices. Same result.
Please help

1-8 06:38
Use props
djiuser_XGZm8XrBUU0V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OK. I've just found on another thread that DJI have turned OFF GEO zones altogether! Would it have been to difficult to put a little notice on the GEO Zone unlocking page to explain this?

I've yet to find out how this will affect my drone. I'll soon find out.....
1-8 06:47
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.        
When civilian drones first emerged on the market, there was a void of applicable laws or regulations. To support the healthy growth of the sector, DJI set restricted zones on its initiative to prevent the improper use of drones. Alongside the development of UAV technology and promulgation of pertinent laws and regulations, we will update our restricted zone policy and map in accordance with local laws and regulations. The regulatory power and responsibility rest with local authorities. While this eliminates the need to submit an unlocking request, users still need to file applications as required by local laws and regulations and ensure flight safety and compliance. Thank you for your support and understanding.
1-9 06:17
Use props
Titus E.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22375 ft

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 1-9 06:17
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.        
When civilian drones first emerged on the market, there was a void of applicable laws or regulations. To support the healthy growth of the sector, DJI set restricted zones on its initiative to prevent the improper use of drones. Alongside the development of UAV technology and promulgation of pertinent laws and regulations, we will update our restricted zone policy and map in accordance with local laws and regulations. The regulatory power and responsibility rest with local authorities. While this eliminates the need to submit an unlocking request, users still need to file applications as required by local laws and regulations and ensure flight safety and compliance. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Hello, I have to ask again:
Does this mean that I could theoretically launch our M3E anywhere, even if there is a no-fly zone. I no longer have to activate the zone with DJI, but of course I have to observe the local regulations. Is that correct?
3-11 06:29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Titus E. Posted at 3-11 06:29
Hello, I have to ask again:
Does this mean that I could theoretically launch our M3E anywhere, even if there is a no-fly zone. I no longer have to activate the zone with DJI, but of course I have to observe the local regulations. Is that correct?

Hi, there. It is recommended that you consult the relevant policies of the corresponding national departments, and our official website also has tips for you to refer to, link:https://fly-safe.dji.com/home
3-11 22:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules