926 22 1-8 07:28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Qbert111
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431699 ft
United Kingdom

Hello all!

I got a brand new M350 RTK just after the new year and was setting it up for its first jobs over the weekend.

I went through the setup, got it registered and updated, and everything looked fine.  This was until I was getting ready for the first test flight.

On the flight check screen, it was showing an error on the avionics:

IMG_9807.JPEG

And looking what that error was, I found this:

IMG_9803.JPEG

So found the place to update it, hit update, and it said it had, however, the screen still shows this:

IMG_9804.JPEG

I have a few other DJI drones, and know where this info sits in the settings, so went into camera mode/settings/common settings/about where I would expect to find the various databases and their update status, but there is no sign of the databases in there at all:

IMG_9805.JPEG

IMG_9806.JPEG

That is all the options it shows within the about section.

I was doing all of this whilst connected to the wifi.  I have tried starting it a few times, with the same results.  I know when I have had this issue with my other drones, I can just hit update in the about bit, and it sorts it out, but with them not showing there, and the database update screen doing nothing to the dynamic section I am a bit stuck.

I was able to take off, but it's disconcerting to have error messages showing throughout.

Any ideas on how I can rectify this situation?  I tried searching on Google, but seemingly this is the first time this has happened with a M350!
1-8 07:28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

check on main menu when pilot 2 starts. There should be something like Altitude zone on the left of the screen. Navigate inside and it should be somewhere there
1-8 08:33
Use props
Qbert111
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I saw the orange exclamation mark on there, and that's where I got to the screen on the 3rd image on my post above.  However no matter how many times I've tried to update, it doesn't rectify the issue.
1-8 08:40
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Qbert111 Posted at 1-8 08:40
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I saw the orange exclamation mark on there, and that's where I got to the screen on the 3rd image on my post above.  However no matter how many times I've tried to update, it doesn't rectify the issue.

1/ push somewhere there :
1.JPG
2/ You will see the orange point on what need to be updated, push on :

2.JPG

2-2.JPG

3/ push "update now"
3.png

4/Downloading
4.png

5/ Success !
5.png

6/clear of orange point
6.JPG

7/ clear of orange warning update is required
7.JPG

8/ total success
8.png

9/ If you don't get the same success, try refreshing the firmware with assistant 2, then if the problem persists, write to your reseller or enterprise@dji.com, it will be quicker.

1-8 08:56
Use props
Qbert111
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ah cool, I'll try that later on and see how I get on, thanks for the info mate!
1-8 08:58
Use props
Qbert111
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ok, update!

I've plugged both the M350 and the RC Plus into DJI Assistant 2, all firmware refreshed and up-to-date.

However I'm still getting the same issue, from the home screen, I have the warning on the left:

IMG_9809.JPEG

So press that and it takes me into the map screen.  I don't have any options like your images show on the right, it's at the bottom of the screen I get the warning and the database button:

IMG_9810.JPEG

So press that, and get taken to this screen:

IMG_9811.JPEG

It shows the static ones are fine, but N/A for the dynamic ones, I press the update button on the top right, and get this option pop-up:

IMG_9812.JPEG

I press the top option to use the DJI data, it goes ahead and updates, and I get this confirmation message:

IMG_9813.JPEG

But it still remains with the dynamic ones missing like the third picture.

So getting stumped here, spoken with my supplier and they are referring me to DJI, so a bit stumped on this one!

1-8 10:04
Use props
Qbert111
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've also forwarded this to the email you gave
1-8 10:10
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Qbert111 Posted at 1-8 10:10
I've also forwarded this to the email you gave

Have you tried assistant 2 on PC. Just to see what does it think about this.
1-8 10:28
Use props
Qbert111
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yea, both drone and controller have been refresh with my laptop, no difference
1-8 10:33
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Qbert111 Posted at 1-8 10:33
Yea, both drone and controller have been refresh with my laptop, no difference

I am having the exact same problem..with Mavic 3 E
1-9 05:22
Use props
Pterodaktyl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2548186 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue here with an M350 RTK. As far as I can make out DJI have stopped providing safety data for the UK, the expectation being that the UK Civil Aviation Authority will provide more accurate data. This doesn't seem to have happened however, meaning there's no longer a detailed safety database for the UK which leads to this error appearing. Unless it's possible to downgrade to an earlier firmware I don't believe there's a solution to this until DJI/CAA resolve the issue between them.
1-9 07:35
Use props
Qbert111
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aha, glad it's not just me!  @ChrisNDSFB - are you UK based?

If that is the case, the odd thing is that my M210 is still getting both types of flight databases when I update.

Can any of the DJI guys confirm this?

1-9 07:46
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Qbert111 Posted at 1-9 07:46
Aha, glad it's not just me!  @ChrisNDSFB - are you UK based?

If that is the case, the odd thing is that my M210 is still getting both types of flight databases when I update.

Yes i am based in Scotland
1-9 09:50
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

This appears to be a problem specific to the UK database. Interesting.
1-9 10:19
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-9 10:19
This appears to be a problem specific to the UK database. Interesting.

Can i ask a bit of a daft question...so when i go into route planner on my RC (DJI Pilot 2) i am not getting the mapping option is this related to the issue in question
1-9 14:36
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

ChrisNDSFB Posted at 1-9 14:36
Can i ask a bit of a daft question...so when i go into route planner on my RC (DJI Pilot 2) i am not getting the mapping option is this related to the issue in question

Shouldn't, but who knows. Dji is not very clear on update change log.
1-9 20:50
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

Qbert111 Posted at 1-8 10:04
Ok, update!

I've plugged both the M350 and the RC Plus into DJI Assistant 2, all firmware refreshed and up-to-date.

Have you tried deleting the cache and starting over? I've got around inconsistencies in the past that way. Although from the other comments, this might be a real mystery.
1-9 20:57
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience, our engineers are checking the issue and should be able to optimize the error soon.
And this error will not affect the actual flight, please rest assured.
1-10 00:55
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 1-10 00:55
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience, our engineers are checking the issue and should be able to optimize the error soon.
And this error will not affect the actual flight, please rest assured.

Just a quick update...my flysafe has now updated
1-10 03:29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ChrisNDSFB Posted at 1-10 03:29
Just a quick update...my flysafe has now updated

Thank you for your update and confirmation. Yes, the issue has been now solved, for users who experience the same error, please check again.
1-10 05:20
Use props
Qbert111
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Susan,

Yes, this has worked for me too, all databases have updated successfully and no more warnings!

Thank you for sorting this out, much appreciated!
1-11 02:56
Use props
SM3tEve
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm having the exact same issue with my M3E! Any fix for this yet please?
1-11 07:05
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

SM3tEve Posted at 1-11 07:05
I'm having the exact same issue with my M3E! Any fix for this yet please?

Still having the issue on M300...
1-23 00:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules