719 14 1-8 20:01
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, I am thinking about getting one of these, at present its a toss up between this and the GP Max, the primary usage would be for kayaking so i have some questions...

• max battery is about 2.5hrs in 1080/24, what is the real-world battery length in 4k/30?
  • I want to record in 4k but will need to use proxies for post, therefore, does it store low res videos?
  • I will be going on white water, so inevitably swimming lol, is the Bluetooth remote waterproof? I only need about 1m max

I think that's all for now, thanks
1-8 20:01
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

the gps remote has ipx7 so I think you can use it for rafting
1-9 19:59
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. The GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller can be submerged at a depth of 1 m in water for 30 min based on the test. When using the remote controller underwater, it is possible that signal interference and water ingress will occur. Therefore, it is not recommended to use it underwater for a long period. Have a nice day.
1-10 01:22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lutzmix Posted at 1-9 19:59
the gps remote has ipx7 so I think you can use it for rafting

Ah, that's good news thanks.
1-10 03:06
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-10 01:22
Hi. The GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller can be submerged at a depth of 1 m in water for 30 min based on the test. When using the remote controller underwater, it is possible that signal interference and water ingress will occur. Therefore, it is not recommended to use it underwater for a long period. Have a nice day.

Thank you Tony, it's only for when I end up tipping over after I fail to do the roll lol, I won't have any need to use it underwater.
1-10 03:07
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-10 01:22
Hi. The GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller can be submerged at a depth of 1 m in water for 30 min based on the test. When using the remote controller underwater, it is possible that signal interference and water ingress will occur. Therefore, it is not recommended to use it underwater for a long period. Have a nice day.

What about the low res file, is one saved to the card like it is with some other DJI products?
1-11 07:38
Use props
Reiner.
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 1-11 07:38
What about the low res file, is one saved to the card like it is with some other DJI products?

Yes, beside the MP4 a .LRF is always recorded and stored in the same folder as the MP4.
1-11 08:55
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reiner. Posted at 1-11 08:55
Yes, beside the MP4 a .LRF is always recorded and stored in the same folder as the MP4.

Ah, brill, thank you, that will save me some encoding time
1-11 09:05
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

you need a usbc to usbc cable for your phone or a usbc card reader.with mimo apk you dont see the lrf file
1-11 10:40
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lutzmix Posted at 1-11 10:40
you need a usbc to usbc cable for your phone or a usbc card reader.with mimo apk you dont see the lrf file

Thank you, i always remove the SD and transfer to my laptop to do the editing with Premiere Pro, whilst my Note 20 Ultra should be ok with editing 4k, i think i will always prefer my lappy even though its a little chuggy when it comes to editing 4k hence needing the low res.
1-11 17:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 1-11 07:38
What about the low res file, is one saved to the card like it is with some other DJI products?

Hello. Yes, it will be automatically generated for playback previews and the Trimmed Download feature. Have a great day.
1-13 03:21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-13 03:21
Hello. Yes, it will be automatically generated for playback previews and the Trimmed Download feature. Have a great day.

Thanks Tony, I will use them for proxies whilst editing.
Also, could you see sort our the Action 4 icon for me as its not showing up under my name on the left.
1-13 03:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 1-13 03:24
Thanks Tony, I will use them for proxies whilst editing.
Also, could you see sort our the Action 4 icon for me as its not showing up under my name on the left.

Sure thing. You can send me the serial number via DM and I will forward it to the relevant team to handle.
1-13 03:51
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-13 03:51
Sure thing. You can send me the serial number via DM and I will forward it to the relevant team to handle.

Thank you, will do.
1-13 03:53
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turns out that the proxies are only 25fps so if shot in anything faster than the saved .LRF files then they are no good as proxies as they run too fast in Premiere Pro's (or other editing software) timeline, i.e. if the original footage is shot in 100fps and you use the .LRF files as proxies then they will run at 4x the speed in the timeline.

I suppose one could re-encode the .LRF to 100fps, it should be faster than creating brand new proxies. I need to experiment.

Just thought i would update as its a fairly decent issue for any using them as proxies.
1-16 18:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules