Flysafe update
1194 16 1-9 04:51
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all
Is there some sort of issue regarding flysafe database update.
Here's the thing...i had a warning saying it needed updating...i did an auto update...i now have a message saying '' Inconsistent data sources between aircraft and Remote controller. Aircraft data is used by default. Update pending.''

My avionics is still at ''Caution''
I have a Mavic 3E.

Any advice would be grateful...
1-9 04:51
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28140 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI just issued a new DJI Fly Safe Zone update.  I updated my M3E just now using the DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series) App on my PC and everything is normal.

You may have to update or refresh the firmware on your M3E and RM510B to clear up the inconsistent software version issue.
1-9 10:26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller to the latest version and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://enterprise.dji.com/mavic-3-enterprise/downloads
1-9 21:23
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-9 21:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller to the latest version and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://enterprise.dji.com/mavic-3-enterprise/downloads

Hi so i have done all the above, all firmware on both aircraft and controller is up to date....and i am still seeing the same as in original post.
1-10 01:29
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ChrisNDSFB Posted at 1-10 01:29
Hi so i have done all the above, all firmware on both aircraft and controller is up to date....and i am still seeing the same as in original post.

The other issue i have is that when i go to route planner there is now no mapping feature...it just has waypoint route...area route...linear route...

1-10 02:10
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ChrisNDSFB Posted at 1-10 02:10
The other issue i have is that when i go to route planner there is now no mapping feature...it just has waypoint route...area route...linear route...

Ok..quick update...Flysafe is now updated....so all good there.
Could you please advise as to why i am not getting the mapping function when i go into route planner
Thank you
1-10 03:29
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi this is what i get when i go to route planner..following the instructions in the tutorials.
1-10 04:06
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

ChrisNDSFB Posted at 1-10 04:06
[view_image]

Hi this is what i get when i go to route planner..following the instructions in the tutorials.

Just try it wirh Area Route (supports 2D/3D data collection).
1-10 05:54
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

pspec Posted at 1-10 05:54
Just try it wirh Area Route (supports 2D/3D data collection).

Thanks for this, as of yet i havent done any mapping and wasnt sure if this was the same thing...its a learning curve. The thing that confused me was the function was there a few months ago..
1-10 06:08
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ChrisNDSFB Posted at 1-10 06:08
Thanks for this, as of yet i havent done any mapping and wasnt sure if this was the same thing...its a learning curve. The thing that confused me was the function was there a few months ago..

i assume it has all the same features when it comes to flight planning etc..forgive me as i am new to mapping
1-10 07:29
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

ChrisNDSFB Posted at 1-10 06:08

DJI changes the functions and names in the Pilot 2 app from time to time. Sometimes you have to try and test.
1-10 08:48
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

pspec Posted at 1-10 08:48
DJI changes the functions and names in the Pilot 2 app from time to time. Sometimes you have to try and test.

Thank you...appreciate the help
1-10 11:18
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ChrisNDSFB Posted at 1-10 02:10

I had the same issue when I first tried to use mapping on my M3E.  I ended up having to buy the Mavic 3 RTK module to enable mapping on my M3E.  I'm not sure if this is just a feature, and DJI is forcing us to buy the RTK module to use the mapping feature.  Now that I have the RTK module, I can use Flight Hub 2 to plan my mapping missions, download the plan and fly the mission.  This worked for me.

I also test drove Drone Deploy on my M3E and it is a good alternative to the DJI Mapping capability and it did not require me to buy the RTK module to use.

With either solution, you will need a decent cellular connection.

1-10 13:00
Use props
GeorgeEV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1608 ft
Greece

I don't think DJI forces you to buy the RTK module to enable mapping. I got it anyway since I am a surveyor but generally it can map without the rtk module.
Regarding Flight Hub I would like to know how you use it. Can you plan the mission in the pc and then upload to Pilot 2?
1-10 23:19
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

GeorgeEV Posted at 1-10 23:19
I don't think DJI forces you to buy the RTK module to enable mapping. I got it anyway since I am a surveyor but generally it can map without the rtk module.
Regarding Flight Hub I would like to know how you use it. Can you plan the mission in the pc and then upload to Pilot 2?

Your right, I just tested my M3E without the RTK module, and I was able to enter a simple Ortho map. I seem to remember when trying that with my first M3E, that was purchased in early 2023 having a problem.  Page 86 of the M3E manual also has some contradictory information regarding the RTK module.  Looks like they fixed it.   

Thanks for pointing that out.

Regarding Flight Hub 2... You can plan your missions on the PC and then download your flight plan to your M3E controller before the flight.  Planning complex flight plans is allot easier on a PC monitor.  The surprising part is that FH2 is free, unlike DJI Terra.  Just register and your be good to go.  

https://fh.dji.com/login

It's nice to have two (2) Ortho workflow options (DJI and Drone Deploy).
1-11 12:50
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

All drivers up to date via the current DJI Assistant Enterprise, freshly downloaded and installed.
The json file comes direct from https://www.iaa.ie/docs/default- ... n?sfvrsn=732a11f3_3
It isn't working for me.
1-11 13:11
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

Also, why does the import not allow us specify a URL? It seems like a considerable oversight.
And why does the failure provide no feedback?
1-11 13:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules