Can I record the screen capture of the RC2
727 12 1-8 09:58
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

Can i record the screen capture of my RC2 directly to the SD card or do I have to move the recording from the internal to the SD card. how much internal memory is there?
I really like my mini4 pro. I flew it for a short flight yesterday. I went about as far as i would have gone with my Spark with a 4Hwaks antenna and would have to turn back b/c of the battery. I brought the Mini4 back and only 1 led was blinking on the battery going now for a longer flight.
1-8 09:58
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, with the latest FW update, you can now save screen recordings to the SD card in the RC2.
1-8 11:26
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Make sure you put all the batteries into the drone one at a time, if you have more than one, as when you registered the drone and it did the initial firmware update, it will have updated the firmware in the battery in the drone at the time but not any additional batteries. To update those, put them in the drone and then in the app or controller, look in the about section or under your profile and click the frmware updates, and if there are any for the batteries, it will update them. cheers
1-8 14:24
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 1-8 14:24
Make sure you put all the batteries into the drone one at a time, if you have more than one, as when you registered the drone and it did the initial firmware update, it will have updated the firmware in the battery in the drone at the time but not any additional batteries. To update those, put them in the drone and then in the app or controller, look in the about section or under your profile and click the frmware updates, and if there are any for the batteries, it will update them. cheers

Thanks for that info, there is soooooo much to learn with my new drone. BTW I inserted an SD card in the RC2 , it  was the same type as i used in the Mini4 pro. In the mini pro4 , at first it did not accept the SD card had to format the sd card from within the camera settings, now it works in the mini4 pro.
I am having the same issue with the SD card I inserted in the RC2. says card not accepted or not found...something like that I assume I just need to format that card as well from within the controller someplace. cannot find where, would you know?
1-8 19:44
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI RC 2 firmware v02.00.0300 and later versions have added support for saving screenshots and recordings in the microSD card mounted on the remote controller. When the storage location is switched to the microSD card, recordings are saved in the microSD card and previous recordings in the internal storage of the remote controller are not migrated. If you are using firmware earlier than v02.00.0300, recordings are saved in the internal storage of DJI RC 2 by default and the storage location remains unchanged, even if it is set to a microSD card. Hope this helps.
1-8 20:35
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Yes, it is now possible after the latest firmware. You can refer to this thread. https://forum.dji.com/thread-294629-1-1.html. Additionally, you can try formatting the SD card from a computer instead if your RC 2 is unable to recognize it. Have a nice day.
1-8 20:38
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Frunobulax Posted at 1-8 19:44
Thanks for that info, there is soooooo much to learn with my new drone. BTW I inserted an SD card in the RC2 , it  was the same type as i used in the Mini4 pro. In the mini pro4 , at first it did not accept the SD card had to format the sd card from within the camera settings, now it works in the mini4 pro.
I am having the same issue with the SD card I inserted in the RC2. says card not accepted or not found...something like that I assume I just need to format that card as well from within the controller someplace. cannot find where, would you know?

Yep, start your RC2, pull down from the top of the screen to get at the pull down menu. On the left side you should see the word setup, if you click that, it should ask if you want to switch to using the sd card. you need to set it up regardless if you want to use it so that the word explore appears in that same left panel,which is a shortcut to the videos and pictures you're going to store, once you've done that you, pull down, click explore and you'll find your files by clicking the 3 little lines on the top left to see pics, audio vids, etc. To format the controller card, on the top right in the pulldown menu, there is a gear shaped icon, click that, and then storage, and you'll see your internal storage on top, and the android or card storage on the bottom, click on it and you'll see the option to format the card. If it doesn't ask there, you need to setup the card and then format it.
1-8 23:27
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 1-8 23:27
Yep, start your RC2, pull down from the top of the screen to get at the pull down menu. On the left side you should see the word setup, if you click that, it should ask if you want to switch to using the sd card. you need to set it up regardless if you want to use it so that the word explore appears in that same left panel,which is a shortcut to the videos and pictures you're going to store, once you've done that you, pull down, click explore and you'll find your files by clicking the 3 little lines on the top left to see pics, audio vids, etc. To format the controller card, on the top right in the pulldown menu, there is a gear shaped icon, click that, and then storage, and you'll see your internal storage on top, and the android or card storage on the bottom, click on it and you'll see the option to format the card. If it doesn't ask there, you need to setup the card and then format it.

Thanks for the inf. i do not understand the last line " If it doesn't ask there, you need to setup the card and then format it"  not sure i follow, if the controller does not ask, how would i accomplish this task?
1-9 12:19
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Frunobulax Posted at 1-9 12:19
Thanks for the inf. i do not understand the last line " If it doesn't ask there, you need to setup the card and then format it"  not sure i follow, if the controller does not ask, how would i accomplish this task?

Sorry, maybe not the best choise of words, lol  I meant if you don't see the sd card showing there, the controller may not be seeing it if its not set up, or as they say mounted. It good to set it up an format it as the controller will erase the old file system on the card, install its own file system of choise and set up and file folders etc on the card.
1-9 19:01
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 1-8 14:24
Make sure you put all the batteries into the drone one at a time, if you have more than one, as when you registered the drone and it did the initial firmware update, it will have updated the firmware in the battery in the drone at the time but not any additional batteries. To update those, put them in the drone and then in the app or controller, look in the about section or under your profile and click the frmware updates, and if there are any for the batteries, it will update them. cheers

thanks for the info. what i found was, of course link the aircraft with the controller. then swipe down twice on the RC2, the first-round icon is wireless, long press. The wireless app comes up. make sure that you are connected to your home wireless.
Then close that, click the 3 dots top right, go to about and click updates. click download updates, should automatically go to about 70% b/c you have updated the Mini4 and controller already. then the update will proceed for the battery.
1-11 10:16
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Frunobulax Posted at 1-11 10:16
thanks for the info. what i found was, of course link the aircraft with the controller. then swipe down twice on the RC2, the first-round icon is wireless, long press. The wireless app comes up. make sure that you are connected to your home wireless.
Then close that, click the 3 dots top right, go to about and click updates. click download updates, should automatically go to about 70% b/c you have updated the Mini4 and controller already. then the update will proceed for the battery.

Sounds about right
1-11 19:48
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
United States

both SD cards are now formatted and the one in the controller says something like combined storage, so I am thinking it is both the sd card and the onboard storage both. This drone I have is so remarkable. i feel like I am an alien silently gliding through the air scoping out Earth lol...get a DJI drone NOW resistance is futile.
1-12 05:07
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Haha, its true! I got the Integra goggles and motion 2 at Christmas time, still learning to fly with them as its winter here. Interesting about the combined storage message, I've never seen that but could be something new. I have a card in mine, but so far haven't needed more than the onboard storage. I had the thought that it would be faster for it to write to the onboard storage so been using that, but I really don't know, its not like theres a spec for it, lol
1-12 07:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules